BRFCS

BY THE FANS, FOR THE FANS
SINCE 1996
Proudly partnered with TheTerraceStore.com

[Archived] No To Coyle

In my opinion its simply an excuse sambo.

Plenty of reasons not to go, but the manager being an ex-dingle isn't one in my book.

The manager having a terrible record and telling fibs in his first week in office is though.

#venkys out

Bit harsh Gav. Maybe Coyle was running to do the interview, slipped, then fell and knocked his head on the microphone and had amnesia for a little bit. It does happen :D

• Replies 1k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Bit harsh Gav. Maybe Coyle was running to do the interview, slipped, then fell and knocked his head on the microphone and had amnesia for a little bit. It does happen :D

Spot on. I think he does it regularly.

For example he thinks West Ham are a massive club - so he obviously banged his head and forgot about their performances in the past 50 years. He hoped for freshness from his team in a friendly forgetting he'd given them a tough week, he even forgot he wanted substantially more for Hanley in recent transfer negotiations... Quite a forgetful chap our Owen.

You're probably right. Him being a Dingle is just another stick he will be beaten with if results go awry.

Agreed with the latter points, though. People's priorities are wrong if Coyle being ex-Burnley is a reason to boycott, especially with the other multitude of reasons not to go!

And so it should be. .. and why not, maybe trivial/narrowminded in some people eyes but its part and parcel of football imo - if he actually does well ( unlikely) most will probably forget and maybe forgive

As for priorities - disagree - its about choice , yes with all the other reasons as you state a little lame maybe ,however, they are 'the main enemy' as such and always will be

Doesn't really bother me either that he's an ex-dingle. Obviously would rather he wasn't but people move around in football andI I don't see his past as an issue. He's hardly Andy Payton is he, he was only there a couple of years. As for the other stuff .........Coyle Out!

• Backroom

I've read a few times on here and twitter how people "feel sorry" for Coyle over what's happening. Clearly there is a misunderstanding somewhere.

Let's be clear - Coyle knew EXACTLY what he was getting into. He's a chancer who's escaped the US backwaters to grab another job in the Championship, in an area he's well acquainted with. It's extremely unlikely he would have gotten another job in this division. This is a win-win situation for him. If it goes badly and he is either sacked or resigns, he can say "well, with those owners what could I do?" ... meanwhile, if by some miracle he keeps our heads above water, he will undoubtedly crow about it to everybody listening, and his reputation increases accordingly.

Compare and contrast with a manager like Lambert, with genuine ambition. Once he realised what was going to happen this summer he left, without compensation, because he wanted more than that. He wanted to take us places, not be happy to keep our heads above water. As long as the likes of Coyle are in the dugout, and Venky's at the helm, we will never go anywhere. Nobody's asking for millions to be spent, but have some ambition ffs. This slow death is just tragic.

I've read a few times on here and twitter how people "feel sorry" for Coyle over what's happening. Clearly there is a misunderstanding somewhere.

Let's be clear - Coyle knew EXACTLY what he was getting into. He's a chancer who's escaped the US backwaters to grab another job in the Championship, in an area he's well acquainted with. It's extremely unlikely he would have gotten another job in this division. This is a win-win situation for him. If it goes badly and he is either sacked or resigns, he can say "well, with those owners what could I do?" ... meanwhile, if by some miracle he keeps our heads above water, he will undoubtedly crow about it to everybody listening, and his reputation increases accordingly.

Compare and contrast with a manager like Lambert, with genuine ambition. Once he realised what was going to happen this summer he left, without compensation, because he wanted more than that. He wanted to take us places, not be happy to keep our heads above water. As long as the likes of Coyle are in the dugout, and Venky's at the helm, we will never go anywhere. Nobody's asking for millions to be spent, but have some ambition ffs. This slow death is just tragic.

Excellent post.

He will of course be receiving a pretty good salary and almost certainly more than he was getting in the USA. Does anyone know what level of salary he is on and how long his contract is?

But it could just be that folk have gritted their teeth and kept going but the burnley connection is the straw that broke the camels back. Nobody knows what their tipping point will be. For me it was probably losing the option of sitting where I've always sat. My husband was adamant he wasn't getting a ST but I might have been tempted if I'd been allowed to stay where I knew the people around me as i often atrend on my own anyway. If all else had been good, moving seats wouldn't have bothered me but coming as it did along with all the other junk it confirmed my decision not to go. It's trivial, and not the major issue, but it matters because it matters to me.

