BRFCS

BY THE FANS, FOR THE FANS
SINCE 1996
Proudly partnered with TheTerraceStore.com

[Archived] No To Coyle

Is the any evidence of this certain football agency even being involved with Rovers anymore?

Why would the owners even talk to them considering the S##t advice they given before?

Its seems that Pasha is running the show to me.

I'd suggest when a manager with past links to SEM gets the gig despite not fulfilling the criteria of the managerial search AND lies about having even heard of SEM then yes there is evidence.

• Replies 1k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Havent we already discuss this to death.

His agent/lawyer isnt connected to that certain agency. Has that certain agency go bust?

We keep going over and over the same stuff each week. Blimey people must be bored

Just like Coyle had never heard of SEM/Kentaro, either. Are you honestly this gullible?

You know what? I am bored. Bored of this club being taken for a ride while eejits like you pretend everything's hunky-dory.

Havent we already discuss this to death.

His agent/lawyer isnt connected to that certain agency. Has that certain agency go bust?

We keep going over and over the same stuff each week. Blimey people must be bored

Come on Chaddy I feel you are deliberately winding people up.

YOU raised the question and started the discussion. You then want to shut it down when you don't get the answers you like/want.

And for the record if all above board you don't lie about knowing SEM, you don't appoint someone contrary to your manager spec if everything is above board.

Lots of old and new faces at Ewood today, Owen Coyle telling us all about Austria. @Rovers https://t.co/QSSJym0QhW

This is at the Q and A today

Thanks for that Chaddy.

So Owen wants to give youth players a chance, (He has no option because we're skint)

He wants to play with wingers

And he wants to play exciting football

Gary Bowyer gave the same speech when he was appointed and failed on all counts, but he could spot a player.

I'd be very surprised if Coyle was still at the club at the end of the season, the only reason I can see for him remaining here is because we have nobody to sack him.

I really hope I'm wrong.

Come on Chaddy I feel you are deliberately winding people up.

YOU raised the question and started the discussion. You then want to shut it down when you don't get the answers you like/want.

And for the record if all above board you don't lie about knowing SEM, you don't appoint someone contrary to your manager spec if everything is above board.

1. I'm not deliberately winding people up. Cos I don't come on here to do that. I'm here to talk Blackburn Rovers and football nothing else.

2. The lie thing is something to ask Coyle when he does a Q and A.

3. on the manager spec? It didn't really fit any manager at all. Probably Redfearn or Slade. I'm not a fan of either tbh. I want a Sherwood or Monk. I feel that Pasha decide who to appoint with people at Ewood like Cheston and Slivester. Lets not forget that Coyle said that he got a phone call from Slivester who asked him to come here to meet the selection panel. Did Coyle apply before he left Houston? was he Slivester choice?

we just don't know is the answer.

I'll come in on a zero hours contract, sack him and they can just pay me for the minute it takes to say. Coyle you're fired, sling your hook. I might even agree to do without wages if the cost of paying them would be greater than the wages themselves.

Tbf Coyle has a hopeless task. It's impossible to make a decent fist of the job with the resources he has (or hasn't)

He will cop the flak when things go wrong but the real criminals are elsewhere.

Coyle must know all this but has no choice but to stay upbeat eg making out like it's going to be exciting to bring the youngsters through.

Whether they are ready or not will be immaterial, there is no other option.

Feel sorry for him in a way but he knows what he's in for and has taken the shilling.

Tbf Coyle has a hopeless task. It's impossible to make a decent fist of the job with the resources he has (or hasn't)

He will cop the flak when things go wrong but the real criminals are elsewhere.

Coyle must know all this but has no choice but to stay upbeat eg making out like it's going to be exciting to bring the youngsters through.

Whether they are ready or not will be immaterial, there is no other option.

Feel sorry for him in a way but he knows what he's in for and has taken the shilling.

All that could be labeled at Gary Bowyer and I'd have agreed with you 47er.

But Coyle told an absolute whopping fib in his first week at the club about that agency which rings alarms bells for me.

Some would say I'm being over sensitive, whats that got to do with anything, but this is how king rat started out and I nearly had a coronary over that ****, so he's already blotted his copy book for me.

I'll come in on a zero hours contract, sack him and they can just pay me for the minute it takes to say. Coyle you're fired, sling your hook. I might even agree to do without wages if the cost of paying them would be greater than the wages themselves.

If you come in around the next transfer window to do the deed then offer to stay around and oversee the next big departure then sign a couple of frees/loans they might take you up on it. Seems to be the pattern these days :)

But Coyle told an absolute whopping fib in his first week at the club about that agency which rings alarms bells for me.

Some would say I'm being over sensitive, whats that got to do with anything, but this is how king rat started out and I nearly had a coronary over that ****, so he's already blotted his copy book for me.

That's fair comment Gav. Please don't think I'll lose any sleep when the inevitable happens!

