BRFCS

BY THE FANS, FOR THE FANS
SINCE 1996
Proudly partnered with TheTerraceStore.com

[Archived] Boycott

• Replies 664
  • Created
  • Last Reply
Boycotting and social media gets the stories, will it make a difference?

I have to say - I'm hugely appreciative of those efforts, particularly on Twitter. A few rovers fans should be absolutley proud!

Boycotting and social media gets the stories, will it make a difference.

I have to say - I'm hugely appreciative of those efforts, particularly on Twitter. A few rovers fans should be absolutist proud!

It hasnt gone unnoticed by my New girlfriend that I have spent serious amounts of hours on Twitter :o

Boycotting and social media gets the stories, will it make a difference?

I have to say - I'm hugely appreciative of those efforts, particularly on Twitter. A few rovers fans should be absolutley proud!

my fingers hurt..everyone needs to add the pune supergiants to the tweets as they retweet #venkysout many times

Leeds away in the cup - maybe a boycott by both sets of fans would get big coverage? As soon as the draw was made a lot of people commented that it was the battle of the worst owners.

Imagine a crowd of less than 1.000 in Elland Road. hats would certainly get the attention of the media.

Genuine question for parson , Chaddy , Al & company . As you know I kept going saying they wouldn't drive me out however the Lambert saga broke me ...

The question is now there's been a small breakthrough with the Indian Times highlighting attendances and boycotts will that change your mind and boycott whether it's until they leave or at LEAST the Wolves game ?

Or will you still go and not bother about the goings on ?

Genuine question for parson , Chaddy , Al & company . As you know I kept going saying they wouldn't drive me out however the Lambert saga broke me ...

The question is now there's been a small breakthrough with the Indian Times highlighting attendances and boycotts will that change your mind and boycott whether it's until they leave or at LEAST the Wolves game ?

Or will you still go and not bother about the goings on ?

It's a fair question Abbey - and good to see you back by the way - but no it's not changed my mind. I was there on Tuesday, I'll be there against Leeds and Wolves. I still believe in supporting the team on the pitch as do those I go to games with. Next week we'll be supporting the Under-23's at Fleetwood. We still enjoy going to games - be it first team, Under-23's or Under-18's - and the whole social side of football and the owners haven't dampened our enthusiasm for the club even though we know that relegation is a nigh on certainty this season. We've said from the very beginning that we wouldn't be driven out by the owners and we won't. There will always be five thousand or so who will turn up. I've long held the view that the owners will only leave when it suits them irrespective of what might be going on and I still believe that.

It's a fair question Abbey - and good to see you back by the way - but no it's not changed my mind. I was there on Tuesday, I'll be there against Leeds and Wolves. I still believe in supporting the team on the pitch as do those I go to games with. Next week we'll be supporting the Under-23's at Fleetwood. We still enjoy going to games - be it first team, Under-23's or Under-18's - and the whole social side of football and the owners haven't dampened our enthusiasm for the club even though we know that relegation is a nigh on certainty this season. We've said from the very beginning that we wouldn't be driven out by the owners and we won't. There will always be five thousand or so who will turn up. I've long held the view that the owners will only leave when it suits them irrespective of what might be going on and I still believe that.

Respect what you saying parson , let me ask another way then .. If an empty stadium Humilated them into getting shut would you sacrifice the wolves game ?

That's a hypothetical question Abbey. The thing is I don't think an empty stadium will make a ha'peth of difference. :(:brfc:

One of the main aspects of the Times of India article was the low crowds. I believe an even emptier stadium would attract further negative coverage in India for them.

Respect what you saying parson , let me ask another way then .. If an empty stadium Humilated them into getting shut would you sacrifice the wolves game ?

To be honest no. I don't believe that what goes on in Blackburn makes any impact on them whatsoever. If I thought differently it might be a different matter but I honestly don't believe that me staying away will have any impact on them. I believe that they are here for their own reasons and that they will go only when it suits them to go.

To be honest no. I don't believe that what goes on in Blackburn makes any impact on them whatsoever. If I thought differently it might be a different matter but I honestly don't believe that me staying away will have any impact on them. I believe that they are here for their own reasons and that they will go only when it suits them to go.

That just reads that you put yourself before the club as a supporter. Shame really.

That just reads that you put yourself before the club as a supporter. Shame really.

