BRFCS

BY THE FANS, FOR THE FANS
SINCE 1996
Proudly partnered with TheTerraceStore.com

[Archived] No To Coyle

One of their songs was (kinda) about Back to the Future, possibly the best film ever, so I'll give them that.

:lol: :lol:

Give over SKH, its a decent kids film but possibly the best ever?!

• Replies 1k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

It's brilliant, you can watch it 10 times and notice something new each time. Very under-rated for how clever it is and not seen a time-travel film done better (unless you count Primer). Anyway I'd better stop going off topic, too long on ICBINF :)

Fair play, its all about opinions pal.

It's brilliant, you can watch it 10 times and notice something new each time. Very under-rated for how clever it is and not seen a time-travel film done better (unless you count Primer). Anyway I'd better stop going off topic, too long on ICBINF :)

I enjoyed all of them and would love a fourth.

Back to the Future is obviously a classic, but the sequels would've been better had Crispin Glover not fallen out with the directors.

I also hope someone gets their hands on the Eric Stoltz version one of these days.

Saw an article earlier in the US media about Houston Dynamos since Coyle left and they've lost only once in 8 games.

Under Coyle they'd lost 6 games in the previous 10.

Things are looking up in Houston, but it does still beg the question what we saw in Owen to bring him back over here and give him the managerial position at Ewood :rock:

Saw an article earlier in the US media about Houston Dynamos since Coyle left and they've lost only once in 8 games.

Things are looking up in Houston, but it does still beg the question what we saw in Owen to bring him back over here and give him the managerial position at Ewood :rock:

$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$DIRTYMONEY$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$4CLEANMONEY££££££££££££££££££££££££££££

We should get their manager next after FKW fails. Probably got the wrong agent though.

Wiff Waff anyone?

We sold a fair few during the sixties - Pickering, England, Hole, Ferguson, Knighton, Newton - let's be honest who would have paid money for some of the others in the late sixties. In the seventies we again sold anyone who was any good - Hunter, Jones, Bradshaw, Oates, Hird, Bailey. The Championship winning squad broke up fairly quickly over a short period of time.

I think we have always had a high turnover of players but the difference between the Jack Walker/Walker Trust era and today is that we invested a decent chunk of transfer fees received into buying quality replacements. Today I think is closer to the sixties and seventies when replacements are not anywhere near the same standard of those being sold. Bowyer managed to bring in some quality in Marshall, Cairney, Conway and Gestede, but clearly not enough and, of course, two of those have been sold and a Marshall will possibly be on his way at some point this summer. Whether Coyle can bring in enough quality to keep us afloat without spending money remains to be seen.

Why do you allow yourself to believe that what Venkys have done - and continue to do - is in any way normal.

They HAVE money.

If anything they are playing with the fans' emotions. They are turning us into the Rovers of the 70s and 80s, not because they have to but because the choose to.

It's perverse.

Does he make any references to our great and wonderful overlords?

John Williams had warned him club was up for sale.

Agreed to move to ah ahli while still our manager but Rovers wouldnt release him and waive right to compensation, and al ahli wouldn't pay it.

After takeover he knew his days were numbered and it became clear Jerome Anderson was going to have a big say in running the club.

Jerome presented SA with a list of players he wanted him to sign, Sam had his own list.

Desai wanted answers after 7-1 defeat at United, Sam said he needed players, his players not jeromes.

Shocked that Kean was put in charge, spoke to him a few days later and Kean claimed he knew nothing about it prior to it happening.

**all above is in Sam Allardyces book incase people arent following**

You are all over this site all of a sudden and your message is basically "keep calm and carry on, it's not as bad as you think.

Plenty said that when Kean was appointed.

I'm very suspicious of posters like you tbh.

You and a few other posters on here have been turned insane with this whole debacle. You've lost all rationality. Just because I differ in opinion to you doesn't make me a 'troll', doesn't make me any less of a fan and certainly doesn't mean I'm something to be suspicious of. Take a breath.

And people should quit questioning my posting. I am active, then I disappear because I've either not got the time or not able to access the messageboard 24/7. Who are you to even throw things like this into question?

Why do you allow yourself to believe that what Venkys have done - and continue to do - is in any way normal.

They HAVE money.

If anything they are playing with the fans' emotions. They are turning us into the Rovers of the 70s and 80s, not because they have to but because the choose to.

It's perverse.

