BRFCS

BY THE FANS, FOR THE FANS
SINCE 1996
Proudly partnered with TheTerraceStore.com

[Archived] No To Coyle

You are all over this site all of a sudden and your message is basically "keep calm and carry on, it's not as bad as you think.

Plenty said that when Kean was appointed.

I'm very suspicious of posters like you tbh.

"Suspicious" why? What do you think he's going to do ffs.

Im more suspicious of the poopstirers that pop up on here, the ones that you're always the first to defend(cough formerbragmembers cough)

• Replies 1k
  • Created
  • Last Reply
  • Backroom

You don't find many successful managers in their prime having to manage in the States. Coyle was there for a reason and I'm sure we'll be witness to that reason in due course.

It's a shame a lot of the anti-venky's sentiment seems to have evaporated and been replaced with the tired "get behind the lads" cliché. I suppose it's inevitable when the owners are seemingly immune from attack and most fans are simply choosing to walk away and find something better to do than pay to be treated like a fool.

"Suspicious" why? What do you think he's going to do ffs.

Im more suspicious of the poopstirers that pop up on here, the ones that you're always the first to defend(cough formerbragmembers cough)

What do I think he's going to do? Wind us up of course!

Deliberate in his case, hapless in your's.

Good point rigger but I think all three are good probabilities England are garbage at football do you not think ? and Leicester did have the best team in the premiership but many fell for the so called bigger clubs on paper whilst the Welsh also had a better team and management team than Englands.

There's non no blinder than the English right now wether it be the fans the football or the politics.

Had you been asked pre tournament /pre season would your answers have been the same? Hindsight, it's a wonderful thing!

• Moderation Lead

Had you been asked pre tournament /pre season would your answers have been the same? Hindsight, it's a wonderful thing!

An all expenses paid trip to what looks like a lovely setting in Austria? Anyone would be all over that, Hanley will have been well aware of Newcastle's interest for a while, as long as he's got phone signal/wi-fi there he's sorted! He can come back in a heartbeat!

'Well, it's a massive club, and I get the chance to work with such a great manager. It was too good an opportunity to turn down'.

The predictable soundbites will emanate, then he'll clear off and be replaced by someone of lesser quality on about 3p a week who's grateful to be here, but absolutely crap at defending (which incidentally he'll have to do a heck of a lot of).

I've no crystal ball or owt, I just know a wrong'un when I see one and Venky's, are the epitomy of wrong'uns!

• Moderation Lead

An all expenses paid trip to what looks like a lovely setting in Austria? Anyone would be all over that, Hanley will have been well aware of Newcastle's interest for a while, as long as he's got phone signal/wi-fi there he's sorted! He can come back in a heartbeat!

'Well, it's a massive club, and I get the chance to work with such a great manager. It was too good an opportunity to turn down'.

The predictable soundbites will emanate, then he'll clear off and be replaced by someone of lesser quality on about 3p a week who's grateful to be here, but absolutely crap at defending (which incidentally he'll have to do a heck of a lot of).

I've no crystal ball or owt, I just know a wrong'un when I see one and Venky's, are the epitomy of wrong'uns!

Bloody hell the guys probably a multi millionaire and he's achieved note than the rest of the players in our squad are likely ever going to achieve combined, i hardly think he needs to be scabbin around for free holidays.

• Moderation Lead

Bloody hell the guys probably a multi millionaire and he's achieved note than the rest of the players in our squad are likely ever going to achieve combined, i hardly think he needs to be scabbin around for free holidays.

I think you've missed the point..... I was meaning that, why wouldn't you go on a pre-season tour rather than waiting around near Chorley (where I believe he lives) for the phone to ring?

I think you've missed the point..... I was meaning that, why wouldn't you go on a pre-season tour rather than waiting around near Chorley (where I believe he lives) for the phone to ring?

I think the answer is fairly simple K-Hod. When the Rovers left there had been no bid by Newcastle. As a Rovers' player Hanley was contracted to go to the training camp. Until terms are agreed, he remains a Rovers player. There is nothing new in the Rovers selling players. Look at their history and you will see that is how the club has functioned in the main. If Hanley goes, and I would expect him to leave, the club will no doubt sign Brown. Again, nothing new in the Rovers selling good young players and replacing them with older players at the end of their career. We've seen it all before at Ewood.