No Aggy, it reads that I don't believe that the owners are influenced by anything happening in Blackburn. That they have reasons for owning the club, that they have reasons for retaining the club and that when they believe the time is right for them and when it is in their financial interests to sell it on they will do so. I put the club the first which is why I continue to support it. The bottom line is that everyone has their own opinion on why the owners are here and when they will go. Everyone makes their own decision on whether to boycott or not. It's an issue where, in terms of supporting or boycotting, there is no right or wrong answer.

It's really difficult to be sure, but my feeling is unless the fans do ' something', the buggers won't sell, ever

Agreed Bryan. To say there is nothing that will make a difference so why try is a cop out and akin to giving up.

They've been such @#/?s, i don't see why they shouldn't take some @#/?.

Is it really that big a sacrifice to stay away for a bit?

All this stuff about venkys won't take it away from me etc is nonsense. It's already been taken away. You might as well may meet your matchday mates down the pub.

They have to go. By any means necessary

I don't think that this answers Abbey's question. It's as plain as day that they don't listen or care to what happens locally.

It's hypothetical; would you miss the Wolves game if you knew that by doing so would see the end of Venkys?

This isn't aimed at you Parson, it's a general comment;

Venkys aside I can't see at rationale for keeping going. After watching 6+ years of declining football standards, and knowing that it's not getting any better any time soon where's the joy? Rovers have just sold one of 2 players left who are worth anything, and he is a bit of a duffer. It's a crying shame.

I really wouldn't waste my money on watching dross.

Venkys aside I can't see at rationale for keeping going. After watching 6+ years of declining football standards, and knowing that it's not getting any better any time soon where's the joy? Rovers have just sold one of 2 players left who are worth anything, and he is a bit of a duffer. It's a crying shame.

Something something players come and go, something something familiar faces, something something won't force me out of my club.

No Aggy, it reads that I don't believe that the owners are influenced by anything happening in Blackburn. That they have reasons for owning the club, that they have reasons for retaining the club and that when they believe the time is right for them and when it is in their financial interests to sell it on they will do so. I put the club the first which is why I continue to support it. The bottom line is that everyone has their own opinion on why the owners are here and when they will go. Everyone makes their own decision on whether to boycott or not. It's an issue where, in terms of supporting or boycotting, there is no right or wrong answer.

I'll put this to you Parson - and I genuinely mean no malice with it. You would still go to Ewood no matter what happened, no matter what the owners did. It's got nothing to do with whether fans walking away in their thousands bothers them, because we don't know if it does.

The bit highlighted is key for me. They do have reasons for owning the club - and unless it's to hide the skeletons I'm not sure what other motive there possibly could be.

As to the second part of your sentence - financially there have been many times when it would have been better to sell up in full or in part. The fact they haven't shows that financial interests are not a motivating factor. The Senca bid being one example of this, the rumored Middle East bid another, the huge losses year after year another suggesting that it's not in their financial interests to keep us, it could be an endless list. Can't see how anyone can think - or less bluntly what evidence there is - that financial interest is a motivating factor.

We can also rule out chasing success I think based on their past performance. Which leaves skeleton hiding the only possible reason. And given the losses they are seemingly making, the skeletons must be pretty big, and imo very untoward and unethical.

I really wouldn't waste my money on watching dross.

The same argument could have been made in the sixties for very different reasons. I had seen the club top of the First Division and then plummet to the bottom of the Third Division at one point. But it was still my team, still my club and therefore still something I would support. When the club falls on hard times on the pitch and the team is made up of fairly ordinary journeymen, I never see it as wasting my money watching dross - maybe that's the difference between our views. At the end of the day, as I've said so many times, it's always a personal decision and as long as you are happy with the decision you make - I know I am with my decision - that really is all that matters.

The same argument could have been made in the sixties for very different reasons. I had seen the club top of the First Division and then plummet to the bottom of the Third Division at one point. But it was still my team, still my club and therefore still something I would support. When the club falls on hard times on the pitch and the team is made up of fairly ordinary journeymen, I never see it as wasting my money watching dross - maybe that's the difference between our views. At the end of the day, as I've said so many times, it's always a personal decision and as long as you are happy with the decision you make - I know I am with my decision - that really is all that matters.

I could relate to The issues of The 60s, 70s and 80s as we all could, We were all part and parcel. Not now for me, I don't feel a part.

RTID but I can't sign up to this charade any longer, its not Rovers anymore.

The same argument could have been made in the sixties for very different reasons. I had seen the club top of the First Division and then plummet to the bottom of the Third Division at one point. But it was still my team, still my club and therefore still something I would support.

The club was run by people who cared, for fans like you and I.

Is that the case now?

Archived