BRFCS

BY THE FANS, FOR THE FANS
SINCE 1996
Proudly partnered with TheTerraceStore.com

[Archived] Boycott

• Replies 664
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Two more years of pain then they'll be gone. August 2018, we'll be lining up against Leyton Orient and Hartlepool in front of three and a half thousand in League Two. No corporate customers left, the restaurants will be closed, Blackburn End Upper closed, Darwen End Upper closed and Riverside closed. No status left for the idiots in Pune to brag about, so they will look to offload us. May as well sculpt some tears on Jack's statue. He's been let down big and proper.

I think people who go or don't go should respect each others decisions as it's of absolutely no consequence either way. Ewood could be completely empty and they'd carry on as if everything was going swimmingly. With or without fans in the stadium Venkys are going to carry on wrecking the club to the bitter end.

Boothy whilst i appreciate where your coming from we need to take a united stance, allot of the people there on saturday are the ones who have sat there and not said a word for five years. No fans in the ground, take a picture or don't put it on sky either way a picture or action against tells a thousand words, sitting in silence doesn't. Christ not you but you'd think there would be a Samaritan helpline for abuse given how quiet some fans have been, just read the LET for the blinkered happy clap comments.

Don't tell me I am killing the club I have been going since I was 7 in 1987 I have been brought up a rover and I will always be a rover. I have a 2 year old boy who will also be a rover no matter what I am not bringing my son up to support another team. Yeah Venkys have ripped the soul out of it but I will still be there and I want my son to be there hopefully his kids after that when they have gone.

We were all brought up as Rovers fans otherwise we wouldn't be supporters of the club. What's you or your son going to enjoy this season exactly other than the quality family time which admittedly is a nice thing?

Do Chorley have an MB you could contribute these little gems to?

They are not my local team but i'd imagine so. Interesting to note a few ex sth's have recently gone to watch them.

The LT message board is stuffed with false propaganda it's obvious. Yep there are a few blinkered and a few clappers, there are on here and a few other social media things but the majority seem to feel the same way regardless of whether they are boycotting or not.

A lot of the crap on there comes from inside the LT itself doing someone a favour or some hired PR firm I'm certain.

The LT message board is stuffed with false propaganda it's obvious. Yep there are a few blinkered and a few clappers, there are on here and a few other social media things but the majority seem to feel the same way regardless of whether they are boycotting or not.

A lot of the crap on there comes from inside the LT itself doing someone a favour or some hired PR firm I'm certain.

There can be no other way, i'm sure whilst Rovers Fans exist there is someone sat behind a computer creating usernames and posting PR drivel.

Boothy whilst i appreciate where your coming from we need to take a united stance, allot of the people there on saturday are the ones who have sat there and not said a word for five years. No fans in the ground, take a picture or don't put it on sky either way a picture or action against tells a thousand words, sitting in silence doesn't. Christ not you but you'd think there would be a Samaritan helpline for abuse given how quiet some fans have been, just read the LET for the blinkered happy clap comments.

I looked around me on Saturday and saw people laughing and joking when we were 4-0 down. I saw families sat there with their under 10 year old kids. I saw pensioners who probably go out of habit, or perhaps because if they didn't have Rovers they'd have nothing to do every other Saturday. Getting zero people in the ground is never going to happen, the only time it'll happen is when Venkys finally close the doors.

Damned if you do and damned if you don't I firmly believe. I did stay away for a while, but now I see little point.

Two more years of pain then they'll be gone. August 2018, we'll be lining up against Leyton Orient and Hartlepool in front of three and a half thousand in League Two.

If they've gone, I'd expect a lot more than 3.5K on, it would be party time

Anyone going... then your killing the club. Simple.

Supporting and financially contributing to the continued downfall.

Support a local team like Chorley etc.

As a boycotter I would like to distance myself from the above comment. The only people killing this club are Venkys.

I think it's time for me to say this. My comment isn't aimed at anyone individual or this post, it's just the post which finally stops me keeping quiet.

I'm very, very tired of the comments directed towards fans who continue to attend games. Taking the above post purely as an example because there are numerous examples, too many to count, to suggest going to games is killing the club is deeply offensive.

I don't question the intentions of those who chose not to go. I don't tell them they are no longer supporters. I don't suggest withdrawing their vocal or financial support is damaging the club. I simply leave the boycotters to act as they wish.

As a supposed " Rovers Fan" there are two conclusions I've reached over the last few months. It's worth saying I was one of the very few who spoke out against Venkys from the early days only to receive much criticism from some of today's most vocal anti-Venky posters.