I imagine he could just as easily have been sat on a yacht in the south of france waiting for his phone to ring.

He's Grant Hanley not Ronaldo. He lives/lived on Buckshaw village and used to drink in the War Horse, Dantes, Ley Inn and many more. He won't be a multi millionaire yet but this kind of move will probably guarantee him that in time. Another reason it will be a goer.

• Moderation Lead

I think the answer is fairly simple K-Hod. When the Rovers left there had been no bid by Newcastle. As a Rovers' player Hanley was contracted to go to the training camp. Until terms are agreed, he remains a Rovers player. There is nothing new in the Rovers selling players. Look at their history and you will see that is how the club has functioned in the main. If Hanley goes, and I would expect him to leave, the club will no doubt sign Brown. Again, nothing new in the Rovers selling good young players and replacing them with older players at the end of their career. We've seen it all before at Ewood.

Not arguing with any of that, Parson. Just that it continues to be infuriating that we're selling off our most saleable assets to pay off debts that Venky's caused while simultaneously continuing our downgrade under their watch. Absolutely sickening. To make matters even worse, Burnley are on their best run in years.

I hate football sometimes.

Makes everything ok then

Not arguing with any of that, Parson. Just that it continues to be infuriating that we're selling off our most saleable assets to pay off debts that Venky's caused while simultaneously continuing our downgrade under their watch. Absolutely sickening. To make matters even worse, Burnley are on their best run in years.

I hate football sometimes.

And there for me is the rub. The absolute mismanagement of the club in the last six years has culminated in several sales and the money has never been seen again. Cairney, King Gestede and Rhodes alone brought in a significant amount but hardly any has been reinvested on the playing side. It has primarily gone on keeping the losses down and probably gone on paying wages. Hanley going will just be a continuation of this absurd policy of downgrading everything.

There's nothing new in us kicking off at -3pm on a Saturday afternoon either PB BUT once again the current situation at the club is utterly unprecedented. I have seen nothing like it in my decades of following Rovers.

I have posted a few tines that the figures never seem to add up. Another £5 million added to the player sales and Premier league money, makes no odds. It disappears with the rest of it to the big black hole were so far over £400m has gone since VH Group walked through the door. Some can be accounted for, but plenty can't.

Cost cut on one hand then constantly carry on wasting money will the other, the clubs money by the way via tv payments, player sales etc not theirs. We close things down, sell players, release players, get rid of big earners then continue to have a revolving door manager & coaches policy which continues to cost money.

No doubt the debt keeps escalating somewhere whilst agents and whoever get their % and I bet the V's themselves have barely spent a dollar of their own stash. Maybe now over the last 12 months they are trying to scrape it back or something but it would certainly seem the club is funding itself whilst putting sticking plasters over the holes it creates. If that's the case there's no need for them to be here anymore, just feck off !!!

Thinking about it it's probably the BOI has them over a barrel by having some assets as security for it all. The might want to bail but they'd lose millions of pounds assets in doing so so on it rumbles leaving their advisors/partners in charge again.

One day this charade will just implode right out of the blue.

Thinking about it it's probably the BOI has them over a barrel by having some assets as security for it all. The might want to bail but they'd lose millions of pounds assets in doing so so on it rumbles leaving their advisors/partners in charge again.

One day this charade will just implode right out of the blue.

I'm of the view there's something like this brewing, which is why it's infuriating that some try to explain things away with Woy Logic, 'These Things Happen'

Makes everything ok then

It's simply nothing new. We've always sold players and more often than not replaced them with inferior ones. I stopped getting upset about it after Fred Pickering was replaced by George Jones. Sold Pickering to Everton at a time when they were going for the title with us and replaced him with a youngster who we got for a fraction of the price that we received for Fred. That was done by folk who actually cared about the club so I don't really expect more of owners who are simply here as a business venture.

Archived