BRFCS

BY THE FANS, FOR THE FANS
SINCE 1996
Proudly partnered with TheTerraceStore.com

[Archived] No To Coyle

Nothing to worry about, we are just over reacting. We are just a normal football Club, doing normal Football Club things. We are not being mismanaged and there's not been any nefarious underhand dealings carried out in the name of the Club. Our owners aren't crooked, they are just very silly Indians.

I feel stupid for even thinking that there was something dodgy going on, when actually everything is normal and Rovers is being managed the way its always been.

Please forgive me.

• Replies 1k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Don't waste your breath. Let Parson keep telling himself it's just like the good old days. It helps him sleep at night.

A Latin expression meaning “to the man.” An ad hominem argument is one that relies on personal attacks rather than reason or substance.

A Latin expression meaning “to the man.” An ad hominem argument is one that relies on personal attacks rather than reason or substance.

It was an insult, not an ad hominem. Learn the difference.

Remember Blueboy (it might have been before your ban) 'Amo' "isn't a nice guy" so watch yourself........

Well, i'm not one to judge but the tenor of his posts do suggest you might be right. He does seem to get genuinly upset with people who still want to go to Ewood. It could be because he's never been and is a bit jealous? Who knows, but it's all a bit of a queer do and no mistake.

Well, i'm not one to judge but the tenor of his posts do suggest you might be right. He does seem to get genuinly upset with people who still want to go to Ewood. It could be because he's never been and is a bit jealous? Who knows, but it's all a bit of a queer do and no mistake.

Yes, I'm secretly jealous of those who are paying good money to get mugged off by Venky's. You've got me, Dr. Phil.

We only started selling more than we bought from summer 2008 onwards, everyone tends to credit Hughes for working under budget constraints which he did but apart from Bellamy none of his stars were sold until he had already left, and even with Bellamy he was given the full amount back to spend on Roberts and McCarthy. From summer 2008 to Venkys takeover, the Trust raked in a net surplus of £30m on transfer fees to swan off into the sunset with. Which, as always, shows what a magnificent job Big Sam did.

So I'd disagree with the traditional argument that we've always been a selling club. We were a break even club until the Trust decided to cash in pre-sale and Venkys have spent the time since trying to financially mitigate their woeful on-field decisions.

But that's the danger of falling out of the premiership. A club with Rovers paltry fan revenue can only mix it with premier league TV money. We had to stay with whatever the playing personnel or style of play (Diouf/Andrews/hoofball moaning seems pretty stupid now eh), we didn't stay in, and the consequence is we were always going to become a big selling club from that point on no matter who owned us.

Whoever said we sold a big player EVERY summer under John Wiliams is seriously talking out of their sheriffs badge. Talk about rewriting history to suit an argument, I give up I really do.

Lol christ the board is making me laugh today. What with that, Feeney's 25% contrubtion ratio and Amo's oddly fractious mood, not stopped chuckling!

I just thought it was Blueboys return that had got you over excited today ;)

How long. Did we hang on to Simon Barker when he was the best midfielder in the old Division 2? This was a time when most top flight teams bought British.

There's no chance these Loons would of held on to a top talent for so long.

How long. Did we hang on to Simon Barker when he was the best midfielder in the old Division 2? This was a time when most top flight teams bought British.

There's no chance these Loons would of held on to a top talent for so long.

If agents were about then he'd have been shunted out the door after one season of first team football. Cash and percentages first these days football second, it's rife.

Archived