BRFCS

BY THE FANS, FOR THE FANS
SINCE 1996
Proudly partnered with TheTerraceStore.com

[Archived] Boycott

"Look into my eyes, look into my eyes, the eyes, the eyes, not around the eyes, don't look around my eyes, look into my eyes...........you're under."

"Venkys have not been selling all the best players and ignoring every aspect of running the club, it's the fans fault.......Three, two, one... You're back in the room."

• Replies 664
  • Created
  • Last Reply

And yet the LT asked for fans views via twitter

In less than 24 hours they got 138 responses that they have printed(some will have been unprintable!)

Conclusions:

-no real 'Rovers Fans'...all realistic and mainly pessimistic

-universal scorn for how the Club is being run

-no real hope for Koyley

-avoiding relegation would be an achievement

-playing squad is weak and depends on U-21s coming thru.

Generally whilst un-vitriolic the 138 are saying that until our Club is run properly there is no real hope.

My Conclusion is that we as a fanbase are still committed and relatively United.

And yet the LT asked for fans views via twitterIn less than 24 hours they got 138 responses that they have printed(some will have been unprintable!)Conclusions:-no real 'Rovers Fans'...all realistic and mainly pessimistic-universal scorn for how the Club is being run-no real hope for Koyley-avoiding relegation would be an achievement-playing squad is weak and depends on U-21s coming thru.Generally whilst un-vitriolic the 138 are saying that until our Club is run properly there is no real hope.My Conclusion is that we as a fanbase are still committed and relatively United.

I am surprised it is so positive.

Stuart, I feel really sorry for you and everyone else who are close to Rovers. In no matter do I try to insult my fellow supporters.

The fact is my other Club is in turmoil as well, but I have knowledge from the inside of the Club ( Board room ) how extremely difficult it is to run a football club. How small margins there are between success and failure. All the big Clubs struggling ( who have a lot more potential than us ) are a proof of this. Look at Dave Whelan who was in big regards among Rovers supporters. Look at Wigan.

It also comes down to personality. Even when my wife left me I tried to see the positives ( potential New girlfrield, easier job situation etc ).

If we continue to see only negatives we wont move forward.

Stuart, I feel really sorry for you and everyone else who are close to Rovers. In no matter do I try to insult my fellow supporters.

The fact is my other Club is in turmoil as well, but I have knowledge from the inside of the Club ( Board room ) how extremely difficult it is to run a football club. How small margins there are between success and failure. All the big Clubs struggling ( who have a lot more potential than us ) are a proof of this. Look at Dave Whelan who was in big regards among Rovers supporters. Look at Wigan.

It also comes down to personality. Even when my wife left me I tried to see the positives ( potential New girlfrield, easier job situation etc ).

Several clubs who get smaller averages than us have out performed us in the Championship. When it's run like a circus crowds mean nothing, look at Leeds.

The owners continue to create debt by paying off managers and coaching staff yet expect crowds to turn up and pay for it ?

Most Clubs do

Which backs my point up that crowds don't make much difference because the big money is always from transfers out or tv revenue.

Also contradicts MIkeCliffords dig.

Had the potential new girlfriend, or the wife, or both :blink: been sat on the photocopier???

The difference is that your other club wants to move forward. We can't move forward until we have different owners.

Looking at the positives or negatives makes not one bit of difference. The fans are going to say what they see... Our best players being sold, owners who do not engage, do not invest and who have no interest... If these things change then the fans focus would be more on positives.

Its that simple.

Had the potential new girlfriend been sat on the photocopier? or the wife?? or both??? :blink:

Don't get it :(

Neal and Den: Unfortunately yes, but I still love the Club and I still think we are hurting the Club more than necessary by not turning up.

Apologies Alexanders but there are very few positives any of us can take form club events at this time.

Most on here have been fans for years. We are not fair weather supporters. Many have supported when things were in theory much worse, with an ageing ground, poor training facilities, poor match-day squad, poor attendances and zero cash or genuine prospects.

But a few intangibles existed back then namely, pride, belief and honesty. It mattered not that we had no money, or we never got past the third round, or couldn't fill our stadium. Regardless, I was amongst the proudest fans in England and would defend our club to all and sundry.

We DON'T feel like this anymore. Nothing to do with racism, bigotry, or being overly negative. Just facing facts and dealing with the current circumstances as governed by the owners.

I have been going on the Rovers since I was 7/8. I am now 48. I saw the writing on the wall very early doors with this shower when Allardyce was potted. Banging my head against a brick wall ever since isn't going to help me or the club.

I will not go again until the owners leave. Many are saying similar, but I genuinely mean it.

It's never made a difference before though has it ? Ave of 20k + when they arrived and sales began almost immediately.

Only for players we could only dream of being able to hold on to. Jones and samba. We lost hoilet because of relagation and upon religion broke not only our transfer record but for the league.

On the topic of boycots. It's down to the individual. I did not get a season ticket last year and only came to 3 home games all season.it was a decision I made but have decided to come back. I found the price of the jw lower centre too good value to ignore.

