BRFCS

BY THE FANS, FOR THE FANS
SINCE 1996
Proudly partnered with TheTerraceStore.com

[Archived] Why Do Venky's Continue To Own Us?

Amo

• Replies 242
  • Created
  • Last Reply

"Interest-free loan" in this instance is quite misleading as it makes it sound generous. Even if they did add interest, how the hell would they ever get that money back?

There are plenty of other ways of getting money out of a club, other than charging Interest on Director loans. I have a feeling that they have had their pound of flesh and in reality the no interest on their debt, should probably read at least 5%. Things aren't always as they seem and it is possible to cook other things as well as the dinner!

There are plenty of other ways of getting money out of a club, other than charging Interest on Director loans. I have a feeling that they have had their pound of flesh and in reality the no interest on their debt, should probably read at least 5%. Things aren't always as they seem and it is possible to cook other things as well as the dinner!

Been saying this all along but then you get people saying but why would they rob themselves, they don't get it and I suppose if you don't know about big business or haven't read up on how things have gone on before in football then they won't get it.

What's happened at Ewood bares all the hallmarks of stuff that's gone on at other clubs in the past, mainly not from this country but some are. Cash in the pocket is cash in the pocket and accounts are accounts on paper.

Been saying this all along but then you get people saying but why would they rob themselves, they don't get it and I suppose if you don't know about big business or haven't read up on how things have gone on before in football then they won't get it.

What's happened at Ewood bares all the hallmarks of stuff that's gone on at other clubs in the past, mainly not from this country but some are. Cash in the pocket is cash in the pocket and accounts are accounts on paper.

Spot on and the number of times I have heard people talk about cash in hand and the likes, with even the smallest of business, has to mean it goes on with the big boys too.

Spot on and the number of times I have heard people talk about cash in hand and the likes, with even the smallest of business, has to mean it goes on with the big boys too.

Having the accounts on the books of the parent company absorbing them or of a holding company that makes huge losses still doesn't mean money doesn't find it's way into the pockets of the directors of these loss making enterprises. Accountants are amazing fact spinners they can make money just disappear at the flick of a pen on paper only for it reappear somewhere else. Often the least expected places :)

It'll happen regularly in the football industry or nobody would be involved in ownership.

Business life and accounting doesn't work like that sadly, even in football. I'm as @#/? off as anyone but won't console myself by that train of thought. That said, if there's any other line of logic........

Business life and accounting doesn't work like that sadly, even in football. I'm as @#/? off as anyone but won't console myself by that train of thought. That said, if there's any other line of logic........

Clever people and cleverer accountants can move money in any walk of life

Correct, maybe the shareholder letter might just prize a door open

Trying to think outside the box a touch; if the Rao's are not prepared to throw a kings ransom at the club in an effort to gain promotion but just minimise and cover ongoing trading cash shortfalls, perhaps they are looking to jump ship?

They may (and should already) have realized that the likelihood of recouping what they paid for a top ten PL club and the ensuing debt, is zero without promotion. Administration or liquidation would only make that less likely and an unwanted scrutiny of the books would follow.

The fact that there is minimal executive structure and players' contractual obligations are to the bare bones, means the club is in a prime position for a new brush to stamp their authority on the place.

Wishful thinking perhaps but here's hoping. Come on Batts, Currie and co...........

Trying to think outside the box a touch; if the Rao's are not prepared to throw a kings ransom at the club in an effort to gain promotion but just minimise and cover ongoing trading cash shortfalls, perhaps they are looking to jump ship?

They may (and should already) have realized that the likelihood of recouping what they paid for a top ten PL club and the ensuing debt, is zero without promotion. Administration or liquidation would only make that less likely and an unwanted scrutiny of the books would follow.

The fact that there is minimal executive structure and players' contractual obligations are to the bare bones, means the club is in a prime position for a new brush to stamp their authority on the place.

Wishful thinking perhaps but here's hoping. Come on Batts, Currie and co...........

You see that's where it all falls down, thinking logically about our situation and trying to find a logical solution.

Then realising we have effing lunatics for owners.

May not be such wishful thinking after all.

Archived