I believe the club is going through tough times. The owners have put money into some areas of the club - the Academy for one. Season ticket prices have been pretty decent. Clearly, they don't want to spend huge amounts of money on transfers after having their fingers burnt under Kean and Shebby etc. Do I think they will get this club back to the Premier League - no, I very much doubt it. Would I have chosen Coyle as manager - no, but I'll give him a chance to prove me wrong. I can't make them spend their money on my club, I can't make them choose a manager that I approve of. I have no influence over those things. The only choice I have to make is whether to support my club or decide that I don't want to support it under the present circumstances. I've chosen to support it. As a result I had a great day today with friends at Charnock Richard watching the Under-21's.

John Williams had warned him club was up for sale.

Agreed to move to ah ahli while still our manager but Rovers wouldnt release him and waive right to compensation, and al ahli wouldn't pay it.

After takeover he knew his days were numbered and it became clear Jerome Anderson was going to have a big say in running the club.

Jerome presented SA with a list of players he wanted him to sign, Sam had his own list.

Desai wanted answers after 7-1 defeat at United, Sam said he needed players, his players not jeromes.

Shocked that Kean was put in charge, spoke to him a few days later and Kean claimed he knew nothing about it prior to it happening.

**all above is in Sam Allardyces book incase people arent following**

Thanks for that.[emoji1]

Makes interesting reading and not as black and white as it actually appeared...

You and a few other posters on here have been turned insane with this whole debacle. You've lost all rationality. Just because I differ in opinion to you doesn't make me a 'troll', doesn't make me any less of a fan and certainly doesn't mean I'm something to be suspicious of. Take a breath.

And people should quit questioning my posting. I am active, then I disappear because I've either not got the time or not able to access the messageboard 24/7. Who are you to even throw things like this into question?

You have stated what you believe, that me and a "few other posters have been turned insane" and " have lost all rationality".

I have stated my belief that anyone who thinks we should just keep calm and carry on is either an idiot or a troll. What you think of that doesn't concern me.

I believe the club is going through tough times. The owners have put money into some areas of the club - the Academy for one. Season ticket prices have been pretty decent. Clearly, they don't want to spend huge amounts of money on transfers after having their fingers burnt under Kean and Shebby etc. Do I think they will get this club back to the Premier League - no, I very much doubt it. Would I have chosen Coyle as manager - no, but I'll give him a chance to prove me wrong. I can't make them spend their money on my club, I can't make them choose a manager that I approve of. I have no influence over those things. The only choice I have to make is whether to support my club or decide that I don't want to support it under the present circumstances. I've chosen to support it. As a result I had a great day today with friends at Charnock Richard watching the Under-21's.

That's a slightly different statement that your previous ones that we are simply back to the pre-Walker days.

However, you do have an influence, if you wanted to use it. We all do. As a for instance, people such as yourself would NEVER not attend a league or cup game, home or away, yet the Blackpool v Rovers friendly is an absolute no-brainer. Not a single fan of either club should attend. Not one. A ticketed friendly without a single ticket sold. With anybody planning to go instead outside the ground protesting. It doesn't directly hurt Venkys financially but it let's them know there is a problem.

This 'fingers burned by Kean and Shebby' is a total red herring too. They have had enough people at the club since then and they still do not change. Money is disappearing out of our club, and the debt that they themselves have created is making us more reliant on them. Again, it's perverse. They always do just enough to appease the hardcore 'look they've signed Danny Graham', they may yet make Hanley and improved contract offer to show how much they care. Trinkets for their battered child.

That's a slightly different statement that your previous ones that we are simply back to the pre-Walker days.

However, you do have an influence, if you wanted to use it. We all do. As a for instance, people such as yourself would NEVER not attend a league or cup game, home or away, yet the Blackpool v Rovers friendly is an absolute no-brainer. Not a single fan of either club should attend. Not one. A ticketed friendly without a single ticket sold. With anybody planning to go instead outside the ground protesting. It doesn't directly hurt Venkys financially but it let's them know there is a problem.

This 'fingers burned by Kean and Shebby' is a total red herring too. They have had enough people at the club since then and they still do not change. Money is disappearing out of our club, and the debt that they themselves have created is making us more reliant on them. Again, it's perverse. They always do just enough to appease the hardcore 'look they've signed Danny Graham', they may yet make Hanley and improved contract offer to show how much they care. Trinkets for their battered child.