Some boycotters speak of a divided fan base and the need to unite the fan base. Regardless of people's stance until recently I've felt a part of the Rovers fan base. In recent weeks though I've come to realise it's these fans who are alienating me from a section of our support. By all means boycott but don't tell me and others who still attend we are "Rovers Fans" and all that implies. By doing so you are driving a wedge in to the support and widening the very divide you rail against. Attending Ewood does not mean I or thousands of others are blind to or support Venkys actions. Continue to insult us for attending Ewood and you wound the fan base in a way which will take a very long time to heal.

My second point is this. Some boycotters have set themselves above those of us who continue to go to Ewood. Many boycotters tell us "something needs to be done." My question is then when are you going to organise this "something?" As far as I know there has yet to be a demonstration against the Venkys organised by boycotters. Those who boycott and tell us something must be done are clearly passionate about Rovers, could find the time to watch the team, so why do those fans apparently not have time to demonstrate or take some other action?

It's very true something needs to happen but until those calling for action initiate this action, demonstration or whatever it is impossible to know whether or not "Rovers Fans" would support it. Speaking personally I would support and attend any legal matchday action.

However if boycotters who chose to insult those who go to matches want support from those same fans it might be a sensible idea to first stop insulting us and questioning our intelligence and motivation.

I think it's time for me to say this. My comment isn't aimed at anyone individual or this post, it's just the post which finally stops me keeping quiet.

I'm very, very tired of the comments directed towards fans who continue to attend games. Taking the above post purely as an example because there are numerous examples, too many to count, to suggest going to games is killing the club is deeply offensive.

I don't question the intentions of those who chose not to go. I don't tell them they are no longer supporters. I don't suggest withdrawing their vocal or financial support is damaging the club. I simply leave the boycotters to act as they wish.

As a supposed " Rovers Fan" there are two conclusions I've reached over the last few months. It's worth saying I was one of the very few who spoke out against Venkys from the early days only to receive much criticism from some of today's most vocal anti-Venky posters.

Some boycotters speak of a divided fan base and the need to unite the fan base. Regardless of people's stance until recently I've felt a part of the Rovers fan base. In recent weeks though I've come to realise it's these fans who are alienating me from a section of our support. By all means boycott but don't tell me and others who still attend we are "Rovers Fans" and all that implies. By doing so you are driving a wedge in to the support and widening the very divide you rail against. Attending Ewood does not mean I or thousands of others are blind to or support Venkys actions. Continue to insult us for attending Ewood and you wound the fan base in a way which will take a very long time to heal.

My second point is this. Some boycotters have set themselves above those of us who continue to go to Ewood. Many boycotters tell us "something needs to be done." My question is then when are you going to organise this "something?" As far as I know there has yet to be a demonstration against the Venkys organised by boycotters. Those who boycott and tell us something must be done are clearly passionate about Rovers, could find the time to watch the team, so why do those fans apparently not have time to demonstrate or take some other action?

It's very true something needs to happen but until those calling for action initiate this action, demonstration or whatever it is impossible to know whether or not "Rovers Fans" would support it. Speaking personally I would support and attend any legal matchday action.

However if boycotters who chose to insult those who go to matches want support from those same fans it might be a sensible idea to first stop insulting us and questioning our intelligence and motivation.

Reasonable post +1

If they've gone, I'd expect a lot more than 3.5K on, it would be party time

Hopefully there would be. I was trying to paint a picture of what it would be like two years down the line, a picture that would make Venky's feel enough was enough and then do one.

If we were then to have some success in League Two, there's no reason why gates couldn't creep back up to the 10k mark, which is, I think, what the piggies got when they went up from the old Div 4.

Wrong tho. the only people killing this club are Venkys not Fans are attend the games. Your comment above just keep divided the fan base instead of unite us.

Still havent seen the Boycott group come up with plan to protest against the owners? Do you have one that would non boycott supporter join in?

I dont want to support another team thanks cos I am Blackburn Rovers fan not a Chorley fc fan

I honestly haven't read too many posts where fans have been telling others to go or not to go. There have been the odd errant posts accusing fans of hurting the club by buying season tickets or boycotting. Generally the majority respect each others standpoint on the whole mess and agree that the real enemy here are sat in their opulence several thousand miles away.

And there is no 'boycotters group' but individuals who are doing what they believe is the right thing to do.

It's a personal decision to go or not as football is a hobby, past time, part of the leisure industry, social thing etc etc

But one thing I noticed on Saturday the effect on local businesses around Ewood.. They were dead so not only have venkys killed the club local business is hurting as well

I think that 95% of fans feel the same way about the current position. Its just how to express their sheer frustration they differ about.

Would like to think there will still be a substantial base of supporters (mostly invisible now) when this is all over?

Any views on what BRAG is doing at the moment? Are they planning or meeting at all?

Pretty good post that Paul... As i said before, im anti Venkys, but i really cant say or do much because it would be unfair as im an overseas fan.

