BRFCS

BY THE FANS, FOR THE FANS
SINCE 1996
Proudly partnered with TheTerraceStore.com

[Archived] Monday: New Manager And Other Stuff

• Replies 235
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Boxes of chocolate come with instructions...!

Much like the incoming manager I suppose Stu.

Don't ask for money

Don't question our authority

Don't ask for new backroom staff

Don't worry about what the fans think

Don't express discontent

Don't think we won't fire you if we wake up and feel like a change of direction.

Whoever gets the poison chalice. Good luck. You better hope miracles aren't confined to the east Midlands.

Boxes of chocolate come with instructions...!

no you lost me its just a joke not very funny granted,but new to this forum I seem to go against the grain where im looking forward to a new manager new players and hope,did not like paul lambert and how he @#/? stired,he thought he was the new fergie.when it did not go is way blame everyone but himself,how many other managers will get 20 million in that league next season

no you lost me its just a joke not very funny granted,but new to this forum I seem to go against the grain where im looking forward to a new manager new players and hope,did not like paul lambert and how he @#/? stired,he thought he was the new fergie.when it did not go is way blame everyone but himself,how many other managers will get 20 million in that league next season

Good luck mate. I certainly won't be agreeing with you anytime soon.

And how do we know he actually asked for 20 million? Or that he really expected to get it? He had every right to expect some backing as he wasn't really allowed to spend in Jan as we were newly out of FFP. No doubt if they'd given him a clear idea of a budget to work to he'd have got on with it. The chief problem is that our owners told him absolutely nothing. They wouldn't talk to him at all. He could have asked for 5 million or 50. He wouldn't have a clue whether he was getting it because Venky's ignore you. They are rude and disrespectful in the extreme.

New manager new players new hope under these jokers that equates to no hope

In normal circumstances I think it's fair to say anything new brings about a feeling of hope. But it's also fair to say anything new under this regime has the hope and excitement stripped away before its even been confirmed. I was one of those who thought Lambert didn't do as well as he should. But he was the best we've had since Allardyce. Like Sam, it's wise to play the percentages. And Lambert, despite his over par performance, was probably our best shot at getting back to the promised land. When you consider past appointments I think that's fair to say. When we watch that hope walk out the door along with another senior management figure, I think it's understandable for people to have the occasional twitch of the anus. Good luck to you if you feel hope about this next appointment. I wish I could.

It only makes sense to unveil the new manager and season ticket prices at the same time if they are confident that the new man is going to be a popular or exciting appointment that will get people to overlook the Lambert debacle and give reason to be optimistic for next season.

I have to say that looking at the names thrown around on here and on the betting lists, none of those people are of a good enough standard to do that.

If the plan is to announce someone like Paul Jewell as the new manager and then seriously expect people to get their chequebooks out to renew their season tickets I think that is a serious misjudgment. The appointment of someone like Jewell will be mostly met with complete derision by the majority of fans. It would make sense to keep season tickets off the agenda until the dust has settled if we're going down that route.

I don't think there will be any announcement on a new manager on Monday. If there is going to be then we can safely exclude those currently in work as their clubs would have announced an approach by now. So no Keith Hill, Karl Robinson, Alan Stubbs etc. Which is surely a good thing.

The fact that we're still here after the end of the season and still don't know when or how much season tickets will cost next season is nothing short of scandalous. Its completely unprofessional whilst the vast majority of other clubs have been busy selling tickets for months. Its very simple - reduce the window of sales and you are probably reducing the number of buyers. Now people will get out of football mode for the summer and it will be even more difficult to persuade some to return next season. Its a lot easier when you can advertise new tickets around the ground, on the screen, in the programmes and sell them with everyone turning up to Ewood than it is to sell them all by post or online in the summer period.

The Green triangles are there. We know what those are and we can spot the toffee pennies and the chocolate toffee sticks. I found a caramel cup and an orange cream without too muchhassle

That's the best news I've heard in ages I thought they'd gone lol Toffee pennies out though for sure, I like my fillings where they are !

And how do we know he actually asked for 20 million? Or that he really expected to get it? He had every right to expect some backing as he wasn't really allowed to spend in Jan as we were newly out of FFP. No doubt if they'd given him a clear idea of a budget to work to he'd have got on with it. The chief problem is that our owners told him absolutely nothing. They wouldn't talk to him at all. He could have asked for 5 million or 50. He wouldn't have a clue whether he was getting it because Venky's ignore you. They are rude and disrespectful in the extreme.

how much do you think the january window cost rovers loan fees agants fees and wages for 7 players bennet and ward cost 750,000 wages for graham and gomez 75,000 per week

how much do you think the january window cost rovers loan fees agants fees and wages for 7 players bennet and ward cost 750,000 wages for graham and gomez 75,000 per week

If they didn't expect to spend this sort of money then why did they buy a bloody football club!?!?! If they don't like it then look to sell it.

:lol: :lol: :lol:

Archived