BRFCS

BY THE FANS, FOR THE FANS
SINCE 1996
Proudly partnered with TheTerraceStore.com

[Archived] No To Coyle

there has been plenty of protest ideas of all kinds over the months and years, most are just discussed briefly and casually then come to nothing, 'boycotting' is just the easiest form of protest in my opinion because it requires no physical effort or organising from the 'protester' unless its going to be followed up with actual protests outside the ground on match days(or something like that)

Also to whom it may concern!!

Sorry, Elvis Mcsmithy is/was me also, I've had signing in problems and the only account that I could access was that one which was created very briefly years ago, sorted now though (mods/admin can delete that account now if they feel it necessary)

Think we might just ban both now.

• Replies 1k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

When our grandchildren are supporting Liverpool, Man Utd, and even Burnley and we explain that there used to be a club in Blackburn, I'll at least be able to hold my head up and say that I tried. What is most galling is there are people who don't even want to try.

If you allow your grandchildren to do that. It is your fault!

The popular view is that I don't go anymore because I live in Midlands, but frankly living away from the area makes the heart grow fonder Al, its even tougher when you're not surrounded by your fellow fans on a daily basis, I love going, but we've had enough, and like most of last season it'll be radio and iplayer.

Not sure about away games yet, we'll see.

I do hope you do go to some away games Gav. If you see them play well you won't be able to resist going to Ewood. It's got to raise some old feelings, if not for you Debs will talk you into it. I know I sound like Parson or Chaddy now but when dyed in the blood supporters like you say they are not going I'm beginning to despair.

Sorry to interrupt your crusade, but haven't you bought a season ticket? (apologies if I'm mistaken).

You just seem to be posting (repeatedly) on a message board, so how does this ensure you can hold your head up (in relation to your rant). What are you actually doing?

Before you ask, yes I will be attending Ewood next season, the loons don't care about Rovers or haven't you noticed?

IMO, the club, our club, my club for 50 years, needs the ST money, as reduced ST sales = goodbye players of any value to make up the shortfall of cash.

IMO we should be organising a crusade to buy ST's to help support the 'neglected starved orphan' that we've become!

Exactly. Cutting off your nose to spite your face comes to mind.

So you think that the protest group BRAG has no role to play in any protest, because its someone elses turn?

I'm sorry Stuart but that is just complete and utter bunkum, they're a protest group, they arrange protests, or at least they did once upon a time.

To have anyone else taking up the mantle just splits the support even more.

BRAG have a membership, its the way to generate support by going through the correct channels, has credibility if the members want to act.

Anyway its not happening, the fans don't want it, so no point rowing over something that will never happen.

So by your logic the Action Group are the only group responsible, nay allowed, to organise protests? So by extension the fact that Venkys are still here is their fault alone.

What a crock of @#/?.

Unless the hardcore are moved to rail against Venkys then nothing will change. The Action Group aren't responsible, Venkys are, and those who haven't done their bit share some of that responsibility.

You seem more comfortable with staying away and watching your friends stay away than ruffling feathers. How very disappointing.

I do hope you do go to some away games Gav. If you see them play well you won't be able to resist going to Ewood. It's got to raise some old feelings, if not for you Debs will talk you into it. I know I sound like Parson or Chaddy now but when dyed in the blood supporters like you say they are not going I'm beginning to despair.

:tu:

ParsonBlue already told you his reasons and why he and his group wont be boycotting this season.

I agree with everyone of his posts today and reasons. He has put it miles better than I could have ever put it. so huge credit to ParsonBlue for his posts

I don't think the Blackpool game is a good idea due to Fans will be attending with family and kids. we don't want riot or injures if things get out of control.

A lot of the fans attending want to watch the game.

From my view, the best protests are the ones that aren't organised But when the Crowd in the stadium chanting Venkys out.

But yet again the biggest problem is the owners aren't in this country and wont know about it or be affected by it

​at the end of the day there is no right answer to this protest debate and never will be.

​I want My Club to have a good season this coming season and I will get behind the players during games despite my angered towards the owners.