However, i did suggest that the boycotters not walk away, but to possibly arrange something or do something. Those who want to attend fair enough, but those who are walking away in silence, should honestly take a stand and hopefully if all goes well, return back to a happy Ewood.

Besides, i like the name i gave :)

Blue and White Knights United... New football team name

The very fact this post has 9 likes means I must be living in a parallel universe...

Having spent far to much time on here in recent months I couldn't disagree more with assertion that posters that are attending games are being targeted by posters that are not, in my opinion thats simply not true, divisive and frankly uncalled for.

Being both seasoned posters you learn to roll with the punches, not take things to seriously, and posters that court controversy on this very subject are usually the ones that nip in throw a hand grade and sod off for weeks, we can all see through them can't we?

The regular well respected posters have been very respectful of people attending or not attending in the main, thats why I feel that your claim simply isn't true.

As for "Something needs to be done" well we could argue about this all day long.....

We have The Trust that gets involved only when it suits, and we have BRAG, a group born out of protest that doesn't protest any longer. These are 2 well established supporters groups, that could if they chose to lead some sort of protest against on the owners that are killing the club, but no its down to individuals on a messageboad in your option to get the ball rolling which to my mind is just a cop out, another reason to do nothing.

I honestly haven't read too many posts where fans have been telling others to go or not to go. There have been the odd errant posts accusing fans of hurting the club by buying season tickets or boycotting. Generally the majority respect each others standpoint on the whole mess and agree that the real enemy here are sat in their opulence several thousand miles away.

And there is no 'boycotters group' but individuals who are doing what they believe is the right thing to do.

Absolutely :tu:

There's set to be about 10k or less turn up this season but in the main just probably watch the games and maybe boo them off. I'd like to know how those with the view that the now boycotting section of the hardcore are contributing to our demise would feel if 12/13k did still turn up but a thousand of those came intent on protesting every match ?

Would they get a pat on the back for still turning up and paying their coin or would they get roundly criticised for making a toxic experience ?

We can't win either way.

I don't often post of here these days (don't all cheer at once) for many reasons, but still read. We, me and my son, have chosen not to renew our season tickets this year and decided just to attend away games as and when we can (bearing in mind he is 11, Cardiff away mid-week isn't really very appealing) and have picked our games upto Christmas that we'll attend all things being equal. I've read that we have only sold c.1200 tickets for Wigan and seen quite a few barbed comments from people who still go down to Ewood to the effect of 'thought all the boycotters were going to pack out the away games' and equally I've seen comments from people who don't go down to Ewood to the effect of 'not sure people why pay money to the corrupt owners'

It seems to me that this 'Rovers Fans v boycotters' for the want of a better phrase is playing right into the hands of those who wish to divide and rule and the frustration that ALL fans are feeling is spilling over into a 'them v us' approach on both sides of the divide. A very sorry state of affairs and one which I feel is only going to get worse with the inevitable slide towards League One continues. The club as a whole is in a tailspin, downward slide, call it whatever you will and until the fans can somehow come together I'm not sure I see an end to it.

I don't know what the solution is, however the longer this infighting amongst supporters continues the longer the road back will be.

Paul, as someone who was possibly the first person to protest when Kean and Venkys came in (a claim that can be backed up), has protested at every organised protest, is an avid supporter of boycotting and the starter of the thread I think I should jump in here...

I'm surprised it's taken you this long to feel disconnected from our fan base, I personally felt totally disconnected from our fan base when 1000's refused to turn up for the organised protests years ago. Only weeks ago there was a protest for 'fans united' with the Blackpool fans, I was maybe 1 of 10 Rovers fans to actually turn up. I stood outside Bloomfield Road, a few Rovers fans clapped my stance against Venkys and the F.A. many simply ignored and walked on one actually refused to shake my hand claiming "we'd be @#/? without them". There has been many times recently where I have asked myself "should I organise something?" but after Blackpool and studying our fans passion to protest against the owners It would be almost a waste of time. Those left at Ewood WANT to be at there and many of those (like Chaddy, not having a pop, just an example) do not feel a protest will affect the owners stance here as they are 1000's of miles away.

BOYCOTTING is a protest. Boycotting is the only form of protest that a large portion of the fan base seem to have agreed on, hence the lower attendance's. It has a simple clear message, that takes no organisation and creates no friction between supporters on match days, hence the reason I started this thread and have been a big advocate of it. Make no mistake, I will attend any other protests that occur but in my opinion I think the best protests that could happen now would be joint protests with clubs like Blackpool, Charlton, Leeds and any other club. These communities of people need to stand together against their owners and against the neglect of the F.A. towards these historic clubs. I personally now see this as the only way to make waves because in my EXPERIENCE Paul, there aren't enough Rovers fans who would turn up or simply have the fight in them to protest.

