BRFCS

BY THE FANS, FOR THE FANS
SINCE 1996
Proudly partnered with TheTerraceStore.com

[Archived] No To Coyle

"Are you sure that if we are in the top 6 that you won't be tempted to buy a half season ticket? A lot would be." Al asked

Oddly enough I asked my husband this morning this same question. His reply was along the lines I was thinking. There's too much gone on for it to be that easy. There would need to be far more change than just a top 6 place. We are already without a place to sit as they closed the bbe upper so going back would not be going to Ewood as we used to. It's the end of an era and we won't be back any time soon. We've been sucked back twice already by apparent improvements, Kean leaving, the appointment of Lambert. Not a 3rd time. It would have to be better than that

• Replies 1k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Good point rigger but I think all three are good probabilities England are garbage at football do you think they were any different and Leicester had the best team in the premiership but many fell for the so called bigger clubs on paper whilst the Welsh did have a better team and management team than Englands.

There's non no blinder than the English right now wether it be the fans the football or the politics.

Point 1, I don't think the English players are garbage at football. I think they didn't perform at the competition . Point 2 I still don't think Leicester had the best team in the premiership (my own opinion only, I am entitled to it). Point 3 If Wales had a better team than England, how come we beat them?

Point 1, I don't think the English players are garbage at football. I think they didn't perform at the competition . Point 2 I still don't think Leicester had the best team in the premiership (my own opinion only, I am entitled to it). Point 3 If Wales had a better team than England, how come we beat them?

Good question we beat them through an unlucky miss placed header from a Welsh defender for the first goal.

Your entitled to your opinion I'm English your English that doesn't mean we agree. I'm prepared to cut the other home nation teams more slack despite the grief.

I can understand that you want to give Coyle a chance, but there was clearly a reason why you were put off by his arrival. But now you're defending his managerial record.

There are a few people defending Coyle and undermining Lambert.

It's either goldfish syndrome, or more likely in some cases the fact that he is wearing a Rovers badge. 'Why can't we all just move on - I have so everyone else should too'.

Some people were all for not renewing at the suggestion of Coyle and are now trying to re-write history on the basis that "I'm entitled to change my mind". Just a shame they don't have a bit more humility and have to try to bait other posters who are a more principled.

was he a failure at Houston?

Wigan went worse after Coyle left

he was in the United states for over 18 months.

They are very big on fitness over there.

Oh come on there's optimism and then just ignoring the facts.

Houston was a failure - very low in the league.

Wigan - failure - and maybe they did worse after him but they look a lot healthier/better now. That to me suggests he should have done better and perhaps part of the problem was undoing Coyles work.

Fans and owner slate Coyle at Wigan too. He also got Bolton relegated. For a guy who says Coyle will be judged on results you're not half putting a spin on the ones he has had.

It's either goldfish syndrome, or more likely in some cases the fact that he is wearing a Rovers badge. 'Why can't we all just move on - I have so everyone else should too'.

Some people were all for not renewing at the suggestion of Coyle and are now trying to re-write history on the basis that "I'm entitled to change my mind". Just a shame they don't have a bit more humility and have to try to bait other posters who are a more principled.

I predicted that a certain person would be singing chimphead's blue n white army by end of august. Even I didn't think the full u turn would be complete by the end of june.

Someone changing their mind doesn't translate into 'other posters' being baited. Unless you've got a persecution complex?

Obviously you are referring to Chaddy. You also started a Nixon one in the Admin bit. It reads almost as if you want him banned for just posting bits of tittle-tattle from a footie journo who is apparently close to Coyle. That can't be true can it? I'm sure nobody is that petty or spiteful? Unless i've missed the moment where he deeply offended you in some way?

I'm sure all this can be cleared up so you can move on, beause you do seem a bit obsessed at the moment.

• Backroom

I was livid at the appointment and being moved from family stand and didn't think I would be renewing.

The staff at Ewood were great and showed me a few options from the stand so that helped a bit on the ticket front. That and the fact our seats are directly behind the exit so nobody can stand in front of the boy.

Still not happy about Coyle but his signing have been better than expected at face value, Graham was a huge boost.

Overall me wanting to go overpowered the anger and annoyance with certain things.

I was livid at the appointment and being moved from family stand and didn't think I would be renewing.

