BRFCS

BY THE FANS, FOR THE FANS
SINCE 1996
Proudly partnered with TheTerraceStore.com

[Archived] Why Do Venky's Continue To Own Us?

Amo

I agree it needs to happen. They are utterly clueless at best and since they're incapable logic dictates the rescue of our club has to be external input into Venkys. And it needs to happen in a way that stops them losing face - as in it needs to be there idea (or at least they think it was.)

Got it!

01e3eb3d585b3097379af28f1c6574db.jpg

Problem is their lack of knowledge of the industry,and their pathetic need to be handled so gently, means that even when approved help comes in (such as that Hunt bloke or Lambert) as soon as they tell them a few home truths Venkys get the hump. Not surprising as all remedial action shows how badly they've screwed up and is not good for their honour. In some ways even getting in the help is pointless as they won't like or listen to what they say.

What i struggle to understand is why that is/how you're able to get them to agree things. Shabby, Kean and JA managed it, so it is possible. Or perhaps they are now so burned by those experiences that they won't take advice from anyone. But someone must have guided them to get in an experienced chap like Lambert, I can't imagine it's there idea after 5+ years of doing the reverse, which suggests they're not totally closed to help. Yet then they go back on that plan within months like a bizarre form of bi-polar.

i think I need to give it a rest and conclude trying to understand Venkys is impossible!

I think it comes down to the Day 1 advice that they received. It seems that some very clever people got involved with the club and not only gained the confidence of Venkys but also removed every intelligent person who had Rovers' success as their main aim. Even those people who stood to gain personally, looked to do so on the back of making Rovers as successful as possible (that's how proper football mercenaries, people who live and understand the game, go about it). They then made sure that all of the replacements were either friendly to their own aims or who were able to be manipulated. This entire infrastructure has then insulated Venkys, which is why it was possible to give them a chance once these people had supposedly left. However, they have lost that chance and currently we have nothing but a vacuum, plus Pasha (assuming he is the good guy), so to change the culture that was brought is going to need somebody on the inside to get Venkys to listen to new advice. Somebody clever who can understand the needs of Venkys as well as Rovers. Lambert wasn't able to do this but I expect he wasn't going to get on his knees and has personal pride at stake. Much as it grates, this has to be win-win though. This clever person will need to know, or find out, what Venkys will accept as a win (if it's their money back then we really are screwed) and set about trying to achieve that aim whilst supporting the aims of Rovers (i.e. not going out of business). I have no faith that Venkys will put any more money in - not sure they can, given they debt - so it's all about helping the club to survive whilst getting the club closer to being taken over by new owners. We are on a League One (possibly League Two) trajectory, there's no mistake. By the time we get there we need to be either free of Venkys or ready to take on the club, with Venkys content to write of the debt. (A big ask). The alternative is NewCo FC.

I'd suggest that Pasha (assuming that the wrong 'uns do not still have Venkys ear) would be the guy to appeal to who might be able to broker an alliance or junior partnership with the RoversTrust - or even working with Pasha on an advisory basis. I would hope that the Trust would be prepared to do this - pride on both sides would definitely tear this club apart. We cannot appeal to anybody, let alone Venkys, through the media - I'm not even sure they heard Lambert's comments, hence the uncomfortable RoversPlayer interview as a virtual living will - so this needs to be done sensitively. Again, I appeal to Sergei, if he has any power to somehow get a message to Pasha - or let us (or the Trust or Seneca) know how.

If we can play the long game, maybe we'll eventually be able to awaken from this nightmare. Because without liquidation, the alternative is Limbo.

tumblr_n25k9m7gHe1tuyofco1_400.gif

• Replies 242
  • Created
  • Last Reply

I can't decide where to post this. Ian Wright, Labour Chair of the Parliamentary Business Select Committee, was interviewed on the Today Programme on R4 in relation to BHS and Sir Philip Green. He and the woman representing the pensions angle were very interesting to listen to. Ian Wright made the following points which the Select Committee will be expecting Philip Green and his wife, they have both been called before the committee, to address:

Who knew what and when?

Is it right to buy a company and strip it of its value with no regard to pensions and employees?

Is it right to sell a company and take no future responsibility for its well being?

Seems to me there are a few parallels there

I can't decide where to post this. Ian Wright, Labour Chair of the Parliamentary Business Select Committee, was interviewed on the Today Programme on R4 in relation to BHS and Sir Philip Green. He and the woman representing the pensions angle were very interesting to listen to. Ian Wright made the following points which the Select Committee will be expecting Philip Green and his wife, they have both been called before the committee, to address:

Who knew what and when?

