BRFCS

BY THE FANS, FOR THE FANS
SINCE 1996
Proudly partnered with TheTerraceStore.com

[Archived] No To Coyle

• Replies 1k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

In response to DunnFC's posts, I have to disagree. Sure Lambert was very downbeat, but he may have been getting disillusioned with the chicken chokers. Coyle may be a happy chappy, as I would be after leaving the USA's most backward state for a cushy job with no demands, but he has been a pretty poo manager since that promotion with the Dingles. I don't care if he 'gives a good presser', it is the results that matter. Steve Coppell was the most boring man on Earth but he was a pretty good manager, yet Paolo Di Canio was box office gold and was terrible at Sunderland. The game is played on the pitch not in a room with a few journalists.

I think Coyle is a very dodgy appointment, and a sign that either other candidates were ignored by a shoddy recruitment process or that no-one of a higher quality would go anywhere near the club. In the seasons before Venky's took over, we were linked with managers like Laudrup, Ten Cate, Allardyce (who obviously signed). Now we were linked with a Man Utd youth coach, Paul Jewell and Craig Hignett before Coyle got the job. That is a significant downgrade in ambition, in ability and in desire to succeed. It's not good enough being a chirpy character if you can't create a decent squad and manage them well.

I didn't slam Coyle. I just don't get how he has improved optimism and delight at being part of BRFC. My optimism is less than it might have been if we'd appointed someone with recent success on their cv, and it will take a lot more than the appointment of Coyle to kindle any real enthusiasm, let alone delight. I don't think the choice of management has given us any positive PR, and I'm reserving judgement on the signings he's made as, other than Graham and Feeney, I know nothing of any of them. Stokes I'd heard of in connection with the Irish stuff, not football. Talk is easy. The crunch will come a few weeks in when reality bites. Ewood has been an increasingly depressing place since Hughes left. Under Allardyce that was bearable because we won more than we lost. But nowadays each match gets harder to watch and enjoy.

You go to Ewood and enjoy it; the majority of us want a lot more than what has been served up season on season. If Coyle delivers results then some will again find pleasure in going to Ewood. It will take more than that to entice many, myself included, back.

Coyle has impressed me with his enthusiasm and optimism but he will be judge by Results.

I really hope that Coyle has learnt a lot about the fitness side of the game from his time in the USA.

Of course he's positive, he's landed on his feet with this job, a Job normal owners would have been nowhere near him, its Gary bowyer mark 2, saying positive things to stay in with the owners, are you really that gullible?

A lot of managers at this level have failed at least 1 club or been sacked by a club at this level

Coyle has impressed me with his enthusiasm and optimism but he will be judge by Results.

I really hope that Coyle has learnt a lot about the fitness side of the game from his time in the USA.

A lot of managers at this level have failed at least 1 club or been sacked by a club at this level

What's he learned about fitness in a few months in USA that he hasn't learned in 30 years over here ?

WHAT ABOUT FAILING IN HIS LAST 3!!!!!!! JOBS

was he a failure at Houston?

Wigan went worse after Coyle left

What's he learned about fitness in a few months in USA that he hasn't learned in 30 years over here ?

he was in the United states for over 18 months.

They are very big on fitness over there.

Then why were you threatening not to renew if he was appointed?

was he a failure at Houston?.........er yup

Wigan went worse after Coyle left....haha

They are very big on fitness over there....have you ever been and seen how "fit" they are?

Then why were you threatening not to renew if he was appointed?

so true yet he glosses over it like venkyscum do with fans views

They are very big on fitness over here and have been for a decade or more. The only thing he'll have noticed is young yank athletes take their personal fitness very seriously as it's bred into them from their schools etc.

That won't make any difference here unless he signs some American players. British footballers have always been amongst the most fit in the world anyway it's all we've ever really been renowned for in the past 40 yrs.

so true yet he glosses over it like venkyscum do with fans views

on Fitness in the USA? Suggest you look at the NBA Fitness routines that are done in Basketball.

everyone is entitled to their views have I already said this before.

All different views should be RESPECTED!!!

Over the last 18 months I've probably written less about the Houston Dynamo than any other team in the league, and it's for one main reason: I was never really able to figure out what they were trying to do under Owen Coyle. I understood their lineup was intended to be a 4-2-3-1 of some sort, which gives you the basic clues (these two guys hold; this one creates; this guy hopefully scores some goals), and I understood a few of the individual roles that players were supposed to be playing.

************************************************************************************************************
Why? Coyle would just sit him. *outdated joke but couldn't help myself*

Can't get over that Coyle set back the rebuild a couple of years. UGH!

************************************************************************************

on Fitness in the USA? Suggest you look at the NBA Fitness routines that are done in Basketball.

everyone is entitled to their views have I already said this before.

All different views should be RESPECTED!!!

you think i dont know american sport?

so coyle is training NBA stars....hahahha different fitness

answered already. refer back to that

I can understand that you want to give Coyle a chance, but there was clearly a reason why you were put off by his arrival. But now you're defending his managerial record.

Probabilities suggest hes not going to succeed.

Blind leading the blind !

Probability suggests Leicester can't win the Premiership, Wales can't get to the EURO's semi-final, Iceland can't beat England,

In the land of the blind, the one eyed man is king!

Probability suggests Leicester can't win the Premiership, Wales can't get to the EURO's semi-final, Iceland can't beat England,

Good point rigger but I think all three are good probabilities England are garbage at football do you not think ? and Leicester did have the best team in the premiership but many fell for the so called bigger clubs on paper whilst the Welsh also had a better team and management team than Englands.

There's non no blinder than the English right now wether it be the fans the football or the politics.

That's right actually. Nobody was more disappointed with Coyle's appointment than me. Well, with the possible exception of arbitro. But in football you just never know. Sadly we are clutching at straws and hoping that lightning will strike twice and he'll 'do another Burnley'.

I can't see it myself but if anyone thinks they can confidently predict how any team's season will pan out in this league in July, well good luck to you.

Archived