Chaddy, with respect, I did not ask you, I asked Parson what he might be prepared to do in regards to protesting. If there was any idea or action he would partake in e.g. a protest before a game or at Ewood etc etc. I am not asking him to boycott this season and understand and respect his reasons for not doing so.

Regarding the underlined bit, how can a few thousand people chanting Venky's out to absentee owners be the best protests? Chances are no one will tell them about it. The only way they'll possibly notice is if it affects their income or gives them bad press.

Also, why would there be riots? When has this happened previously and why would it happen now?!

So by your logic the Action Group are the only group responsible, nay allowed, to organise protests? So by extension the fact that Venkys are still here is their fault alone.

What a crock of @#/?.

Unless the hardcore are moved to rail against Venkys then nothing will change. The Action Group aren't responsible, Venkys are, and those who haven't done their bit share some of that responsibility.

You seem more comfortable with staying away and watching your friends stay away than ruffling feathers. How very disappointing.

We just disagree Stuart, I'm not going to fall out with you over it.

Sorry to interrupt your crusade, but haven't you bought a season ticket? (apologies if I'm mistaken).

You just seem to be posting (repeatedly) on a message board, so how does this ensure you can hold your head up (in relation to your rant). What are you actually doing?

Before you ask, yes I will be attending Ewood next season, the loons don't care about Rovers or haven't you noticed?

IMO, the club, our club, my club for 50 years, needs the ST money, as reduced ST sales = goodbye players of any value to make up the shortfall of cash.

IMO we should be organising a crusade to buy ST's to help support the 'neglected starved orphan' that we've become!

Lol. Crusade.

This is why we are stuck with Venkys until the club goes bust. Because of people like you, Douglas, who are happy to shoot down those who want them out.

Season ticket sales cash goes exactly the same place as the player sales cash. Out of the club. Our running costs add to our debt.

If anything people could do to stick their season ticket money into an ISA and hand it over to the RoversTrust or whomever takes the club on when Venkys eventually go. I only hope that their empire crumbles soon after.

Our club was a fantastic institution before they came along. Something we could be proud of, even before Jack Walker. We were all fighting for the same thing. Now we are 'fighting' each other.

Chaddy, with respect, I did not ask you, I asked Parson what he might be prepared to do in regards to protesting. If there was any idea or action he would partake in e.g. a protest before a game or at Ewood etc etc. I am not asking him to boycott this season and understand and respect his reasons for doing so.

Regarding the underlined bit, how can a few thousand people chanting Venky's out to absentee owners be the best protests? Chances are no one will tell them about it. The only way they'll possibly notice is if it affects their income or gives them bad press.

Also, why would there be riots? When has this happened previously and why would it happen now?!

firstly, no problems with the first part of the post

Secondly, I have been told that the owners especially Balaji watching the games so the owners would hear it. Income doesn't really effect them cos the ST money isn't that great these days. Bad Press? haven't they had this already and nothing has change?

Riot was the wrong word to use but Crowd trouble. so my apologises there Mustard

Look at what happened when Blackpool went down, crowd trouble was there. I just don't want a repeat of it especially when you are taking young kids to games. Its a concern of mine. I just want to enjoy the game and watch my team play

We just disagree Stuart, I'm not going to fall out with you over it.

Likewise but it's difficult to see why you disagree with my point when, for anything to change, the hardcore simply must be a part of it.

Sadly, the only time that will happen is when the tub-thumping, almost self-parodying, 'we want Venkys out' rings out around Ewood when we are relegated. Too late by that point, people.

I could cope with being relegated if it meant a change of owners but relegation and that lot still taking the @#/?? That will take some coming back from for a lot of good fans (anyone still here now could certainly not be described as fickle).

I think People need to respect each other views and not keep falling out. Some people are for boycott and some arent. But people shouldnt be using this kind of stuff against people who aren't for boycotting games

"This is why we are stuck with Venkys until the club goes bust. Because of people like you, Douglas, who are happy to shoot down those who want them out."

