BRFCS

BY THE FANS, FOR THE FANS
SINCE 1996
Proudly partnered with TheTerraceStore.com

[Archived] No To Coyle

Well it's been a while but we certainly have a new spin doctor in the building. I remember when he was at Burnley working hand in hand with Alister Campbell on that score, it was painful.

Also the Daily Record, when was the last time they took such a big interest in BRFC............. :o

Read that article before I think about 4/5 years ago, different name in it though, was some chap now scamming a living in the back end of nowhere

• Replies 1k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Looks like Coyles first day was interesting... "Hiya lads, nice to meet you... You're doing a bleep test".

Few other footballers on instagram commenting on how horrible that must have been first day back.

Already explained this and why I changed my stance.

shame you sadly cant let things go but yet again no really surprise to be honest

Someone said none had changed there mind .. I said you had.nothing wrong with what I said . You also said you were not commenting on me again .

Someone said none had changed there mind .. I said you had.nothing wrong with what I said . You also said you were not commenting on me again .

Abbey we are both passionate Rovers fans who at the end of the day want the best for the club.

Im sure we can civil and respectful of each other opinion and views.

I'm happy enough to try again. Are you?

Looks like Coyles first day was interesting... "Hiya lads, nice to meet you... You're doing a bleep test".

Few other footballers on instagram commenting on how horrible that must have been first day back.

Is that a good thing, or not?

Horrible that they are working hard from the off or horrible they will probably get injured by not building up fitness?

Is that a good thing, or not?

Horrible that they are working hard from the off or horrible they will probably get injured by not building up fitness?

Common practice at most clubs I think,to try and determine what condition the players have returned in.

Standard practice to combat foul language on the training ground

Im sure we can civil and respectful of each other opinion and views.

I'm happy enough to try again. Are you?

Maybe you should try and get away for a few days. Leave it all behind for a bit. Perhaps the Lakes? We'll look after the kids. Go on, not another word, just go. Fingers crossed for you both.

Coyle is the manager and that's that. Everyone deserves a chance at least.

I just wonder what the aim is this year. Like to finish just above the relegation places or whether top half is the minimum required. Wondering if we're in for another season like the one Coco started with several managers or whether we're back to the Bowyer days of incompetence and mediocrity being the new standard and and Coyle being here no matter what - until the 4th division looks like a possibility.

Coyle is the manager and that's that. Everyone deserves a chance at least.

I just wonder what the aim is this year. Like to finish just above the relegation places or whether top half is the minimum required. Wondering if we're in for another season like the one Coco started with several managers or whether we're back to the Bowyer days of incompetence and mediocrity being the new standard and and Coyle being here no matter what - until the 4th division looks like a possibility.

At this stage the deluded idiots probably expect promotion or at least a push for it. Coyle will have used his talking abilities to convince whoever gave him the job that he could repeat here what he did at Burnley - get promoted without spending much money whilst supposedly playing exciting football.

The next step, when they realise promotion isn't going to happen without spending money, depends presumably on who they are relying on to make decisions. If Pasha is still hanging around then Coyle will probably have to watch his back, but if Pasha retreats into the shadows then Coyle will probably have free-reign for a few years.

Just to make sure his job is watertight he'd be better going out for a holiday to Pune with his wife at the earliest opportunity. Go on some shopping trips with Mrs Desai. I don't think that will be an option for the manager now though. Bowyer was able to do it for a while but the family seem to have shunned the club and left it in the hands of their accounts team and 'advisors'.

There is such an easy trap to fall into and it seems that lots of Rovers fans have fallen into it hook, line and sinker. One of Paul Lamberts most telling interviews was the one where he talked about accepting mediocrity and reading lots of posts were fans will be happy with mid table brings this to mind. And assuming we reach the holy trail of mid table what then? Will that be the challenge season on season with freebies, loans, waifs and strays? Or will we be happy selling one or two of our better players to offset the losses. There is only one way this club of ours is heading and that is downwards and whilst I find that sad there has been a real inevitability about it for some years now.

The bluster from Coyle doesn't fool me.

