BRFCS

BY THE FANS, FOR THE FANS
SINCE 1996
Proudly partnered with TheTerraceStore.com

[Archived] Protest Ideas...

• Replies 2.5k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

As somebody who iI think has been seen criticise those for trying to talk to the club in the past, do you think more meetings will resolve it ? I really don't see any semblance of a plan anywhere. We've talked and talked and heard all sort of promises, Its as pointless as protesting.

Questions need answering. Who else is going to ask them?

• Backroom

That would be the only thing to be noticed. Protests will not get reported on because theres that many of them nowadays, Charlton has a chance because of the fact it involves that lot probably going up.

And the fact they're based in London.

Boycott home games but attend away games.

Refuse to buy Season Tickets but make every away game a sell out. Nothing will shout louder to the Venky Scum than hitting them in the pocket and you can't ignore empty seats at every home game.

In contrast we make every away game an event, sell out every away end and give full vociferous backing. This will demonstrate our support for the team and show we haven't gone away. A statement could be issued at the start of the season to set out the reasons for the protest and give it context.

Simple but effective.

sorry to be a kill joy, but i think its just financially out of the question for the a large portion of fans to travel the country going to away games every other week(sometimes twice a week) for a lot of people(including myself) just affording tickets for home games is a struggle.

I do like the postcard to pune idea a lot though, i doubt it would have a big effect on anything but it would at least be something that gets there attention and in a novel way(as long as people don't resort to just being abusive)

I'm going to find(or simply make) a postcard this weekend and it would be fun to see what design of postcard others send, maybe somebody could start a thread to post a picture of your card in(but the message could be kept quiet if you prefer)

That's not how protest works, if you feel an injustice has taken place that's impacted on your life stand up for yourself, don't spout on about Allardyce and sound like a petulant child, they did nowt, so I'll do nowt......

I stood side by side with you in the early days and I'm more determined than before to vent my spleen this time around, you should do the same.

There's no definitive guide on how/when you protest. Your idea of it is protest at an injustice, my idea is protest to demand a definitive alternative, having already decided on a realistic, practical and widely accepted one. What is the aim of these protests? How realistic is that aim? How will it improve our current station of bottom half Championship. With little/no idea how to answer those questions, I'd say the whole protest agenda is riddled with petulance.

Guess that's why we disagree on the whole austerity thing to. I want a comprehensively better approach than the one currently being tried, that stands up to intense scrutiny, before causing a ruckuss. Without that, protests can actually make a situation worse. Kean -> Berg for example.

It's time that the local paper turned the heat up on the owners. They don't speak to the LT anyway so what's to lose?

Front page of:

NO CHAIRMAN

NO CHIEF EXEC

NO MANAGER

NO HOPE

would be a start

Cheston's turn to face the fans.

If we stop knocking on their door then they will never feel answerable to us.

But does it not feel like the questions are being asked to a brick wall. Every key relevant question is for the owners. All Cheston / Myers /Shelfy etc can do is ask that question up the chain and I don't think they ever get an answer.

But does it not feel like the questions are being asked to a brick wall. Every key relevant question is for the owners. All Cheston / Myers /Shelfy etc can do is ask that question up the chain and I don't think they ever get an answer.

The act of asking is important even if you don't get the answer you want.

It's time that the local paper turned the heat up on the owners. They don't speak to the LT anyway so what's to lose?

Front page of:

NO CHAIRMAN

NO CHIEF EXEC

NO MANAGER

NO HOPE

would be a start

Or just break all policy and but a great big Venkys...F OFF on the front page. I told Wheelock that unless a nuclear bomb goes off there's no excuse not to put the latest nonsense on the front page.

Since people won't go to the stadium tonight how about 100 of us all call Talksport at same time?

Front page of:

NO CHAIRMAN

NO CHIEF EXEC

NO MANAGER

NO HOPE

would be a start

That's not a bad shout.

The 'Time to Go steve' front page got a lot if attention and also made a lot of 'day tripper'' fans change opinion.

Nobody on here says it's anything other than outrageous. The LT should have the balls to lead with it as a comment again. Get it on placards across the region again. It'll get the pressure back on the club locally.

Cryer never really pushed it but since leaving he's shown that, despite living round here, he's got a bit of a chip on his shoulder regarding Rovers.

Wheelock does Radio Lancs commentary and can be quite scathing at times about the club. Either way, like last time the comment would come from the editor and not the sports reporter so they can say to the club 'nothing to do with me'.

Many of the local fans who don't breathe Rovers 24/7 on places like here don't see the full picture like we do, hence the people Abbey runs into on match day. All the facts need pointing out in black and white clearly again to these people. For any larger scale protest on match days to work (and be accepted) you would need the understanding / support of these people

That's not how protest works, if you feel an injustice has taken place that's impacted on your life stand up for yourself, don't spout on about Allardyce and sound like a petulant child, they did nowt, so I'll do nowt......

I stood side by side with you in the early days and I'm more determined than before to vent my spleen this time around, you should do the same.

Thats an important point to make.

Sometimes, even when you think no one is listening, you just have to shout your message because you believe it and show the world you believe it.

Protesting against Venkys incompetence is as much about us showing we care about Rovers as it is about changing things.

Our grievances are not in the same league as the Justice For The 96 campaigners I know, but not many people listened to them at the start and Im sure many told them it was pointless.

There's no definitive guide on how/when you protest. Your idea of it is protest at an injustice, my idea is protest to demand a definitive alternative, having already decided on a realistic, practical and widely accepted one. What is the aim of these protests? How realistic is that aim? How will it improve our current station of bottom half Championship. With little/no idea how to answer those questions, I'd say the whole protest agenda is riddled with petulance.

Guess that's why we disagree on the whole austerity thing to. I want a comprehensively better approach than the one currently being tried, that stands up to intense scrutiny, before causing a ruckuss. Without that, protests can actually make a situation worse. Kean -> Berg for example.

So you're not protesting because we don't have a viable alternative to:

Having no manager

Having no chairman

Having no board

Having no money

Having owners without a clue or brain cell

Having no players

Having no fans

You want to know what is the aim of the protest?

How will it improve the club?

I give up SKHT

Didn't realise we had a protest thread, but I've just posted this on the Reading one, so apologies if you've seen it already:

In my eyes, anyone who steps inside that ground , that Saturday, is continuing to support the regime.

Let's officially make Ewood have an attendance of 0 home fans. They WILL get the message then.

I'm going to support the lads, not the owners doesn't wash anymore after today's crap. It's time for operation Empty Ewood. I've put these on Twitter if anyone wants to join my efforts: #WeWantOurRoversBack #EmptyEwood #VenkysOut

But it isn't Paul Lamberts blue and white army

More of a statement that we agree with what Lambert was trying to tell Venkys.

But I like Vinjay's idea better.

18 JWB&WA

75 All Out

Didn't realise we had a protest thread, but I've just posted this on the Reading one, so apologies if you've seen it already:

In my eyes, anyone who steps inside that ground , that Saturday, is continuing to support the regime.

Let's officially make Ewood have an attendance of 0 home fans. They WILL get the message then.

I'm going to support the lads, not the owners doesn't wash anymore after today's crap. It's time for operation Empty Ewood. I've put these on Twitter if anyone wants to join my efforts: #WeWantOurRoversBack #EmptyEwood #VenkysOut

You will never get a 100% backing for anything from Rovers fans. We are a fanbase who are NOT united.

Archived