BRFCS

BY THE FANS, FOR THE FANS
SINCE 1996
Proudly partnered with TheTerraceStore.com

[Archived] No To Coyle

are you sure its not an egg McMuffin & doughnuts. sigh... ( ;) )

does seem a strange time though, surely the majority of people that have used the corporate facilities are working people and would likely be at work, are you certain its not an error?

• Replies 1k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

are you sure its not an egg McMuffin & doughnuts. sigh... ( ;) )

does seem a strange time though, surely the majority of people that have used the corporate facilities are working people and would likely be at work, are you certain its not an error?

No too sure about that, but herrings of the red variety are possibly in abundance!

No too sure about that, but herrings of the red variety are possibly in abundance!

It is being marketed as a Breakfast Q & A session, so definitely not an error.

Not too sure if anyone else has had this,or is aware of it, but I had an E Mail from the club today. The E Mail was inviting me to a Q & A session with Coyle, that is taking place on 12th July in the Red Rose suite from 8.00am to 9.30am. The E Mail suggests that they are extending the invite to people who have purchased corporate hospitality in the past.

Who they have invited up to now, I do not know, but there is no mention of cost, so I am assuming it is free. I am not attending by the way, but thought it was worth a mention.

If you do decide to attend leave your credit card at home, seen this type of operation before, get you in, feed you, then some sun tanned snake oil salesman with a bad memory of his failures and past employment and wearing shorts will try and sell you the earth, you will end up with a time share of an apartment on dodgy land on the outskirts of Pune. :)

If you do decide to attend leave your credit card at home, seen this type of operation before, get you in, feed you, then some sun tanned snake oil salesman with a bad memory of his failures and past employment and wearing shorts will try and sell you the earth, you will end up with a time share of an apartment on dodgy land on the outskirts of Pune. :)

Superb!!!

I like it and get what you mean. I won't be attending, but it would be interesting if anyone who is going, posts the questions and answers given.

It's a good idea to try and get the corporates back on side. more money in their matchday spend than a bunch of ST's on the terraces. Considering talk was flying around there of the mythical 15 million budget for Lambert this season then I'd be interested to know their take on that one now.

Then again no because it was just bulldust put about hoping a few would sign up for this coming season in advance no doubt. Couldn't lie straight on the floor if they were poleaxed some of those running the show.

Having to listen to Lambert's groan and moan for 6 months. OC's enthusiasm is a significant betterment. How long it will last i have my doubts.

so if lambert had said positive things instead of telling it like we all know it is things would have been better? Lambert's job wasn't pr. That's what you're supposed to have a press officer for. Lambert's job was to manage a football team, a job he was supposed to do with at least one hand tied behind his back!

so if lambert had said positive things instead of telling it like we all know it is things would have been better? Lambert's job wasn't pr. That's what you're supposed to have a press officer for. Lambert's job was to manage a football team, a job he was supposed to do with at least one hand tied behind his back!

So your prepared to slam a new manager whom has at least shown an aptitude for improving optimism and delight at being part of BRFC? It's good PR he shows an interest in the club rather than derailing it at any opportunity. Speaking of Lambert, is he back in the game? Sounds as if he's struggling; http://www.bbc.co.uk/sport/football/36428467

Whether Lambert had a crud deal or not it isn't his role to project his negativity on anyone or use any media outlet to digress his apparent display at personal promises not being met. That's just an appalling lack of professionalism and the guy became a predictive bore towards the end of his tenure.

He used any excuse he could. Got found out and moved on. Not a fan of Coyle personally but a sound start.

K@@n was enthusiastic. #coyleout

True, time will tell Abbs.

It will all come down to results. Always have, always will.

Hate seeing his name on here but it's worth noting the toad Kean would've been liked if he'd propelled us up the league. Hell, the egg head would've probably been poached by now if we'd been in Europe or "won a cup, no problem" (the deluded fools own words!)

I'm not confident in Coyle at all, but I'm at least more expectant for the season to see a new shape, style, players etc.

The fingers should be firmly pointed at the top. Even if OC fails miserably, an out campaign has pro's and cons. No idea how we change the owners minds, or simply "change" the owners but their vacuous leadership is still holding us back.

So your prepared to slam a new manager whom has at least shown an aptitude for improving optimism and delight at being part of BRFC? It's good PR he shows an interest in the club rather than derailing it at any opportunity. Speaking of Lambert, is he back in the game? Sounds as if he's struggling; http://www.bbc.co.uk/sport/football/36428467

Whether Lambert had a crud deal or not it isn't his role to project his negativity on anyone or use any media outlet to digress his apparent display at personal promises not being met. That's just an appalling lack of professionalism and the guy became a predictive bore towards the end of his tenure.