There is such an easy trap to fall into and it seems that lots of Rovers fans have fallen into it hook, line and sinker. One of Paul Lamberts most telling interviews was the one where he talked about accepting mediocrity and reading lots of posts were fans will be happy with mid table brings this to mind. And assuming we reach the holy trail of mid table what then? Will that be the challenge season on season with freebies, loans, waifs and strays? Or will we be happy selling one or two of our better players to offset the losses. There is only one way this club of ours is heading and that is downwards and whilst I find that sad there has been a real inevitability about it for some years now.

All Lambert talked about from the minute he walked through the door was wanting to get promoted asap. He clearly felt that with the right investment that he could deliver that and he wanted to do it this season. He didn't want to spend 2-3 years 'building' with a view to possibly pushing for the play-offs if we got lucky.

Sadly the owners of this club couldn't handle that level of ambition.

The people running Rovers can 'talk the talk' when they need to. Every time the owners are mentioned by the club they claim, laughably, that the owners remain determined to deliver promotion. Even this season they persist with the insulting 'Premier League Pledge' offer on season tickets. And yet the most obvious sign they don't really is when they appointed a good manager and he told them what was needed they got cold feet and shunned him.

Lambert was right. There is only one thing to aim for. Promotion. It is the only way this club can last in the long run. Aiming for mid-table or survival will deliver deterioration. We need to be in the Premier League asap and Lambert wanted to do it. He knew there was no way of competing up against the likes of Villa, Newcastle, Derby and Norwich next season without major investment, and unfortunately the people who 'never say no to spending money' have done just that.

We're losing £15 million a year and Cheston's answer is to close the family stand and shut down the town centre club shop. There's only one answer - get promoted.

What has the season 2015/2016 and the Euros teached us?

If you are a Group who are willing to fight tooth and Nails for each other you can come very far.

I Guess time will show, but wasnt this one of Coyles pros when managing? The togetherness of a Group?

The fact is that Venkys have owned the club for over 6 years and every year things have got worse. Whether it's the league we are in, the position we finish in, the quality and depth of the squad, that's how it's always been.

Why would it change?

I just wonder what the aim is this year.

:

:) aim?

Since their idea of getting into the Champions league with 5 quid and a couple of young lads was scuppered, I honestly don't think there is one.

2010 - 2011 - 15th, Premier League

2011 - 2012 - 19th, Premier League

2012 - 2013 - 17th, Championship,

2013 - 2014 - 8th, Championship,

2014 - 2015 - 9th, Championship.

The progression is before your eyes.

All Lambert talked about from the minute he walked through the door was wanting to get promoted asap.

Lambert was right. There is only one thing to aim for. Promotion. It is the only way this club can last in the long run. Aiming for mid-table or survival will deliver deterioration. We need to be in the Premier League asap and Lambert wanted to do it. He knew there was no way of competing up against the likes of Villa, Newcastle, Derby and Norwich next season without major investment, and unfortunately the people who 'never say no to spending money' have done just that.

Exactly and nothing wrong with talking/aiming for it

Coyle doing the same and again nothing wrong with that - except for see below - and some of us seeing past the blasé he spouts ( he is certainly confident even though his history is questionable)

What has the season 2015/2016 and the Euros teached us?

If you are a Group who are willing to fight tooth and Nails for each other you can come very far.

I Guess time will show, but wasnt this one of Coyles pros when managing? The togetherness of a Group?

Aye but we he never had the loons behind him

The fact is that Venkys have owned the club for over 6 years and every year things have got worse. Whether it's the league we are in, the position we finish in, the quality and depth of the squad, that's how it's always been.

Why would it change?

Indeed - but we still have those that can't see it

2010 - 2011 - 15th, Premier League

2011 - 2012 - 19th, Premier League

2012 - 2013 - 17th, Championship,

2013 - 2014 - 8th, Championship,

2014 - 2015 - 9th, Championship.

The progression is before your eyes.

The very proof in the pudding - yet see above

#venkysout

LOONS OUT

Good post.

If we finish midtable every season (slightly better than relegation) then the only thing going up is our debt and the only thing reducing is our attendances.

Archived