The staff at Ewood were great and showed me a few options from the stand so that helped a bit on the ticket front. That and the fact our seats are directly behind the exit so nobody can stand in front of the boy.

Still not happy about Coyle but his signing have been better than expected at face value, Graham was a huge boost.

Overall me wanting to go overpowered the anger and annoyance with certain things.

Like you, I'm far from convinced about Coyle. So far his signings have been what we might expect, freebies and loans, but on paper seem to be a step in the right direction, although only time will tell on that. Getting Graham was a major plus. The bottom line for me is that I enjoy watching the Rovers play football and that doesn't change because of the off the field antics. I will be at games with friends, I will be travelling to away games with friends and enjoy football as I have always done. Yes, I'm angry at what has happened to the club, I don't believe that the owners are capable of turning it around but I still enjoy the whole experience of following the Rovers and that, at the end of the day, is what a leisure activity is all about. If I didn't enjoy it I wouldn't renew. Tom, I'm sure you and the little lad will have a great time watching the Rovers together, and that's something that will stay with you and him for a lifetime.

Oh come on there's optimism and then just ignoring the facts.

Houston was a failure - very low in the league.

Wigan - failure - and maybe they did worse after him but they look a lot healthier/better now. That to me suggests he should have done better and perhaps part of the problem was undoing Coyles work.

Fans and owner slate Coyle at Wigan too. He also got Bolton relegated. For a guy who says Coyle will be judged on results you're not half putting a spin on the ones he has had.

There is always an exception to the old phrase 'you can lead a horse to water but you can't make it drink' :lol:

Answer to Point 3----because we didn't beat them at the knockout stage, we beat them in the group stage and finished second to them.

Which is the greater achievement----the Premiership or the FA Cup?

I'm not sure there are all that many Stuart, to be honest with you.

As for "defending Coyle and undermining Lambert" - this is pretty much what you erroneously thought I'd been doing, but Stuart, that is a very simplistic way to describe things and with one notable exception I doubt there's any posters that truly fit into this latest 'category'. Any manager will have good and bad points, and pointing out some of Lamberts flaws (I'm not going to list them as it has been done to death, but he had plenty - as do most managers) is not undermining him, it is just stating your opinion. Plus, you can be underwhelmed or even bitterly disappointed with Coyle's appointment, yet still be happy with some of his individual decisions (e.g. the re-signing of Danny Graham).

Things are not that black and white and the constant labelling and categorising of fellow fans by some posters as 'pro', 'anti', 'venky lovers', suffering from 'goldfish/Stockholm syndrome', etc etc is unhelpful.

As for baiting other posters, well all I will say on that one is that there are some master baiters on this message board.

• Moderation Lead

I predicted that a certain person would be singing chimphead's blue n white army by end of august. Even I didn't think the full u turn would be complete by the end of june.

I doubt the fans individually or en masse will ever sing '(insert manager name here)'s blue and white army' again. Unless it's Jack Walker of course!

I'm not sure there are all that many Stuart, to be honest with you.

As for "defending Coyle and undermining Lambert" - this is pretty much what you erroneously thought I'd been doing, but Stuart, that is a very simplistic way to describe things and with one notable exception I doubt there's any posters that truly fit into this latest 'category'. Any manager will have good and bad points, and pointing out some of Lamberts flaws (I'm not going to list them as it has been done to death, but he had plenty - as do most managers) is not undermining him, it is just stating your opinion. Plus, you can be underwhelmed or even bitterly disappointed with Coyle's appointment, yet still be happy with some of his individual decisions (e.g. the re-signing of Danny Graham).

Things are not that black and white and the constant labelling and categorising of fellow fans by some posters as 'pro', 'anti', 'venky lovers', suffering from 'goldfish/Stockholm syndrome', etc etc is unhelpful.

As for baiting other posters, well all I will say on that one is that there are some master baiters on this message board.

This is very true. It's very unhelpful and causes petty arguments. It's a bit like calling someone a Rangers fan repeatedly just because they don't rate Lambert. Can you imagine how annoying and divisive that is? :)

People should be allowed opinions without being labelled.

• Backroom

When we did the double over Man Utd in 05/06, but they finished 4 places and 20pts above us, who was better?

exactly.