It is always going to tough to unite our fanbase cos we have all different views on different topics.

firstly, no problems with the first part of the post

Secondly, I have been told that the owners especially Balaji watching the games so the owners would hear it. Income doesn't really effect them cos the ST money isn't that great these days. Bad Press? haven't they had this already and nothing has change?

Riot was the wrong word to use but Crowd trouble. so my apologises there Mustard

Look at what happened when Blackpool went down, crowd trouble was there. I just don't want a repeat of it especially when you are taking young kids to games. Its a concern of mine. I just want to enjoy the game and watch my team play

I can't see an organised protest during pre-season resulting in any trouble. Especially as the two sets of fans have common ground. A pre-season friendly is a little different to a game in which you get relegated.

Likewise but it's difficult to see why you disagree with my point when, for anything to change, the hardcore simply must be a part of it.

Sadly, the only time that will happen is when the tub-thumping, almost self-parodying, 'we want Venkys out' rings out around Ewood when we are relegated. Too late by that point, people.

I could cope with being relegated if it meant a change of owners but relegation and that lot still taking the @#/?? That will take some coming back from for a lot of good fans (anyone still here now could certainly not be described as fickle).

I've spent the past couple of seasons banging the drum about protest, the desire simply isn't their pal, look at the last game of last season, hardly a dissenting voice, darwen end aside, and thats after the only good decision Venkys have made in Paul Lambert walks away from the club.

I was the first over the fence at the end of the Wigan game, I was wound up like coiled spring over that Scotch drunk, but I was followed by around 20 others? the rest of the ground just didn't want to know, the place should have been swamped with protest that night, but it never happened.

So having been at the sharp end, I've now come to the conclusion that only organized protest will see any results. We have around 10,000 protesting week in week out by not attending, credit to them I say, but if we need further protest from anyone I feel its got to come from BRAG, because they have a membership and they have 'form' in this area.

The hardcore can join any protest, I'm not a member of BRAG myself but would happily stand alongside them if they decided enough is enough and we need to remove these ****s.

Please for the love of Christ can we ban the word "bunkum... Probably the most infuriating word since "chillax"

Get a grip Dunnfc.

The hardcore can join any protest, I'm not a member of BRAG myself but would happily stand alongside them if they decided enough is enough and we need to remove these ****s.

Get a grip Dunnfc.

When is enough enough?

We've been stripped bare and some fans still think the barstewards are doing OK.

I've always thought even since the early 70's when I first got a season ticket that Rover's fans sat on their hands to much and this what's happened over the last 6 yrs. Can't bring myself to get a season ticket till the scumbags have gone! 😠

There'll be more Rovers there than Blackpool I think as we'd sold 500 as of last week. Not much sign of a boycott there and I doubt many are going to stand outside protesting having bought a ticket.

Our lot will turn up in numbers and get behind the team as usual led by Ewood Blues & co. They are the types to lead protesting as then others will follow but they don't seem onside with that stuff. Until you get those types of loyalists going up against the cretins running the show then nothing will get done I don't think.

Prove a point to who Stuart? Its not going to even have an impact on Venkys is it? They dont attend games over here or have any business interest in this country apart from Rovers.

I can understand people getting annoyed and angry about the lack of interest in the club they shown in 6 years and their abality to learn from their mistakes. But would they ever admit to this?

And yes I am attending the Blackpool friendly with family and friends. Kids are looking forward to it now. Going to have a day out there and have fish and chips for tea after the game

Aye you would ...sigh

there has been plenty of protest ideas of all kinds over the months and years, most are just discussed briefly and casually then come to nothing, 'boycotting' is just the easiest form of protest in my opinion because it requires no physical effort or organising from the 'protester' unless its going to be followed up with actual protests outside the ground on match days(or something like that)

Also to whom it may concern!!

Sorry, Elvis Mcsmithy is/was me also, I've had signing in problems and the only account that I could access was that one which was created very briefly years ago, sorted now though (mods/admin can delete that account now if they feel it necessary)[/quote

I'm m boycotting not because it's easy Ffs but because I can't can't give these scum another blood penny ... You have not attended and boasted about it and now you decide to go .. Ha Chaddy Mk2

Archived