BRFCS

BY THE FANS, FOR THE FANS
SINCE 1996
Proudly partnered with TheTerraceStore.com

[Archived] Boycott

Only for players we could only dream of being able to hold on to. Jones and samba. We lost hoilet because of relagation and upon religion broke not only our transfer record but for the league.

On the topic of boycots. It's down to the individual. I did not get a season ticket last year and only came to 3 home games all season.it was a decision I made but have decided to come back. I found the price of the jw lower centre too good value to ignore.

Something definitely does not smell right at the moment. But it's not the level of investment. 120m debt and counting is evidence of this. Right now with some player sales this will have come down to maybe 95m. i think we should be paying fees for some players.... All our investment seems to have been on high wages.. Obviously some bad choices in hindsight but how could anyone know.

Truth is we need to buy players to try and get out of this league (through promotion)

We lost Hoilett because he deliberately ran down his contract to his own personal financial benefit.

We couldn't hold onto Jones, I'd agree, but even then Venkys messed up by allowing JA to give him a contract release clause at a far too low value - evident as 3 clubs triggered the clause within 6 months.

The 120m is a result of their mismanagement, not of investment. If Venkys hadn't season on season tried to cut costs, got rid and never replaced one of the best boards in the country, not sacked a good manager and replaced him with a succession of untested and unproven wannabes etc, then that figure would be a hell of a lot less.

If they walked away now, leaving the club with only the 20m debt it had when they took over, and sold it to proper owners, we would be in a much better position than if they continue for another 5 years and put another 100m into the club.

• Replies 664
  • Created
  • Last Reply

How were there 12k+ today? Surely a lot of them must have been walk ons? Today will surely have made a lot of their minds up.

IMV, between 10k and 11k at best.

BBE 3k, Riverside 2k, Darwen End 2k and certainly NOT 5.6k in JW which would mean it was 60% full (swathes of empty rows/seats from what I could see).

According to official attendances there was around 1,500 less home fans today (11,000) than there was against Wolves (12,500) on the opening day of last season.

Dread to see what the attendance will be against Burton Albion & Fulham who I imagine will bring less than the 1,500 Norwich did today.

But why would anyone turn up at all for this sheizen-fest of a team under current ownership, management and playing staff.

Give your head a wobble if you bothered to go along today - you know you were conned out of the price of admission.

http://<iframe width="560" height="315" src="https://www.youtube.com/embed/uVvcD4Czx4Y" frameborder="0" allowfullscreen></iframe>

If you choose not to support the club that's up to you but please don't bother trying to insult those who want to support the club through tough times. Nobody was conned today. People paid to support their club knowing full well the odds were stacked against them. It seems to me that a small minority of the boycotters seem almost pleased we got beat today.

If you choose not to support the club that's up to you but please don't bother trying to insult those who want to support the club through tough times. Nobody was conned today. People paid to support their club knowing full well the odds were stacked against them. It seems to me that a small minority of the boycotters seem almost pleased we got beat today.

I agree Parson, the club (unlike clubs like Preston) havent promised or advertised a promotion push so there's no con to be had... Just shows the expectations within the club.

I'm never happy when Rovers lose but speaking from my point of view... I'd welcome relegation. Survival would lead to another season of this and probably an endless paradox of the same @#/? season after season... Results are secondary tp them being here. Relegation? Bring it on.

I agree Parson, the club (unlike clubs like Preston) havent promised or advertised a promotion push so there's no con to be had... Just shows the expectations within the club.

Ahem!!!!!!

Premier League pledge

If Rovers achieve promotion to the Premier League, Season Ticket holders

will be able to purchase a 2017/18 Premier League Season Ticket at only

25% of this seasons Season Ticket prices (e.g. ST in the Riverside will only

be £62,whilst a Concession in the same area will only cost £40). Juniors in

all areas (excl JW Centre) will be able to renew their Season Ticket for only

£15. The Premier League pledge is only open to fans that have purchased a

2016/17 Season Ticket prior to the 4th July 2016 and valid if Blackburn Rovers

achieve promotion by May 2017.

I'm never happy when Rovers lose but speaking from my point of view... I'd welcome relegation. Survival would lead to another season of this and probably an endless paradox of the same @#/? season after season... Results are secondary tp them being here. Relegation? Bring it on.

What evidence is there that the owners would leave if we are relegated? In many ways they are more likely to stay as the outgoings can be drastically reduced and it will become easier for the club to wipe it's own face the lower down the divisions we go.

Ahem!!!!!!

Premier League pledge

Nobody actually takes any notice of it though Shaun. Everybody who has renewed will have done so knowing that the Premier League pledge is not worth the paper it was written on.

Ahem!!!!!!

Premier League pledge

I stand corrected!

Premier league pledge... THATS BLOODY HILARIOUS.

What evidence is there that the owners would leave if we are relegated? In many ways they are more likely to stay as the outgoings can be drastically reduced and it will become easier for the club to wipe it's own face the lower down the divisions we go.

Nobody actually takes any notice of it though Shaun. Everybody who has renewed will have done so knowing that the Premier League pledge is not worth the paper it was written on.

