BRFCS

BY THE FANS, FOR THE FANS
SINCE 1996
Proudly partnered with TheTerraceStore.com

[Archived] No To Coyle

If you don't want your pigtails yanking don't keep dangling them. In other words man up and take things on the chin even if it grates you.

Listen TP, I've no problem with disagreeing with view points, I've no problem with reading negative/positive discussion either, what I have a problem with is personal insults. You've got two nicely into this post (pig tails and "man" up).

In the past, I wouldn't have just pointed that out - I'dve made some horrible personal remarks to people here but I'm not failing into that trap again!

I've not asked for any bans either - I'm assuming the recent nastiness towards me from several posters is related to this, I have nothing to do with those bans. Now, if you've nowt to say about my opinion that we should give Coyle a chance, please leave the posting button alone!

• Replies 1k
  • Created
  • Last Reply
  • Backroom

the Kean suggestion was an obvious attempt to wind up DE, Kean was an obvious crook at this club, you know why that upsets rovers fans. If you want to avoid "shouting down" posters in future, don't start replies with "you obviously cannot see the big picture" or words to that affect.

My opinion is that if you are going into this season with fingers crossed that Coyle will be a success, and a belief that Lambert should have tried to stay and make a go of it, you aren't seeing the bigger picture. I'm not having a pop nor am I shouting you down, that's just what I think. If I start typing in capital letters, however, consider it a shouting down.

I consider Kean a very pertinent example considering the SEM links he shares with Coyle. There were plenty on here being attacked for refusing to support Kean, particularly just before the 11-12 season kicked off. I should know as I was one of his biggest critics from day one (and also one of Allardyce's biggest supporters, which earned me a fair amount of cop, too).

My beliefs are strong and I stick to them. I'm not always right, but in this instance I have no hesitation in refusing to support Owen Coyle. If he turns out to be a success then so be it, but as far as I'm concerned it's up to him to prove he's worth of the title of Blackburn Rovers manager. I'll have no problem backing him if he does a decent job this season, as it would be little short of a miracle to keep us out of the relegation zone.

My opinion is that if you are going into this season with fingers crossed that Coyle will be a success, and a belief that Lambert should have tried to stay and make a go of it, you aren't seeing the bigger picture. I'm not having a pop nor am I shouting you down, that's just what I think. If I start typing in capital letters, however, consider it a shouting down.

I consider Kean a very pertinent example considering the SEM links he shares with Coyle. There were plenty on here being attacked for refusing to support Kean, particularly just before the 11-12 season kicked off. I should know as I was one of his biggest critics from day one (and also one of Allardyce's biggest supporters, which earned me a fair amount of cop, too).

My beliefs are strong and I stick to then. I'm not always right, but in this instance I have no hesitation in refusing to support Owen Coyle. If he turns out to be a success then so be it, but as far as I'm concerned it's up to him to prove he's worth of the title of Blackburn Rovers manager. I'll have no problem backing him if he does a decent job this season, as it would be little short of a miracle to keep us out of the relegation zone.

It's just hard to think anything but "I've been dismissed" if I'm reading stuff like "bigger picture" but since you made an effort to explain, no worries.

Kean came here obviously as a swindle. I remember PJ getting injured in his first game and I just knew we'd be screwed with Kean, after the Stoke game I was full in Kean out mode... Because of the scandal! Never once gave him support and still supported the team, but this scenario is well different so the comparing irked.

I was also well for allardyce, ask Gav. Id also agree with many and yourself that Coyle needs to prove why he's worth having a job at this club but thing is, he's already manager and (because of the owners) we've fallen a hell of a long way since those times.

I just think we've got a higher percentage of that "miracle" when we are behind the whole playing malarkey, not teetering on a "coyle out" chant! It's a simple view really!

Listen TP, I've no problem with disagreeing with view points, I've no problem with reading negative/positive discussion either, what I have a problem with is personal insults. You've got two nicely into this post (pig tails and "man" up).