Money is certainly disappearing from out club for certain. Look at the prominent sales in just the last year. Gestede, Cairney Rhodes and now probably Hanley. I reckon those four combined will top £25 Million. Chances are very little or none if it will be spent and you can bet your bottom dollar, we still post a loss.

Since Venky's rolled up, player sales and TV money has topped £350M yet we are over £100M in debt. Something does not add up.

Money is certainly disappearing from out club for certain. Look at the prominent sales in just the last year. Gestede, Cairney Rhodes and now probably Hanley. I reckon those four combined will top £25 Million. Chances are very little or none if it will be spent and you can bet your bottom dollar, we still post a loss.

Since Venky's rolled up, player sales and TV money has topped £350M yet we are over £100M in debt. Something does not add up.

Yet the Rovers Fans refuse not only to make a stand but refuse to accept the scum are doing anything wrong .

Everything is great in the land of the cluckers ... Some even , mind bogglingly , are predicting top 10.

If you want to believe that you can have an influence on things that's up to you Stuart. I've made my decision, as have my friends, and we shall continue watching the Rovers - home and away - as we have always done. A number of friends went to Austria at the weekend and enjoyed the trip. At the end of the day it's down to personal choice. I assume you have decided not to go to games which is fair enough, that's your choice.

Fans can have an influence parson . It's taken me until this season to do it . Boycotting season tickets has them panicking, look at the letters they've been sending out albeit photocopies and bog standard.

Fans can have an influence parson . It's taken me until this season to do it . Boycotting season tickets has them panicking, look at the letters they've been sending out albeit photocopies and bog standard.

I fear that it has Cheston and the people employed at Ewood panicking.The V's may well not give a hoot.

Yet the FD just got promoted!

If Venkys are smart business people then the debt at Rovers is deliberate. A loss making enterprise for tax purposes? If I was HRMC, I'd be wondering why that is given the perception of player sales and income.

If Venkys are dumb business people then the debt at Rovers is a big concern (not to them obviously - THEY'RE DUMB - in your best George Carlin voice). This means that despite the outgoings our running costs are outstripping player sales and parachutes. This means that we are continuing to pay ridiculous wages for bang-average footballers. There are teams doing better than us at clubs run better than us, with players paid a small percentage of ours.

If the latter is true then the game is up and it's only a matter of time before liquidation.

YET... in such a scenario we have fabulously wealthy owners who could turn this on its head in and instant: but they're DUMB!

In the former scenario, wages are too high but they are loaded against debt, and continue to be. If Venkys are smart then they will also have protected themselves against an risk - which also means liquidation!

So either way, we are screwed. Is it any wonder people aren't happy for them to ignore Seneca and to employ Coyle and continue with the status quo. Corbynesque levels of arrogance and ignorance: "the real fans can see what we are trying to do".

I fear that it has Cheston and the people employed at Ewood panicking.The V's may well not give a hoot.

That's how I see it, probably panicking over their own job security.

The owners appear to have so little interest that it would appear that we have to try and balance the books ourselves (the club, fans and sponsors etc.).

I reckon you are right and I think it is more the embarrassment of the small numbers sold than the revenue, to be honest. I have just carried out a simple calculation, based on what I can find on Google and the TV/ premier league income from 2010 has topped £180M. If you add to that the sales of Jones, Samba, Givet, Kalinic, Rochina, Nzoni, Rhodes, Gestede, Cairney, Olsson, Hoilett and others, season ticket sales are a drop in the ocean.

I really don't buy into that argument Abbey. I really don't think that the owners are going to be influenced by a few thousand fans not coming into the stadium. The money that they would lose would be minimal and they clearly aren't bothered about bad publicity because it doesn't have any impact on their core business interests which are not based in the UK. Sending letters out is nothing new - we had Mark Hughes doing a taped phone call to fans who hadn't renewed at one point. I suspect the letters are simply part of the normal marketing routine at Ewood to whip up support before the claim your own seat deadline. At the end of the day there has to be a club at the end of Venky's ownership. I look at Portsmouth and the mess that they got in and yet their average attendances stood up remarkably well so they had solid foundations on which to build after the foreign owners all departed the scene. As I've said before, it's a personal choice and I suspect that season ticket sales will probably fall to around the 8,000 mark by the time the season starts. Clearly people have different views on the subject which isn't, or shouldn't be a problem. I know how difficult it is for folk like yourself to stop going and respect that decision. However, the friends I go with have come to a different conclusion and are passionate about continuing their support for the club no matter what. I honestly don't believe there is a right or wrong answer to this.

Archived