He used any excuse he could. Got found out and moved on. Not a fan of Coyle personally but a sound start.

I didn't slam Coyle. I just don't get how he has improved optimism and delight at being part of BRFC. My optimism is less than it might have been if we'd appointed someone with recent success on their cv, and it will take a lot more than the appointment of Coyle to kindle any real enthusiasm, let alone delight. I don't think the choice of management has given us any positive PR, and I'm reserving judgement on the signings he's made as, other than Graham and Feeney, I know nothing of any of them. Stokes I'd heard of in connection with the Irish stuff, not football. Talk is easy. The crunch will come a few weeks in when reality bites. Ewood has been an increasingly depressing place since Hughes left. Under Allardyce that was bearable because we won more than we lost. But nowadays each match gets harder to watch and enjoy.

You go to Ewood and enjoy it; the majority of us want a lot more than what has been served up season on season. If Coyle delivers results then some will again find pleasure in going to Ewood. It will take more than that to entice many, myself included, back.

Time has already told in his last THREE jobs ..

This is the E Mail I received, for anyone Interested. Out of Interest has anyone else had it and is anyone attending?

Good afternoon

Hope all is good and you’re enjoying the summer close season.

I’m delighted to confirm details below of the ‘Breakfast Q&A with Owen Coyle’. This is a special invite only event extended to Corporate Hospitality Members, Partners, Advertisers and other selected special invitees. However we have 10 places left that we are extending to those who have previously purchased a hospitality package from us in the past.

They will be given out on a first come first serve basis so please confirm if you are able to attend asap to avoid disappointment:

Breakfast Q & A with Owen Coyle – 12th July, 8am arrival until 9:30am approx

Red Rose Suite – Ewood Park, parking at the Blackburn End of the ground

Northcote Breakfast canapés with Tea / Coffee & Juice provided

Business Card Draw – For a Table x 2 in our Premier Suite at the 1st game of the Season

If you have any questions please feel free to contact me anytime.

I look forward to hearing back from you soon.

Kind regards

Craig

It will all come down to results. Always have, always will.

Hate seeing his name on here but it's worth noting the toad Kean would've been liked if he'd propelled us up the league. Hell, the egg head would've probably been poached by now if we'd been in Europe or "won a cup, no problem" (the deluded fools own words!)

I'm not confident in Coyle at all, but I'm at least more expectant for the season to see a new shape, style, players etc.

The fingers should be firmly pointed at the top. Even if OC fails miserably, an out campaign has pro's and cons. No idea how we change the owners minds, or simply "change" the owners but their vacuous leadership is still holding us back.

The deluded one will no doubt have the league cup on his CV now and the next story in the mirror will probably back it up. He would have won it of course had he not thrown the semi final, as there was an important league game the following weekend!!!!

I didn't slam Coyle. I just don't get how he has improved optimism and delight at being part of BRFC. My optimism is less than it might have been if we'd appointed someone with recent success on their cv, and it will take a lot more than the appointment of Coyle to kindle any real enthusiasm, let alone delight. I don't think the choice of management has given us any positive PR, and I'm reserving judgement on the signings he's made as, other than Graham and Feeney, I know nothing of any of them. Stokes I'd heard of in connection with the Irish stuff, not football. Talk is easy. The crunch will come a few weeks in when reality bites. Ewood has been an increasingly depressing place since Hughes left. Under Allardyce that was bearable because we won more than we lost. But nowadays each match gets harder to watch and enjoy.

You go to Ewood and enjoy it; the majority of us want a lot more than what has been served up season on season. If Coyle delivers results then some will again find pleasure in going to Ewood. It will take more than that to entice many, myself included, back.

Are you sure that if we are in the top 6 that you won't be tempted to buy a half season ticket? A lot would be.

Of course he's positive, he's landed on his feet with this job, a Job normal owners would have been nowhere near him, its Gary bowyer mark 2, saying positive things to stay in with the owners, are you really that gullible?

Of course he's positive, he's landed on his feet with this job, a Job normal owners would have been nowhere near him, its Gary bowyer mark 2, saying positive things to stay in with the owners, are you really that gullible?

I bet he cannot believe his luck at landing this gig on his doorstep under these owners via his/their connections. I think that shows in his and his boys over enthusiasm, not saying that's a bad thing but the true test comes when we are struggling for wins. If he talks sensibly then fair enough but if he constantly goes all Kean/Bowyer then we'll have problems.

This job needs a touch of hyperbole after the gloom but it also needs a large dose of realism otherwise there'll soon be a witch hunt for him. He can't lose either way though because he'll get a nice pay off then disappear for a while only to turn up at Fleetwood or somewhere in a year or two.

I suspect the owners/partners can't lose either, a host of ready made excuses with the new puppet and they know it.

Archived