So now you are acknowledging his record is poor? Make up your mind!

Oh, and it's nonsense that previous record is irrelevant. Hence why the Manchester clubs have gone for Pep and Jose respectively. Achievements are a big deal.

(And no I'm not saying we should have gone for either of these two.)

It's all well and good saying "we could do this, we could do that". We could sell Jason Lowe to United for £50mill in January. It ain't gonna happen, but it's just as likely as the fairytale promotion push we're going to have under Coyle.

I'm not sure how pertinent this Owen Coyle's Blackburn Rovers to Claudio Ranieri's Leicester City comparison is. To even include Coyle in the same breath as Ranieri is a bit of a joke. Miracles can happen, but appointing a poor manager who's fluffed up his last three gigs seriously hamstrings the chances of said miracle occurring.

A big dose of Venky's, a generous serving of Owen Coyle, a touch of finance guy Cheston acting as CEO, a sprinkle of an imaginary boardroom, a helping of a paper-thin squad and a few pennies and bits of lint chucked in is hardly the recipe for success, is it?

As long as he succeeds in his present job , who gives a @#/?

Theres a few managers around outside the prem that have had extremely indifferent careers, they can have a few failed managers jobs but then find themselves in a job where everything just clicks and he has success, holloway is a good example of this, his careers been mostly mediocre/poor but hes also had a couple of jobs where he's been brilliant, im hoping coyle is similar and hes due a break.

As for his work in america, im not readinf to much into it, footballs totally different kettle of fish over there, id be suprised if any successful English league manager could go over there and have success.

Probability suggests Leicester can't win the Premiership, Wales can't get to the EURO's semi-final, Iceland can't beat England,

In the land of the blind, the one eyed man is king!

We're looking for a fourth miracle then? Right!

Theres a few managers around outside the prem that have had extremely indifferent careers, they can have a few failed managers jobs but then find themselves in a job where everything just clicks and he has success, holloway is a good example of this, his careers been mostly mediocre/poor but hes also had a couple of jobs where he's been brilliant, im hoping coyle is similar and hes due a break.

As for his work in america, im not readinf to much into it, footballs totally different kettle of fish over there, id be suprised if any successful English league manager could go over there and have success.

I agree. But if you had the choice of a proven track record - or decent track record given where we are - or someone who's fluffed most of their jobs, which would you chose? Warnock or Coyle? Lambert or Coyle? Even with that in mind, right time, right fit - what do you think the odds of that are with us? I'd be sceptical it'd happen, and certainly think no thought has gone in to the selection process to improve the chances of this.

Then there's the risks - if true to form the manager continues to bomb then they can make the situation a lot worse. Funnily enough Ince smashed his first two managerial jobs but since then has been detrimental to the clubs he has managed. It's a risky strategy hoping for a right time right skills kind of guy. Heck even Holloway's last successes were a while ago now.

Finally there's the SEM links. We need someone with not a whiff of a link to the hurt and destruction of our club, and Coyle has a strong reek of it (given how he was appointed and Chesterton's comments). Most of all that's what worries me - we're being played again.

On a slightly tangential note I think there are some clubs that are impossible to manage and just exist to add a black mark against managers' records. Sheffield United are one such club - good or bad as a manager has been none has succeeded there. Think Leeds are another. I hope not but suspect we might be a third.

Someone changing their mind doesn't translate into 'other posters' being baited. Unless you've got a persecution complex?

Obviously you are referring to Chaddy. You also started a Nixon one in the Admin bit. It reads almost as if you want him banned for just posting bits of tittle-tattle from a footie journo who is apparently close to Coyle. That can't be true can it? I'm sure nobody is that petty or spiteful? Unless i've missed the moment where he deeply offended you in some way?

I'm sure all this can be cleared up so you can move on, beause you do seem a bit obsessed at the moment.

I had a purge recently and cleared my ignore list. You've not yet gone back on it like several others, so let's play nice, eh?

The Nixon threw in admin was about keeping his wind-up tittle tattle away from the rest of the threads. I certainly don't want Chaddy banning.

However, the tone of many of his post-Coyle appointment posts has been very smug - as though he has been proven right all along, when in fact he said that he would not renew if he was appointed. A little humility would not go amiss.

Archived