BRFCS

BY THE FANS, FOR THE FANS
SINCE 1996
Proudly partnered with TheTerraceStore.com

[Archived] Boycott

Fact - you will never ever convince 100% of the fans to boycott. It doesn't matter- the attendance numbers are drawing attention already. It's wrong to have a go at Parson for attending - its not his fault - the problem is in India.

I keep saying it, but the walk-out at Anfield regarding prices was less than 20% of the fans, it's how it is marketed that matters.

In the past people have paid too much regard to those who will never boycott - and at times those not willing to boycott have been too active in telling others what to do. I have a feeling that time has passed, and despite that some non-boycotters being not willing to not attend, I don't think you'll see them having a go at those doing so.

This is the key for the meeting next week- we need to be united as a group of fans - even if we think a certain idea is not the best option - the only thing that matters at this moment is to remove the owners.

• Replies 664
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Fact - you will never ever convince 100% of the fans to boycott. It doesn't matter- the attendance numbers are drawing attention already. It's wrong to have a go at Parson for attending - its not his fault - the problem is in India.

I keep saying it, but the walk-out at Anfield regarding prices was less than 20% of the fans, it's how it is marketed that matters.

In the past people have paid too much regard to those who will never boycott - and at times those not willing to boycott have been too active in telling others what to do. I have a feeling that time has passed, and despite that some non-boycotters being not willing to not attend, I don't think you'll see them having a go at those doing so.

This is the key for the meeting next week- we need to be united as a group of fans - even if we think a certain idea is not the best option - the only thing that matters at this moment is to remove the owners.

Have you followed the thread?

I'm not having a go at Parson or anyone else for attending, I go to every game.

Someone asked Parson If an empty stadium Humiliated them into getting shut would you sacrifice the wolves game ?

He said 'To be honest no'.

I find that absolutely staggering.

The club was run by people who cared, for fans like you and I.

Is that the case now?

We shared in the tough times through our love for the club. It's impossible to feel the same bond as before and I am very suprised some fans still feel the same. Especially older ones. They know it felt totally different back then however poor the team was. There is simply no comparison.

A part died for me instantly when Allardyce was sacked and the lying @#/? was appointed as in my eyes that guaranteed certain relegation, financial suicide and the destruction of twenty years hard work and investment. I felt sad for Jacks legacy and all he had built. I felt for some of the players forced to leave. I felt sad for my son denied the simple love of his local club as it self-destructed. With every despicable decision my personal love of the club faded.

A catastrophic period for the club. Disastrous. Thousands of fans lost, many for good. Generation upon generation affected. Untold millions spent and nothing to show for it.

I'm running fifty, chanting down Bolton Road on the original protests didn't feel right, or make me happy. In fact I felt bloody foolish. But still I went as I'm a Rovers fan and felt it was necessary to have numbers and a semblance of unity. But the total lack of unity killed any momentum before it started. I wouldn't have felt foolish alongside 25,000 passionate and angry fans, but way too many knew best and were busy celebrating more attacking football under a lying drunkard whilst citing race and ignorance.

In the 70's 80's I would have been proud alongside 500 Rovers fans and we would have all stood tall. And been louder, more insistent and determined. Don't let anyone tell you it's like before. It isn't even close.

Someone asked Parson If an empty stadium Humiliated them into getting shut would you sacrifice the wolves game ?

Yes, been following the thread. I don't think people are purposely having a go at Parson, perhaps that was a bad phrase to use. However PB did answer your hypothetical question slightly differently - he basically said he didn't believe that a boycott would influence their decision - so would continue to attend.

I don't necessarily think that he's right, but he's allowed to think that.

I was just trying to readdress the thread to the real problem- its not people refusing to boycott.

The same argument could have been made in the sixties for very different reasons. I had seen the club top of the First Division and then plummet to the bottom of the Third Division at one point. But it was still my team, still my club and therefore still something I would support. When the club falls on hard times on the pitch and the team is made up of fairly ordinary journeymen, I never see it as wasting my money watching dross - maybe that's the difference between our views. At the end of the day, as I've said so many times, it's always a personal decision and as long as you are happy with the decision you make - I know I am with my decision - that really is all that matters.

trust a chuffin dingle to like this .

THIS NO LONGER THE BLACKBURN ROVERS I LOVE THIS IS THE ANN SUMMERS AID OF A BIG FAT GANGSTER.

IF it was a normally run club I would still be there but it aint that club has died and your 60's comparison would be justified but anyone who believes this then there is no hope .

LOVE ROVERS

HATE VENKY FC

funny how theres only parsons had the guts to answer the question I asked.

I think you have missed my point Aggy. I don't believe an empty stadium would humiliate them into leaving therefore it's an academic argument. Ultimately, you don't do something if you don't believe that it will have an impact. Others believe differently with regard to the boycott and so boycott games - an act which nobody could or should argue with. We all act according to what we believe. At the end of the day you will never get an empty stadium but the attendances this season will attract attention - as the Crewe one did on Tuesday.

I think you have missed my point Aggy. I don't believe an empty stadium would humiliate them into leaving therefore it's an academic argument. Ultimately, you don't do something if you don't believe that it will have an impact. Others believe differently with regard to the boycott and so boycott games - an act which nobody could or should argue with. We all act according to what we believe. At the end of the day you will never get an empty stadium but the attendances this season will attract attention - as the Crewe one did on Tuesday.

When I decided not to renew my season ticket my thinking was that the Indians needed to be embarrassed in their own back yard and that small crowds would attract the media attention globally. The article from the TOI this week is proof that this will happen but in my opinion it is futile just to mass boycott one game, it would need to be for the rest of Venkys tenure (however long that might be). However I did know that there are still people who, for a variety of reasons will still go and I fully appreciate and respect that. There isn't an answer to fixing broken Blackburn Rovers, we can only control what we do as individuals and what we believe is right.