Is it right to buy a company and strip it of its value with no regard to pensions and employees?

Is it right to sell a company and take no future responsibility for its well being?

Seems to me there are a few parallels there

Philip Green's answer is going to be, it is a private company and I did nothing illegal.

The same committee can't even get Mike Ashley to come before it to answer questions never mind someone from a different country.

Can anybody else remember Mrs D ( or anther of the family) stating in an interview that they were offered another club (at the time it was stated a championship club) but it was not fully for sale (part ownership ? ) before they bought Rovers. I wonder if it was Leicester?

Edit : It is in this interview , interestingly they were alerted to Rovers being for sale in August around the time Leicester's new owners took over

http://www.dailymail.co.uk/sport/football/article-1347547/The-Bollywood-billionaires-Blackburn.html

In the words of Venky Rao:

"One thing is sure. If we go into this with the intention of getting publicity as a motivation, it's going to fail. If I buy as the first Indian and fail, that is a huge embarrassment. We're not at Blackburn for profit or publicity, we're at Blackburn because we'll enjoy it, and to create a legacy."

Hope they are enjoying it because no-one else is. The legacy will be a club in administration and a reputation for being clueless idiots.

In the words of Venky Rao:

"One thing is sure. If we go into this with the intention of getting publicity as a motivation, it's going to fail. If I buy as the first Indian and fail, that is a huge embarrassment. We're not at Blackburn for profit or publicity, we're at Blackburn because we'll enjoy it, and to create a legacy."

Hope they are enjoying it because no-one else is. The legacy will be a club in administration and a reputation for being clueless idiots.

There are some crackers in that interview

'We want to keep the fans happy and make the club better.

'We can handle criticism. We're used to dealing with a whole nation of farmers. Many are happy with our products but always some are not happy. We try to improve. We get on with things.'

'As and when required, we will invest, in a responsible way, but let me be clear: money will not be a problem. I am not going to promise specific figures but if we need to spend £5m on something, we'll spend it. If we need £10m, £15m, £20m, we'll do it.

We won't compromise on quality. We are prepared to spend a lot over time.'

Bit in bold is true, but not in the way they envisaged I would think.

'As and when required, we will invest, in a responsible way, but let me be clear: money will not be a problem. I am not going to promise specific figures but if we need to spend £5m on something, we'll spend it. If we need £10m, £15m, £20m, we'll do it.

It was required that they backed Lambert and invested in the squad this summer.

Another Venky fail.

'We can handle criticism. We're used to dealing with a whole nation of farmers. Many are happy with our products but always some are not happy. We try to improve. We get on with things.'

I'd forgotten about all that stuff! They really did talk the talk.

Im also starting to think that maybe The Raos are deliberately destroying the Club as a way of burying the evidence of the 'alleged' irregular acquisition of Rovers.

No Club, no crime scene...

Im also starting to think that maybe The Raos are deliberately destroying the Club as a way of burying the evidence of the 'alleged' irregular acquisition of Rovers.

No Club, no crime scene...

If that were the case, they could flog us to a "Shah" or "Ali Syed" type and wash their hands of the whole thing?

If that were the case, they could flog us to a "Shah" or "Ali Syed" type and wash their hands of the whole thing?

They are not stupid enough to want a "Shah" or "Ali Syed" type to find the skeletons and be at their beck and call ever-after .............imo

They are not stupid enough to want a "Shah" or "Ali Syed" type to find the skeletons and be at their beck and call ever-after .............imo

I doubt that. Look at the way Pompey was passed from pillar to post, and the only ones held accountable were the club and its supporters.

I thought punerover might be someone like Shah. Wasn't he a bit bitter towards the Vs for jumping into bed with another partner ? :)

Was threatening legal action at one point wasn't he, that went quiet

Edit: Link http://theworldgame.sbs.com.au/article/2010/12/29/legal-threat-hits-venkys

http://indianexpress.com/article/cities/pune/allegations-baselessvenkys/

http://www.dailymail.co.uk/sport/football/article-1296026/Blackburn-Rovers-set-45m-takeover-Indian-businessman-Saurin-Shah.html

and finally , wonder if she now wishes she had waited a bit longer :)

Desai said she made an offer of commission to Qubic asking them to carry out the due diligence etc. and introduce them to Blackburn but went on to buy the club through a Swiss agency after not hearing anything from Qubic.

http://www.dnaindia.com/sport/report-we-were-backstabbed-on-blackburn-purchase-1476702

Archived