There is none Parson but I'm willing to find out... Being miserable in the championship, or league 1/2 makes no difference if you're miserable, at this point i'll try anything. The recent noises coming from their camp is that they were still happy to be owners and we're in the Championship... So lets see if in league 1/2 making their investment being worth nothing will force them to sell. Also, at least at that level with potentially smaller outgoings some smaller businesses/businessmen might be able to make a go of it if they decide to sell or if we go into admin.

There is none Parson but I'm willing to find out... Being miserable in the championship, or league 1/2 makes no difference if you're miserable, at this point i'll try anything. The recent noises coming from their camp is that they were still happy to be owners and we're in the Championship... So lets see if in league 1/2 making their investment being worth nothing will force them to sell. Also, at least at that level with potentially smaller outgoings some smaller businesses/businessmen might be able to make a go of it if they decide to sell or if we go into admin.

The problem with that Neal is that you can sink to a point where it becomes very difficult to come back. I remember talking to John Williams many years ago on one of the European trips and he said then that relegation from the Premier League would make life very difficult for the club and that it would be extremely tough to get back to the top flight. That was years ago. Relegation to League One may well put the club in a perilous position. Many supporters who are staying away now will not return if we drop into League One or League Two. It will be like the 70s and 80s again where former Rovers fans started travelling to Manchester and Liverpool to watch top flight football. Maintaining Championship football, whilst it's going to be difficult is, in my view, imperative if this club is to have a future that might, at some point, attract a buyer with sufficient funds to persuade the present lot to sell.

Aye, and I suppose you believe that the team 'did their best' on the day too...What you were watching wasn't Blackburn Rovers in any way shape or form like any of the teams I have supported 'against the odds' over the years. This shower has been deliberately hamstrung by a cynical and distasteful ownership, who have no business being here in East Lancashire. So, if each humiliation heaped on the brand through other teams putting out their best players with a plan to beat us, so be it - especially if each defeat brings the prospect of the arrogant and faceless Loons leaving.

The problem with that Neal is that you can sink to a point where it becomes very difficult to come back. I remember talking to John Williams many years ago on one of the European trips and he said then that relegation from the Premier League would make life very difficult for the club and that it would be extremely tough to get back to the top flight. That was years ago. Relegation to League One may well put the club in a perilous position. Many supporters who are staying away now will not return if we drop into League One or League Two. It will be like the 70s and 80s again where former Rovers fans started travelling to Manchester and Liverpool to watch top flight football. Maintaining Championship football, whilst it's going to be difficult is, in my view, imperative if this club is to have a future that might, at some point, attract a buyer with sufficient funds to persuade the present lot to sell.

I don't disagree with your comment about relegation but whilst we are in the Championship I think the debt is likely to grow making it more difficult to sell us. Our wage bill will still be high considering the poor quality within the squad and the other income streams have been decimated. I expect the debt to be an albatross around our necks until they either decide to write it off or consider a vastly reduced price if they want to sell.

One thing for sure is that nobody (even the chief exec) knows what they want or indeed what they are still doing here seemingly driving the club into the ground.

I don't disagree with your comment about relegation but whilst we are in the Championship I think the debt is likely to grow making it more difficult to sell us. Our wage bill will still be high considering the poor quality within the squad and the other income streams have been decimated. I expect the debt to be an albatross around our necks until they either decide to write it off or consider a vastly reduced price if they want to sell.

One thing for sure is that nobody (even the chief exec) knows what they want or indeed what they are still doing here seemingly driving the club into the ground.

The bottom line arbitro is that they have their own agenda which doesn't appear to include the welfare of Blackburn Rovers. In many ways relegation, I suspect, will encourage them to stay longer as overheads will drop and we will fall further out of the spotlight. Protests or no protests, the owners will leave when it is in their interests to leave and as nobody knows why they are still here it is impossible to know what will trigger their departure.

The bottom line arbitro is that they have their own agenda which doesn't appear to include the welfare of Blackburn Rovers. In many ways relegation, I suspect, will encourage them to stay longer as overheads will drop and we will fall further out of the spotlight. Protests or no protests, the owners will leave when it is in their interests to leave and as nobody knows why they are still here it is impossible to know what will trigger their departure.

I am not sure how much overheads would drop if we were relegated. All income streams would be reduced. Wages are the biggest outgoing and we have players on deals which would see them still here should relegation happen. They are on really good money (and I might add are not worth the money). The only option would be to give them away and then we could be stuck with another Best, Etuhu or Murpky if the players decide to play hardball. Whatever anybody's opinion is on the current situation I think we can all agree on one thing - we are screwed.

Come on chaps (in general), we are all Rovers fans.

I boycott and it is my choice and I do so for my reasons. I believe in what I am doing.

Others attend for many reasons (family, loyalty, mates etc). That is their choice, they believe in what they are doing.

It is the V's and ironically our love for BRFC (expressed in different ways) that is dividing us. Let's not kick verbal lumps out of each other.

The problem with that Arbitro is that if we had a team that was so bad that they were bottom of the league all season and got relegated, who would even take their players on a free. You would have to offload them to someone who was really desperate for numbers.

Look at Bolton last season for example. Who would be desperate enough to take one of their players?

Archived