BRFCS

BY THE FANS, FOR THE FANS
SINCE 1996
Proudly partnered with TheTerraceStore.com

[Archived] Boycott

Sad to see people falling out even more than before. It will get worse before the season is up.

This is what venkys have done to us.

I think relegation is inevitable and it will have nothing to do with the fans.

In the nightmare scenario of venkys never leaving I think we after destined to drop into the fourth tier and perhaps even lower.

Certainly they've taken all of the fun out of following Rovers.

• Replies 664
  • Created
  • Last Reply

The problem with that Arbitro is that if we had a team that was so bad that they were bottom of the league all season and got relegated, who would even take their players on a free. You would have to offload them to someone who was really desperate for numbers.

Look at Bolton last season for example. Who would be desperate enough to take one of their players?

That was my point. The debt will grow as we will have players on good money and decent length contracts hence my comparison to Best, Etuhu and Murphy.

I find it hard to see what rovers offer to venkys,premier League rovers yes but s struggling championship team no.I honestly think the losses must be offset somewhere,I think the only way a boycott would work if there was a total walk out on 18 mins,the fans not leaving the ground but watching from the concourse and then returning on mass on the 75th minute,might stare a few reporters.

The problem with that Neal is that you can sink to a point where it becomes very difficult to come back. I remember talking to John Williams many years ago on one of the European trips and he said then that relegation from the Premier League would make life very difficult for the club and that it would be extremely tough to get back to the top flight. That was years ago. Relegation to League One may well put the club in a perilous position. Many supporters who are staying away now will not return if we drop into League One or League Two. It will be like the 70s and 80s again where former Rovers fans started travelling to Manchester and Liverpool to watch top flight football. Maintaining Championship football, whilst it's going to be difficult is, in my view, imperative if this club is to have a future that might, at some point, attract a buyer with sufficient funds to persuade the present lot to sell.

Some fair points there Parson. Best case scenario would be to be under new ownership in the Championship but as I say, apparently they are still happy to he here. To me, it doesnt matter what standard we play at, I just want the fans at board room level. Burton Albion have managed to get to the Championship by spending no more that £20,000 on a single player, it just shows what people that care can achieve and there are plenty of people who care who would take a large share of Rovers given the chance.

Fate did me a favour yesterday for once as I cracked in the morning and went online to buy a ticket. Once finally logged in at 10.45 am I found no tickets available to buy online for yesterdays match, I'm sure they used to sell them on there till about 12 o'clock. Typical of the shambles these days.

Anyway after mulling over just going down an buying one I thought no balls to it and went to B&Q to buy weedkiller instead. Sounds like it was more fun !

Fate did me a favour yesterday for once as I cracked in the morning and went online to buy a ticket. Once finally logged in at 10.45 am I found no tickets available to buy online for yesterdays match, I'm sure they used to sell them on there till about 12 o'clock. Typical of the shambles these days.

Anyway after mulling over just going down an buying one I thought no balls to it and went to B&Q to buy weedkiller instead. Sounds like it was more fun !

You should have picked up some plywood, popped down to Ewood and boarded up, one of the goals. Much more effective than weedkiller.

You should have picked up some plywood, popped down to Ewood and boarded up, one of the goals. Much more effective than weedkiller.

Better still make a plywood box and nail clownpants in it for the next nine months !

I thought no balls to it and went to B&Q to buy weedkiller instead.

If you decide to go again, sneak some in and spray it near the executive seats... It might get rid of Mike Cheston.

What evidence is there that the owners would leave if we are relegated? In many ways they are more likely to stay as the outgoings can be drastically reduced and it will become easier for the club to wipe it's own face the lower down the divisions we go.

Nobody actually takes any notice of it though Shaun. Everybody who has renewed will have done so knowing that the Premier League pledge is not worth the paper it was written on.

Cmon Parson, if we got relegated, Venkys would probably not know about it, until somebody actually told them.

So yeh, what the hell, might as well hope we can survive another season.

So wait, let me get this right, on match day at Ewood, we cant get those who have walked away, to stand outside of Ewood with Venkys out banners etc, singing songs, having a sit down outside the ground? Cmon guys, if you walked away, get back in there and protest. Im sure we can get more than a few hundred to at least do something?

Changing my plans to get to the Fulham,QPR and Rotherham games....this is when we need to be there in order to voice our displeasure and sheer frustration.

The Boycotters need to be outside the Ground and not sat on their lap-tops!

Changing my plans to get to the Fulham,QPR and Rotherham games....this is when we need to be there in order to voice our displeasure and sheer frustration.

Check my idea in the Protest ideas thread

I might go to the Fulham match then.

It's bad it is really bad, I feel right now like a Judas, I really don't care if we lose, in fact I know it sounds terrible but I almost want us to lose just to stick it to Venkys. To me it feels like the Kean days where lots of people wanted us to lose just to get rid of him, I sort of hope that losing match after match will force their hand and the nightmare will be over.

What a terrible fan I am...geeeeez what has it come to.

I might go to the Fulham match then.

It's bad it is really bad, I feel right now like a Judas, I really don't care if we lose, in fact I know it sounds terrible but I almost want us to lose just to stick it to Venkys. To me it feels like the Kean days where lots of people wanted us to lose just to get rid of him, I sort of hope that losing match after match will force their hand and the nightmare will be over.

What a terrible fan I am...geeeeez what has it come to.

Anyone going... then your killing the club. Simple.

Supporting and financially contributing to the continued downfall.

Support a local team like Chorley etc.

I think people who go or don't go should respect each others decisions as it's of absolutely no consequence either way. Ewood could be completely empty and they'd carry on as if everything was going swimmingly. With or without fans in the stadium Venkys are going to carry on wrecking the club to the bitter end.

Don't tell me I am killing the club I have been going since I was 7 in 1987 I have been brought up a rover and I will always be a rover. I have a 2 year old boy who will also be a rover no matter what I am not bringing my son up to support another team. Yeah Venkys have ripped the soul out of it but I will still be there and I want my son to be there hopefully his kids after that when they have gone.

Archived