In the past, I wouldn't have just pointed that out - I'dve made some horrible personal remarks to people here but I'm not failing into that trap again!

I've not asked for any bans either - I'm assuming the recent nastiness towards me from several posters is related to this, I have nothing to do with those bans. Now, if you've nowt to say about my opinion that we should give Coyle a chance, please leave the posting button alone!

Which is what you should have done yesterday instead of replying to a post of mine which didn't involve you which then led to me getting angry and insulting you. That was out of order and I apologised but you weren't even big enough to accept that. If other people are copping bans because of spats with you I'd suggest your the root cause of it and anyone watching how you operate would see it.

Always playing the victim should anyone even show the slightest angst towards your opposite view and constant replying to posters you know passionately have polar opposite views.

You have to accept your in a minority with a lot of your opinions so no need to try and shout louder than others and try and lead them into their own demise. Cowardly stuff.

• Backroom

It's just hard to think anything but "I've been dismissed" if I'm reading stuff like "bigger picture" but since you made an effort to explain, no worries.

Kean came here obviously as a swindle. I remember PJ getting injured in his first game and I just knew we'd be screwed with Kean, after the Stoke game I was full in Kean out mode... Because of the scandal! Never once gave him support and still supported the team, but this scenario is well different so the comparing irked.

I was also well for allardyce, ask Gav. Id also agree with many and yourself that Coyle needs to prove why he's worth having a job at this club but thing is, he's already manager and (because of the owners) we've fallen a hell of a long way since those times.

I just think we've got a higher percentage of that "miracle" when we are behind the whole playing malarkey, not teetering on a "coyle out" chant! It's a simple view really!

Fair enough, it was never my intention to make you feel dismissed or belittled. My responses can just be a little blunt when it comes to Rovers, which I'm sure you can understand.

I agree that our anger needs to go to the top - Venky's. Coyle is just a stooge. I don't support him, but neither would I advocate a campaign against him at the ground. At this point any demonstrations and actions taken must be aimed at the owners.

Fair enough, it was never my intention to make you feel dismissed or belittled. My responses can just be a little blunt when it comes to Rovers, which I'm sure you can understand.

I agree that our anger needs to go to the top - Venky's. Coyle is just a stooge. I don't support him, but neither would I advocate a campaign against him at the ground. At this point any demonstrations and actions taken must be aimed at the owners.

You are right but if we lose the 1st 3 games it is Coyle who will receive the wrath ...His Burnley connection will be heard in full cry by the hardy souls who are present..

It is the Venkys , who should be hounded by being absent for 3 years and appointing Coyle , they will be safe and secure in their Loonville ivory towers !

He is their ready made stooge who will stick out like his countryman the odious , lying one ...

Some would call that very clever window dressing. Kean for all his many sins was like a one man shield for them, they knew it that's why they didn't get him removed and he was happy to hang in there for his share of the loot.

Con artists in full flow from start to finish as history repeats itself. Too many similarities.

I wouldnt be surprise if Coyle walks away soon. Must be really annoyed by the owners veto his deal for this pacey striker.

Typical Venkys yet again. Clueless people

mmm possibly only if there are more sales and no more incomings....................... but highly likely not as he's here to toe the party line and make do with what he has

He's the manager of the team, starting off the season chanting for his head will not support the team DE

Totally agree jbizzle. We supported the likes of John Connelly, Adam Blacklaw and Walter Joyce when they arrived with Burnley backgrounds and nobody bothered. It seems a modern problem - from the late 70s on - this surreal hatred of anything with links to Burnley. Coyle is the manager of Blackburn Rovers and that's the reason I want him to do well and will support him fully. If Coyle succeeds we succeed it's as simple as that and in fairness to him he is prepared to give it a go under circumstances which Lambert walked away from. He may well fail, but at least he is prepared to try so good luck to the guy.