Something definitely does not smell right at the moment. But it's not the level of investment. 120m debt and counting is evidence of this. Right now with some player sales this will have come down to maybe 95m. i think we should be paying fees for some players.... All our investment seems to have been on high wages.. Obviously some bad choices in hindsight but how could anyone know.

Truth is we need to buy players to try and get out of this league (through promotion)

People on the internet - Facebook and Twitter - continue to miss the point. I've heard and read countless people over the last few days throwing in the towel on our future already. Newcastle spending fortunes, Villa signing McCormack, Norwich signing Pritchard. People are now saying that we've got no hope in future because we can't ever hope to compete with these clubs financially.

The trouble is that these people are missing the point completely. It doesn't matter how much money Rovers spend or how much our rivals spend. It doesn't matter whether FFP rules are going to be enforced or not. This club is not set up to be successful at any level. Ownership, board, staff, coaching, corporate, commercial. It has been systematically dismantled and neglected for 5 years running. Money becomes irrelevant when a club is operating in this way. QPR and Fulham are much milder examples of clubs who have spent big and failed miserably.

We once had a budget like Norwich and Villa have now, and thanks to the people running this club we wasted it. We can only hope that these other clubs waste their money and end up without parachute money like we are now.

Of course there is also an alternative. Instead of groaning and moaning about our financial state whilst others have millions to spend, how about we reinvest a fraction of the £26 million we've received in the last 12 months? Venkys have presumably decided they aren't going to, which is their decision, but other clubs in our situation would have reinvested.

Wolves had no money and no parachute payments and have attracted a foreign owner with big ambitions. There's no reason in future why we couldn't do the same, provided we are a Championship club one step from the Premier League. In League One we can forget it.

It really does irritate me that some people continue to focus their attention on things like FFP and poor little Rovers never being able to compete again and being destined to an eternity outside the top flight. Its not right. The reason we're in this state is because of the way this club has been run for 5 years, and until we're run properly then things like FFP are sideline issues.

The likes of Palace, Burnley and Watford didn't need parachute money. They didn't need billionaire owners. They didn't need £12 million signings. They didn't need 20,000 a week turning up. They got their houses in order and did their business properly and are reaping the rewards. There's absolutely no reason why once we're rid of these lowlife individuals that we can't replicate their success.

Neal and Den: Unfortunately yes, but I still love the Club and I still think we are hurting the Club more than necessary by not turning up.

Nah mate, can't agree with that whatsoever. Turning up is just condoning what they're doing to "us". The owners and fans are pulling in different directions. That has to change - and its them that have to change.

Don't get it :(

Depends on what you see is necessary. I feel its necessary to take some sort of moral stand and not pay into the club whilst these owners are present. Make no mistake about it, these people are treating every single Rovers supporter and those that built the club like dirt, like we absolutely do not matter and are completely beneath them... I cannot stomach my money paying into the club whilst these people treat me like that, I'm just bloody not having it. It's not me thats hurting the club from not attending, it's their attitudes and general disrespect that prevents me to go, if they had an ounce of decency they'd sell or engage for the benefit of every Rovers fan and the club.

Only for players we could only dream of being able to hold on to. Jones and samba. We lost hoilet because of relagation and upon religion broke not only our transfer record but for the league.

On the topic of boycots. It's down to the individual. I did not get a season ticket last year and only came to 3 home games all season.it was a decision I made but have decided to come back. I found the price of the jw lower centre too good value to ignore.

Something definitely does not smell right at the moment. But it's not the level of investment. 120m debt and counting is evidence of this. Right now with some player sales this will have come down to maybe 95m. i think we should be paying fees for some players.... All our investment seems to have been on high wages.. Obviously some bad choices in hindsight but how could anyone know.

Truth is we need to buy players to try and get out of this league (through promotion)

This is not investment, it's asset-stripping to pay for their blunders(or worse).

Apologies Alexanders but there are very few positives any of us can take form club events at this time.

Most on here have been fans for years. We are not fair weather supporters. Many have supported when things were in theory much worse, with an ageing ground, poor training facilities, poor match-day squad, poor attendances and zero cash or genuine prospects.

But a few intangibles existed back then namely, pride, belief and honesty. It mattered not that we had no money, or we never got past the third round, or couldn't fill our stadium. Regardless, I was amongst the proudest fans in England and would defend our club to all and sundry.

We DON'T feel like this anymore. Nothing to do with racism, bigotry, or being overly negative. Just facing facts and dealing with the current circumstances as governed by the owners.

I have been going on the Rovers since I was 7/8. I am now 48. I saw the writing on the wall very early doors with this shower when Allardyce was potted. Banging my head against a brick wall ever since isn't going to help me or the club.

I will not go again until the owners leave. Many are saying similar, but I genuinely mean it.

Alexanders, I do see where you are coming from but this is different. This is very personal, this is how the V's ownership impacts on individuals. The team I have watched for 50 years is no longer my team. Rovers has been raped and pillaged by incompetent owners and greedy tit suckers.