Moving the family stand to an area where the kids are exposed to the elements and a much worse view of the pitch to boot must rank amongst the most stupid PR decisions that have been made. Can't see it being a Venky's decision though. Probably a Brown Nose penny pinching decision which will probably backfire in lost revenue.

It's a hard slog, difficult to get enthused about the season but surely it's equally as tragic to dismiss Coyle completely as a manager before we've even started the season? I agree on the differing merits of each choice but I just feel it's worth giving OC a chance before switching on the heat.

Lambert walked, and with that went (what should be) our interest in him. There may be some pity in the way that he walked (from what he said) but surely he'd get the same "well you can't succeed under Venkys or without money" trotted out if he'd stayed and failed? Surely a truly ambitious manager takes big jobs on, money or not. Think of the plaudits getting a badly run BRFC to the top flight off no investment?

If I was putting money on, I'd bet on Coyle to be gone by Christmas but let's not pretend he's already screwed up. I made the mistake of getting seriously angry at his appointment, anger should go upstairs - to the void that allows this kind of mess to fester.

That's the crux of it- we are held back by an ownership that doesn't work. We've ended up with Coyle, I'd rather give him support to try (with fingers crossed!) and succeed!

Rather that than start the season in Coyle out mode.

Now before anyone starts, I'm aware of the squad depth issues, I'm aware of the timeframe issues in terms of signing things off, I'm aware of the SEM lie, I'm aware of his past etc.

Moving the family stand to an area where the kids are exposed to the elements and a much worse view of the pitch to boot must rank amongst the most stupid PR decisions that have been made. Can't see it being a Venky's decision though. Probably a Brown Nose penny pinching decision which will probably backfire in lost revenue.

All the hallmarks of a clueless suited pen pusher who's only ambition is running to his bosses saying look, look at me I've saved 200 pound every matchday by closing the family stand and getting rid of the tunnel girl ! Can I have that CE title now and a pension scheme rise.

Utter prick.

All the hallmarks of a clueless suited pen pusher who's only ambition is running to his bosses saying look, look at me I've saved 200 pound every matchday by closing the family stand and getting rid of the tunnel girl ! Can I have that CE title now and a pension scheme rise.

Utter prick.

It's only an assumption of mine and maybe we are being unfair but I don't think so..

• Backroom

It's a hard slog, difficult to get enthused about the season but surely it's equally as tragic to dismiss Coyle completely as a manager before we've even started the season? I agree on the differing merits of each choice but I just feel it's worth giving OC a chance before switching on the heat.

Lambert walked, and with that went (what should be) our interest in him. There may be some pity in the way that he walked (from what he said) but surely he'd get the same "well you can't succeed under Venkys or without money" trotted out if he'd stayed and failed? Surely a truly ambitious manager takes big jobs on, money or not. Think of the plaudits getting a badly run BRFC to the top flight off no investment?

If I was putting money on, I'd bet on Coyle to be gone by Christmas but let's not pretend he's already screwed up. I made the mistake of getting seriously angry at his appointment, anger should go upstairs - to the void that allows this kind of mess to fester.

That's the crux of it- we are held back by an ownership that doesn't work. We've ended up with Coyle, I'd rather give him support to try (with fingers crossed!) and succeed!

Rather that than start the season in Coyle out mode.

Now before anyone starts, I'm aware of the squad depth issues, I'm aware of the timeframe issues in terms of signing things off, I'm aware of the SEM lie, I'm aware of his past etc.

This post just suggests to me you don't, or aren't willing to, see the bigger picture.

The point is that Lambert didn't stay. Posting hypothetical scenarios is irrelevant. If there was any chance of success here I'm sure Lambert would have given it a shot, but we're going into the season with our best defender sold and likely replaced with a 35 going on 36 year old, two strikers, Akpan starting in centre midfield and Jason Lowe as our captain. Lambert saw the writing on the wall and left. Nobody with any ambition would hang around for this.

I made my stance on Owen "SEM who?" Coyle clear from the start. I don't want him here. He's nothing more than a chancer on the gravy train, and I won't support that. I'm happy for him to prove me wrong and do a cracking job, but I very much doubt that's going to happen.

This post just suggests to me you don't, or aren't willing to, see the bigger picture.

The first line of your posts suggest you would rather have a pop than have a discussion will leave it there.

The big picture is I want Rovers to do well. I know, just like you do, the amount of things that need to change for us to stand the best chance - but refusing to support the team because of the Coyle is counter productive to that big picture.

• Backroom

The first line of your posts suggest you would rather have a pop than have a discussion will leave it there.