I'm man enough to come out and say that i know that your comment about people certain people questioning the intelligence of SOME of our supporters was me, I don't take it personally but it was not aimed at ALL of the supporters who attend. Given my experiences at protests, at games and on places like the LT websites it's EVIDENT that there are a large number of supporters incapable of thinking for themselves and lap up the endless amounts of drivel that come out of the club and the LT and take it as gospel and I'm sure I'm not the only one who thinks that. There are a large number of supporters in my opinion who haven't given serious thought on their standpoint before handing over their money, they do it out of habit, there are plenty I know of and i'm sure there are countless others on here that know of similar fans too, these are the sort of fans who will not support or attend a protest... I know you aren't one of these fans.

These are difficult times and make no mistake it's going to get worse, fans will argue, fall out and will insult each other... You can't control what other people say or do, you can only make your own decisions as you see fit. I understand your reasonings for still attending games and can understand why certain things will have got your back up, just try and remind yourself that they're just opinions and try not to take them personally.

A good post from Andy Neil above, I don't agree that the divide plays into their hands because this would imply they have sort of plan, which they don't, they're simply not interested in any of us. I certainly agree that infighting and finger pointing doesn't help and I for one will be making an effort to be more respectful.

One thing we will ALL agree on... VENKYS OUT!

Paul, as someone who was the first person to protest against Venkys (a claim that can be backed up), has protested at every organised protest, is an avid supporter of boycotting and the starter of the thread I think I should jump in here...

I'm surprised it's taken you this long to feel disconnected from our fan base, I personally felt totally disconnected from our fan base when 1000's refused to turn up for the organised protests years ago. Only weeks ago there was a protest for 'fans united' with the Blackpool fans, I was maybe 1 of 10 Rovers fans to actually turn up. I stood outside Bloomfield Road, a few Rovers fans clapped my stance against Venkys and the F.A. many simply ignored and walked on one actually refused to shake my hand claiming "we'd be @#/? without them". There has been many times recently where I have asked myself "should I organise something?" but after Blackpool and studying our fans passion to protest against the owners It would be almost a waste of time. Those left at Ewood WANT to be at there and many of those (like Chaddy, not having a pop, just an example) do not feel a protest will affect the owners stance here as they are 1000's of miles away.

BOYCOTTING is a protest. Boycotting is the only form of protest that a large portion of the fan base seem to have agreed on, hence the lower attendance's. It has a simple clear message, that takes no organisation and creates no friction between supporters on match days, hence the reason I started this thread and have been a big advocate of it. Make no mistake, I will attend any other protests that occur but in my opinion I think the best protests that could happen now would be joint protests with clubs like Blackpool, Charlton, Leeds and any other club. These communities of people need to stand together against their owners and against the neglect of the F.A. towards these historic clubs. I personally now see this as the only way to make waves because in my EXPERIENCE Paul, there aren't enough Rovers fans who would turn up or simply have the fight in them to protest.

I'm man enough to come out and say that i know that your comment about people certain people questioning the intelligence of SOME of our supporters was me, I don't take it personally but it was not aimed at ALL of the supporters who attend. Given my experiences at protests, at games and on places like the LT websites it's EVIDENT that there are a large number of supporters incapable of thinking for themselves and lap up the endless amounts of drivel that come out of the club and the LT and take it as gospel and I'm sure I'm not the only one who thinks that. There are a large number of supporters in my opinion who haven't given serious thought on their standpoint before handing over their money, they do it out of habit, there are plenty I know of and i'm sure there are countless others on here that know of similar fans too, these are the sort of fans who will not support or attend a protest... I know you aren't one of these fans.

These are difficult times and make no mistake it's going to get worse, fans will argue, fall out and will insult each other... You can't control what other people say or do, you can only make your own decisions as you see fit. I understand your reasonings for still attending games and can understand why certain things will have got your back up, just try and remind yourself that they're just opinions and try not to take them personally.

A good post from Andy Neil above, I don't agree that the divide plays into their hands because this would imply they have sort of plan, which they don't, they're simply not interested in any of us. I certainly agree that infighting and finger pointing doesn't help and I for one will be making an effort to be more respectful.

One thing we will ALL agree on... VENKYS OUT!

It is their point of view. They are entitled to their point of view. You did what you had to. You cannot force others to do what you want even if it is undesirable. Which is the point Paul was trying to make.

It is their point of view. They are entitled to their point of view. You did what you had to. You cannot force others to do what you want even if it is undesirable. Which is the point Paul was trying to make.

Which I agree with and I did say...

You can't control what other people say or do, you can only make your own decisions as you see fit.

Archived