I know exactly your point and position you take but you didn't answer the specific question. You gave a politicians answer and totally avoided it. The question only required a Yes or No.

I thought I had answered it quite clearly Aggy. I don't believe it will persuade them to leave so the answer was no.

I thought I had answered it quite clearly Aggy. I don't believe it will persuade them to leave so the answer was no.

This is tiresome and my last post on this.

He didn't ask what you believed. He gave you a theoretical scenario.

Lets ask it this way -

If the Rao's put out a statement that if ever zero fans turned out in support of the team they would immediately leave, would you boycott?

I know it's only theoretical, I don't want to know what you believe, a simple Yes or No will suffice.

Done.

Lets ask it this way -

If the Rao's put out a statement that if ever zero fans turned out in support of the team they would immediately leave, would you boycott?

I know it's only theoretical, I don't want to know what you believe, a simple Yes or No will suffice.

Done.

You and Abbey have both been very clear on the question. Parson is ducking it.

He won't even boycott theoretically. I suspect it's some kind of consecutive games record. Remember, for Parson (and a very select others), it is only about 11 blue and white jerseys on the field. It doesn't matter what deals were done to get them here, whether they are good enough or even honest enough to be here, they are here. It will be the players' fault if we don't win, if we are relegated. It's the micro view of what Rovers is (the performance of the team on the field) rather than the macro view (what the club stands for and the motives of the owners).

He will never make a stand. Whatever happens, it will be the final volume "Blackburn Rover 1875 to 2017: The Complete History".

I have completely given up on Parson for any kind of support on this but we have to respect his view: at least he's honest - as much as it doesn't help.

I will definitely boycott the Wolves game, if that's what we are doing. Pretty soon a couple of thousand fans at a game will become the norm so we need to make a stand before it's too late.

Crowds of 6,000 to 8,000 every week will do nothing and just be seen as attrition. A crowd of no home supporters for one televised game speaks volumes. I would urge those who absolutely insist on going against Wolves to wait outside for 10 minutes before going in to help make the point.

Lets ask it this way -

Done.

If Rao's put out such a statement then obviously YES.

Lets ask it this way -

Done.

Lets just hope the Raos dont put out a statement saying that if the fans fill the ground ..we ll leave ..we will be goosed!!

We d have to drag people in from bus stops to fill the bloody place ..

When I decided not to renew my season ticket my thinking was that the Indians needed to be embarrassed in their own back yard and that small crowds would attract the media attention globally. The article from the TOI this week is proof that this will happen but in my opinion it is futile just to mass boycott one game, it would need to be for the rest of Venkys tenure (however long that might be). However I did know that there are still people who, for a variety of reasons will still go and I fully appreciate and respect that. There isn't an answer to fixing broken Blackburn Rovers, we can only control what we do as individuals and what we believe is right.

I agreeTony.

The one element missing for me, and I appreciate its easy for me to say from over here, is something proactive to accompany the boycott. Two reasons: firstly, low crowds in themselves have more than one interpretation - the narrative of "Jack's glory hunters don't like being relegated" is too easy for those not inclined to pay much attention. Secondly, while mass protests have proved impossible to bring about, longevity of protest can be equally effective in generating the required publicity. If even a handful of boycotters had a visible presence outside Ewood during every game, that would gradually become more newsworthy over time, especially if they did newsworthy things during the game. A photo of fans playing their own game on the vast empty car park while a match is on would say far more than just a low crowd.

We shared in the tough times through our love for the club. It's impossible to feel the same bond as before and I am very suprised some fans still feel the same. Especially older ones. They know it felt totally different back then however poor the team was. There is simply no comparison.

A part died for me instantly when Allardyce was sacked and the lying @#/? was appointed as in my eyes that guaranteed certain relegation, financial suicide and the destruction of twenty years hard work and investment. I felt sad for Jacks legacy and all he had built. I felt for some of the players forced to leave. I felt sad for my son denied the simple love of his local club as it self-destructed. With every despicable decision my personal love of the club faded.

A catastrophic period for the club. Disastrous. Thousands of fans lost, many for good. Generation upon generation affected. Untold millions spent and nothing to show for it.

I'm running fifty, chanting down Bolton Road on the original protests didn't feel right, or make me happy. In fact I felt bloody foolish. But still I went as I'm a Rovers fan and felt it was necessary to have numbers and a semblance of unity. But the total lack of unity killed any momentum before it started. I wouldn't have felt foolish alongside 25,000 passionate and angry fans, but way too many knew best and were busy celebrating more attacking football under a lying drunkard whilst citing race and ignorance.

In the 70's 80's I would have been proud alongside 500 Rovers fans and we would have all stood tall. And been louder, more insistent and determined. Don't let anyone tell you it's like before. It isn't even close.

All I can say is that I wish I'd posted that.

Bravo sir. Bravo.

I returned 3x Season Tickets this week. Stupid for getting them in the first place, as we're totally against the regime, but it was difficult to resist last minute, been going to Rovers since I left nursery.

Spoke to the ticket office manager, and she's refunded them. (Minus the cost of the home games that have already been played).

All I had to do was post the tickets back to Rovers before getting the money back.

Took them to the post office, guy behind the counter saw the address and said 'Blackburn Rovers ey, Jack Walker, Glory Days, not heard of you guys in a while, how are you doing now?' just after asking if the envelope contained anything of value. Summed it all up.

I know of a few who'd questioned whether it was possible to get a refund on ST's, so here's a heads up.

Will be back when Venkys go.

Archived