It actually makes me feel sick to go done to the ground, I used to get such an adrenaline rush every time I drove or walked down Livesey Branch Road , turned the bend and saw Ewood regardless of whether there was a match or not. When I see the place now I just think about those gormless V ejits and how they have buggered up my love of Blackburn Rovers. I cannot bring myself to go down to that desolate, soulless stadium anymore.....it is like a funeral wake - I don't want to be there.

Thank you very much for all your good responses and I am thankful that my posts are met With respect even though we are disagreeing on part of the picture

I am very sorry that it has come to this for so many of Our proud supporters.

How is it that you feel that this is not longer your team PB?

It is still:
- Ewood Park

- Blue and white halves

- Crest and arte et labore

- Young upcoming local lads hoping to one day put on the blue and white halves

- Academy status

- Blues Bar

I mean; Owners, CEO, Board et al come and go ( Leeds supporters are very well of that ), but the Clubs remain. The Club in itself is bigger than these morons. The players out there on the Field have not done anything wrong - they deserve Our support and the staff surrouding Rovers have not done anything wrong either.

You probably have a higher knowledge about Rovers than me, but a lot of what we are Reading / hearing is these days is based upon different opinions and assumptions.

Samba was flogged to pay Barclays FACT !

Thank you very much for all your good responses and I am thankful that my posts are met With respect even though we are disagreeing on part of the picture

It is still:

- Ewood Park

- Blue and white halves

- Academy status

- Blues Bar

I mean; Owners, CEO, Board et al come and go ( Leeds supporters are very well of that ), but the Clubs remain. The Club in itself is bigger than these morons. The players out there on the Field have not done anything wrong - they deserve Our support and the staff surrouding Rovers have not done anything wrong either.

You probably have a higher knowledge about Rovers than me, but a lot of what we are Reading / hearing is these days is based upon different opinions and assumptions.

Owners come and go? Not in Rovers' history they don't.

Some had a line in the sand that has been crossed. Some haven't. Such is life. But to put it in the terms you have is far too simplistic. Maybe you are protected by your remoteness to the epicentre?

It is still:

- Ewood Park

- Blue and white halves

- Academy status

- Blues Bar

It is not about higher knowledge Alexander's, and I have no issue with you wishing to ask and challenge my good friend.

Much of what you refer to (except the Academy) are symbolic. What I am talking about are the subjective matters such as culture, integrity, hope, vision and future; those things that really matter in life.

People on the internet - Facebook and Twitter - continue to miss the point. I've heard and read countless people over the last few days throwing in the towel on our future already. Newcastle spending fortunes, Villa signing McCormack, Norwich signing Pritchard. People are now saying that we've got no hope in future because we can't ever hope to compete with these clubs financially.

The trouble is that these people are missing the point completely. It doesn't matter how much money Rovers spend or how much our rivals spend. It doesn't matter whether FFP rules are going to be enforced or not. This club is not set up to be successful at any level. Ownership, board, staff, coaching, corporate, commercial. It has been systematically dismantled and neglected for 5 years running. Money becomes irrelevant when a club is operating in this way. QPR and Fulham are much milder examples of clubs who have spent big and failed miserably.

We once had a budget like Norwich and Villa have now, and thanks to the people running this club we wasted it. We can only hope that these other clubs waste their money and end up without parachute money like we are now.

Of course there is also an alternative. Instead of groaning and moaning about our financial state whilst others have millions to spend, how about we reinvest a fraction of the £26 million we've received in the last 12 months? Venkys have presumably decided they aren't going to, which is their decision, but other clubs in our situation would have reinvested.

Wolves had no money and no parachute payments and have attracted a foreign owner with big ambitions. There's no reason in future why we couldn't do the same, provided we are a Championship club one step from the Premier League. In League One we can forget it.

It really does irritate me that some people continue to focus their attention on things like FFP and poor little Rovers never being able to compete again and being destined to an eternity outside the top flight. Its not right. The reason we're in this state is because of the way this club has been run for 5 years, and until we're run properly then things like FFP are sideline issues.

The likes of Palace, Burnley and Watford didn't need parachute money. They didn't need billionaire owners. They didn't need £12 million signings. They didn't need 20,000 a week turning up. They got their houses in order and did their business properly and are reaping the rewards. There's absolutely no reason why once we're rid of these lowlife individuals that we can't replicate their success.

Absobloodylutely. Well said.

The first season Burnley went up under Dyche they were getting 10k early on and booing em off. No outcry about bad fans there and if they'd been on the same journey as us in the last 6 years they'd be getting about 7 thousand now.

Bolton will take more away next season than they did in the champ when fighting relegation and will get similar home turn outs a league below where they where. Why ? Because they've got something to rally behind for the time being at least.

PNE often got less home fans turning out last season in their first time back at that level for years than they did chasing promotion from league 1.

Fans are fans and every few years you need something to restoke the fire but a constant downward trajectory that could have been addressed 5 times over will eventually only lead to the towel going in for a lot.

Archived