BRFCS

BY THE FANS, FOR THE FANS
SINCE 1996
Proudly partnered with TheTerraceStore.com

[Archived] Why Do Venky's Continue To Own Us?

Amo

• Replies 242
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Betide, Abbey. Woe betide. Means I hope woe comes to you. Since merc is usually fairly miserable perhaps it already has

When I was about six, a very frightening nun used to use that "woe betide you" phrase.It was laced with such menace and foreboding.

Now it's tossed away on the BRFC message board!!!

When I was about six, a very frightening nun used to use that "woe betide you" phrase.It was laced with such menace and foreboding.

Think you must have gone to the same school as me lol

Think you must have gone to the same school as me lol

I used to perform a song called Good Friday Blues about a guilty altar boy, who skips the Good Friday service to watch Rovers play Millwall at Ewood Park.

God's punishment was relegation to the Third Division!

Anyway, the said nun gets a name check. A couple of years ago a woman in the audience actually screamed at the very mention of her name!

I used to perform a song called Good Friday Blues about a guilty altar boy, who skips the Good Friday service to watch Rovers play Millwall at Ewod Park.

Anyway, the said nun gets a name check. A couple of years ago a woman in the audience actually screamed at the very mention of her name!

Was this in Darwen perchance? (the school I mean)

Was this in Darwen perchance? (the school I mean)

No, but I guess the penguins lived in the same convent/used the same lingo.

I went to an even worse place afterwards, where the most chilling phrase was:

" If you talk, gentlemen, you will be beaten!" I think the faux politeness added to the menace.

Anyway, I would do my time there again, just to get rid of Venky's... Offer it up LOL

I used to perform a song called Good Friday Blues about a guilty altar boy, who skips the Good Friday service to watch Rovers play Millwall at Ewood Park.

Was it a Bumley gig...?

• Backroom

Billy Connolly did a routine where he thought it was a guy named Woby who tied children up for bad behaviour.

'Woe betide the boy who goes to football instead of doing his homework!'

'Good on Woby, I say!'

This wasn't the Jack Walker Upper was it?

It's funny because it's true.

Looks like Mercer's reliable source is.... Erm! unreliable

Yeah I'd give your source some grief Mercer, you're back to square one now after doing so well.

Yeah I'd give your source some grief Mercer, you're back to square one now after doing so well.

Actually seeing her in a couple of hours time so will see what she has to say. All I will say is that sometimes in business things don't always go to plan.

The title of this thread is 'Why do Venky's continue to own us'.

That situation would change IF Venky's sold / surrendered either the whole or part of their interest in Rovers or there was an insolvency process. If any of these possibilities were to happen, there would be some sensitivities. That is why my postings of yesterday were couched as they were - not meant to be either 'a tease' or 'a nothing post'.

I was told something yesterday that led me to think there might be some interesting news today that aligned to the title of this thread 'Why do Venky's continue to own us'. We will have to see if this 'information' turns out to be correct or otherwise. Let's face it, speculation of when and how Venky's would exit Rovers has been rife for a little while now.

Is this anything to do with a onerovers tweet recently, about busy day at senior training?

Actually seeing her in a couple of hours time so will see what she has to say. All I will say is that sometimes in business things don't always go to plan.

Which is probably why saying I might know something but I might not isn't always a good idea :)

Dont Care

Dont care didnt care,

Dont care was wild:

Dont care stole plum and pear

Like any beggars child.

Dont care was made to care,

Dont care was hung:

Dont care was put in a pot

And boiled till he was done.

Whilst doing housework this morning this old nursery rhyme occurred to me

Has Mercerman docked with Gordon Brown's intergalactic web thingy today. Or was he stood up by the woman last night. Did he make it to Lulu's and drank to much Blue Nun, stay tuned all will be revealed !

At least Mercer will be getting a free meal at the Northcote. Enjoy, Merce.

I am not counting on it just yet!

It's never over until the fat lady sings.

Nothing more to add, at this stage.

Archived