BRFCS

BY THE FANS, FOR THE FANS
SINCE 1996
Proudly partnered with TheTerraceStore.com

[Archived] Why Do Venky's Continue To Own Us?

Amo

Either:

1) Pride, saving face, etc.

2) We're a drop in the ocean and they can't be bothered going through the hassle of selling us.

3) We're a drop in the ocean and they hope to eventually promote us on the cheap and either sell us as a Premier League team or reap the financial rewards of promotion.

4) Dodgy conspiracy theory stuff they want kept under lock and key.

Can't really think of any other reasons. They could just be insane and/or incredibly stupid. Let's hope not.

I don't buy 1, 2 and it's certainly not 3.

Nothing they've ever done gives any reason for any of those explanations.

• Replies 242
  • Created
  • Last Reply

They're hiding something, absolutely no doubt about that, you only need look at the decision making, its so 'left field' that it makes no sense and if it makes no sense........

We know a certain journalist went after them but couldn't find the final piece of the jigsaw, others are still looking hard for that final piece.

We'll find out one day, I just hope it ends up in the courts and someone takes a fall for it.

Truth is probably that they don't know how to get rid of us so they just don't think about us at all except once a year at their business agm where it has to come up on the agenda so they mention us in passing and move on to more interesting things

I'd go along with that.

Quite simply put I don't think they give Rovers a 2nd thought. Kind of like most (or maybe even all) of us here don't think so much about The Tiddlywinks Championship (though some might now :tu: )

Wonder if it's any coincidence they seemed to go to ground after their advisors, investors business partners got raided in Switzerland. Maybe something spooked them :o

Also after that little escapade money seemed to stop coming in the clubs direction meaning it's been self sufficient so far from selling players. Hm......

Pride and saving face.

I've a number of Indian friends - all nothing to do with Vs I hasten to add and really good people. And all of them when informed of the facts about Rovers say culturally they cannot be seen to lose face. Hence why we're stuck with them.

sooner or later the game has to be up.

we're a financial colander. There's no love affair with football or reflected glory going on here. a lot of financial pain though.

no same individual or organisation would buy such a basket case outfit.

either they'll cling onto us or they'll shut us down and hope all the bad stuff gets buried.

if the bank of India get moody then it's game over I think.

something tells me they'll be gone on eighteen months, and the club as we know it may also go with them

Pride and saving face.

I've a number of Indian friends - all nothing to do with Vs I hasten to add and really good people. And all of them when informed of the facts about Rovers say culturally they cannot be seen to lose face. Hence why we're stuck with them.

Absolutely - pride hubris call it what you will - there is definitely a cultural angle compounded by an element of being in the vanguard of Indian Premier League (as it was) club ownership

Whatever their game plan started out as I don't know but I reckon I know their game plan now. Keep pissing off the remaining fans until we're down to about 4 or 5 thousand and then pull the plug. Everybody who cares will be too sickened to mount much of a protest by then.

They walk away into the sunset after selling every bit of the Club they can. About this time next year is my timescale.

sooner or later the game has to be up.

we're a financial colander. There's no love affair with football or reflected glory going on here. a lot of financial pain though.

no same individual or organisation would buy such a basket case outfit.

either they'll cling onto us or they'll shut us down and hope all the bad stuff gets buried.

if the bank of India get moody then it's game over I think.

something tells me they'll be gone on eighteen months, and the club as we know it may also go with them

Absolutely Bryan :tu:

Just take exception to the last bit, we'll survive, we just need rid of these idiots and the recovery starts.

• Backroom

I think they would sell but would have to make a profit so could Lord it up and claim it as a success.

Nobody will pay them that but I agree the trust and investors should at this point make a public offer to buy the club or a large part of it

I think they would sell but would have to make a profit so could Lord it up and claim it as a success.

Nobody will pay them that but I agree the trust and investors should at this point make a public offer to buy the club or a large part of it

Do the trust have investors?

At present Venkys would have to walk away selling the club at £1 AND taking the £100m VLL debt with them, my guess is they don't have the capital to take the hit on that debt, so are holding on in the hope of being bought out, or lucking it out and getting promoted in order to attract new buyers.

At present Venkys would have to walk away selling the club at £1 AND taking the £100m VLL debt with them, my guess is they don't have the capital to take the hit on that debt, so are holding on in the hope of being bought out, or lucking it out and getting promoted in order to attract new buyers.

Lambert leaving has put a rather final nail in any realistic promotion hopes.

I think this summer will be the end game for Venkys. What it is - try and sell the assets, or walkaway taking the huge losss on the nose, it will be interesting to see.

They obviously don't have an equivalent adage to, 'when you are in a hole, stop digging' in India.

Truth is probably that they don't know how to get rid of us so they just don't think about us at all except once a year at their business agm where it has to come up on the agenda so they mention us in passing and move on to more interesting things

Mr Bank of India...

"..... and finally, agenda item 83. That silly football club again. Why Balaji bought it I'll never know, ha ha ha. Sorry to have to bring it up. Shall we Madame or if you'd rather leave it to next time?

Of course, not a problem, see you all in three months. But I do think at some stage in the next 20 years we might have to write that one off as a little mistake."

Archived