47er don't feel sorry for him ...

I'm not---honest! I said "in a way but..."

appointing dingle speaks volumes that the corruptness is still in flow .

Glad to see you've taken up the love rovers hate Venkys slogan, be better to see you back at the ground with a big banner next!

As for the bit I quoted, what does this mean?

He's ex Burnley so we are still run by agents?

Can you run that by me again!?

The ex-burnley thing is nothing. If we boo coyle because of that, as fans we deserve stick, the small minded sentiment of "we don't want him if they've had him!" is pitiful.

I'd even go so far as saying its probably more of a positive for us he got Burnley promoted with nothing and then screwed them over. He"ll get nothing to spend here, and the dingles hate him- how bloody brilliant would it be if we passed them on the way up after Dyche goes Sunderland when BS goes England? ;)

Either way, I'm still unsure of what you meant. At first I thought you meant we'd hired an ex dingle to wind up the fans but I don't think anyone is THAT paranoid!

1. I'm not deliberately winding people up. Cos I don't come on here to do that. I'm here to talk Blackburn Rovers and football nothing else.

3. on the manager spec? It didn't really fit any manager at all. Probably Redfearn or Slade. I'm not a fan of either tbh. I want a Sherwood or Monk. I feel that Pasha decide who to appoint with people at Ewood like Cheston and Slivester. Lets not forget that Coyle said that he got a phone call from Slivester who asked him to come here to meet the selection panel. Did Coyle apply before he left Houston? was he Slivester choice?

Yes, you're right....like earlier when you asserted that Irvine 'walked out on us' despite plenty of evidence given from a selection of posters that he was eased out. Now, if you'd accepted this (which to date you haven't) you'd get a hell of a lot more leeway off people on here.

Unfortunately your posting style is that of a holier than thou contributor who wants to give forthright opinions and then stamp your feet when they are challenged - it's hardly surprising that the 'ignore' button is on overdrive.

1. Can you see how asking a question/starting a topic and then shutting it down when someone gives you an answer you don't like might wind people up?

2 Agree

3 If that were the case why say it? What was the motive behind it? And your statement is not true. Actually there are a number of people who would fit the bill, or be a darn sight near the criteria than Coyle.

Success in this league - masses of potential mangers have that. Bring through youngsters - again a number of managers (including Sherwood who you champion) fit that bill too. Work with the existing management structure - yeah I grant you that's unlikely. But a lot of managers could do 2 out of 3 if not the last criteria. Coyle can only at best be described as 1/2 out of 3 for his promotion with Burnley. Strange choice then as manager.

As for no one knows when approached/appointed - you're being a bit disingenuous there too. We know there was a shortlist which was interviewed and Coyle was not on that shortlist. That alone tells us something suspect has gone on. You're right we don't fully know what but when an extensive search and shortlisted candidates are interviewed but none appointed - and then out of the blue some randomer who doesn't fit the recruitment criteria at all is given the job. How is that not dodgy? Either the club has spun a lot of bs about the interview process or as described above Coyle got it despite the interview process and criteria. Either way it is suspect to say the least.

Finally I get you want to be positive and optimistic, I really do, but I don't get how that works to the extent of saying black is white. I've said it before and will say it again - what is more likely an innocent explanation or owners who have destroyed the club through their and their cronies management of us doing another suspect managerial appointment for untoward motives? If it looks like a turd, and smells like a turd - it's a turd. An apt summary of Venkys and their running of the club imo.

I'd even go so far as saying its probably more of a positive for us he got Burnley promoted with nothing and then screwed them over. He"ll get nothing to spend here, and the dingles hate him- how bloody brilliant would it be if we passed them on the way up after Dyche goes Sunderland when BS goes England? ;)

Either way, I'm still unsure of what you meant. At first I thought you meant we'd hired an ex dingle to wind up the fans but I don't think anyone is THAT paranoid!

The Dingles might well hate Coyle but the few normal ones amongst them would have to admit that they wouldn't be where they are if it wasn't for him.

You're right why lie about it if it is not an issue or if it was in the past and had no impact on the decision to hire him. Why lie!

https://www.theguardian.com/sport/david-conn-inside-sport-blog/2010/dec/21/blackburn-rovers-venkys-jerome-anderson

If City was a frustrated project for Anderson he will believe he can help improve Blackburn post-Allardyce as another of his clients, Owen Coyle

http://news.bbc.co.uk/sport1/hi/football/teams/b/blackburn_rovers/9290941.stm

But a source close to Kean told BBC Sport he should not be ruled out as a long-term replacement, as the former Celtic apprentice could be "the next Owen Coyle" and already has considerable Premier League experience. OMG :blink:

Somebody posted on here (different thread I think ) that it was an invite sent out to current/ former commercial / box sponsors and the like.

Some of them Perth. I would have asked the awkward questions that many would not, maybe that is why invites were skewed.

Archived