The big picture is I want Rovers to do well. I know, just like you do, the amount of things that need to change for us to stand the best chance - but refusing to support the team because of the Coyle is counter productive to that big picture.

Refusing to support Coyle is not the same as refusing to support the team. Let's be clear on that.

There's little point getting riled by it any more.

If we don't get relegated this year I'll be absolutely amazed, bit in any case it's only a matter of time.

I've given up any hope I may have had. I certainly don't think we'll ever be sold. If we were going to be sold then surely the seneca offer would've been snapped up.

If they still entertained any ideas about making a success of it then some sort of corrective action would've been taken. Instead they will just shout on their hands and just wait for us to disappear beneath the waves.

It's been almost six years of agony. Not sure how much more I can take. Any cutback fan wants to have some hope for the future. take that away and it becomes a truly miserable, pointless existence.

How much more can we take?

Refusing to support Coyle is not the same as refusing to support the team. Let's be clear on that.

He's the manager of the team, starting off the season chanting for his head will not support the team DE

• Backroom

He's the manager of the team, starting off the season chanting for his head will not support the team DE

So you're saying those who were against Kean weren't supporting the team? Come off it. As for chanting for Coyle's head, please point out where I've said anything of the sort. I've said I won't support his appointment, and it's up to him to prove me wrong. That's it.

So you're saying those who were against Kean weren't supporting the team? Come off it. As for chanting for Coyle's head, please point out where I've said anything of the sort. I've said I won't support his appointment, and it's up to him to prove me wrong. That's it.

No I'm saying what I wrote. Classic BRFCC tactic of taking a post and twisting it to some black and white argument.

You made a post about refusing to support the manager, my point is I think it's unfair to not give him a chance before we start and we are at this?

Why can't people have their own view point in this website without being shouted down? Ofcourse I didn't support Kean. The suggestion of a WUM!

No I'm saying what I wrote. Classic BRFCC tactic of taking a post and twisting it to some black and white argument.

You made a post about refusing to support the manager, my point is I think it's unfair to not give him a chance before we start and we are at this?

Why can't people have their own view point in this website without being shouted down? Ofcourse I didn't support Kean. The suggestion of a WUM!

MODS I hope your watching here. Classic trap setting then when poster finally blows he'll be screaming for a ban :yellow_card:

• Backroom

Calm down. You've already cried foul twice in the last few posts and both times you've overreacted. I'm not trying to start an argument with you, I'm not shouting you down, I'm not twisting anything. I actually find those accusations pretty offensive, and I've never engaged in such activities on here. I try to keep my posts balanced and very rarely go after anybody personally.

My suggestion was that you can support the team without supporting the manager. You said no. I gave Kean as an example and now you're having a tantrum. I don't understand why you're getting so upset.

Just to set a few things straight on your past few posts:

I am not interested in "having a pop" at you or anybody else. I'm simply calling it as I see it.

I am not advocating refusing to support the team.

I am not advocating calling for Coyle's head from game one.

I am not "twisting" words, simply trying to understand your viewpoint.

I never said you supported Steve Kean. It was simply an example, as above.

Hope this clears things up.

MODS I hope your watching here. Classic trap setting then when poster finally blows he'll be screaming for a ban :yellow_card:

Screaming for a ban? Is this a nominee for "most ironic of 2016".. You posted MODS in caps..

Screaming for a ban? Is this a nominee for "most ironic of 2016".. You posted MODS in caps..

If you don't want your pigtails yanking don't keep dangling them. In other words man up and take things on the chin even if it grates you.

Calm down. You've already cried foul twice in the last few posts and both times you've overreacted. I'm not trying to start an argument with you, I'm not shouting you down, I'm not twisting anything. I actually find those accusations pretty offensive, and I've never engaged in such activities on here. I try to keep my posts balanced and very rarely go after anybody personally.

My suggestion was that you can support the team without supporting the manager. You said no. I gave Kean as an example and now you're having a tantrum. I don't understand why you're getting so upset.

Just to set a few things straight on your past few posts:

I am not interested in "having a pop" at you or anybody else. I'm simply calling it as I see it.

I am not advocating refusing to support the team.

I am not advocating calling for Coyle's head from game one.

I am not "twisting" words, simply trying to understand your viewpoint.

I never said you supported Steve Kean. It was simply an example, as above.

Hope this clears things up.

the Kean suggestion was an obvious attempt to wind up DE, Kean was an obvious crook at this club, you know why that upsets rovers fans. If you want to avoid "shouting down" posters in future, don't start replies with "you obviously cannot see the big picture" or words to that affect.

Archived