• Backroom

Totally agree jbizzle. We supported the likes of John Connelly, Adam Blacklaw and Walter Joyce when they arrived with Burnley backgrounds and nobody bothered. It seems a modern problem - from the late 70s on - this surreal hatred of anything with links to Burnley. Coyle is the manager of Blackburn Rovers and that's the reason I want him to do well and will support him fully. If Coyle succeeds we succeed it's as simple as that and in fairness to him he is prepared to give it a go under circumstances which Lambert walked away from. He may well fail, but at least he is prepared to try so good luck to the guy.

Firstly, who's mentioned Burnley? It may be a problem for others, but it wasn't mentioned in this debate, so let's get rid of that strawman straight away.

The reason Coyle is prepared to "give it a go" is because he wouldn't have landed any other job in this division and is willing to work under truly ridiculous circumstances. As I said earlier, it's a win-win for him. Please don't try to paint him in a noble light whilst taking a veiled dig at Lambert. The reason PL walked away, as I imagine you well know, is because he wasn't going to tolerate being treated like a fool by the owners whilst being forced to sell his best players and replace them with garbage. Coyle is obviously willing to do so, but don't laud him for it. Of course if Coyle does well we do well, and that's great, but the chances of that happening are very slim and the guy has it all to prove. If he does a good job for us I'm sure very few will have any problem with him.

Firstly, who's mentioned Burnley? It may be a problem for others, but it wasn't mentioned in this debate, so let's get rid of that strawman straight away.

The reason Coyle is prepared to "give it a go" is because he wouldn't have landed any other job in this division and is willing to work under truly ridiculous circumstances. As I said earlier, it's a win-win for him. Please don't try to paint him in a noble light whilst taking a veiled dig at Lambert. The reason PL walked away, as I imagine you well know, is because he wasn't going to tolerate being treated like a fool by the owners whilst being forced to sell his best players and replace them with garbage. Coyle is obviously willing to do so, but don't laud him for it. Of course if Coyle does well we do well, and that's great, but the chances of that happening are very slim and the guy has it all to prove. If he does a good job for us I'm sure very few will have any problem with him.

Lambert walked away. That was his choice which is fair enough. Our future is in the hands of someone who wants to give it a go. Of course the odds are against him. His record in recent years suggests he will fail. However, he still gets my support because he is prepared to give it a go. Only time will tell if he can turn us around or not. However, as the season begins he deserves to be supported in the same way as any new manager who arrives at the club.

Lambert walked away. That was his choice which is fair enough. Our future is in the hands of someone who wants to give it a go. Of course the odds are against him. His record in recent years suggests he will fail. However, he still gets my support because he is prepared to give it a go. Only time will tell if he can turn us around or not. However, as the season begins he deserves to be supported in the same way as any new manager who arrives at the club.

Parson, you make it sound like he's doing us a favour by agreeing to be our manager. Let's have it right, the complete opposite is the case.

Pretty much how I see it.

I can't understand why or see any point in turning up at Ewood expecting failure. I won't be strolling down LBR with a spring in my step but I will make a judgement after watching the team and manager. First chance for me to do that will be August 20th.

After a few games I'll either be happy or asking questions of the manager. Time will tell.

• Backroom

Considering his past (and I'm not talking about Burnley) he should have to earn the respect of the fans, not just be given it because he was happy to take the cash and dance as a puppet on Venky's strings.

Nonetheless, the truth is it doesn't much matter. Support Coyle or not, the writing is on the wall and he is not the main problem. We need to look much further up the chain for that.

It's a really strange one. Coyle is more like an experienced version of Kean than a Bowyer. Bowyer was an honest Joe type who wasn't quiet honest enough to admit he couldn't get the club promotion despite the parachute payments and backing. Lambert, as a result of what went before, had no backing and if anything showed the most integrity out of all of Venkys managers but is painted as a charlatan and even a quitter by some. He was not prepared to simply take the Venkys coin and keep quiet.

He's gone so there's no point dwelling on it but I wish people wouldn't try to twist things to put a positive spin on things and a negative slight on him.

The club should never have appointed Coyle - it's that simple. They are banking on Rovers fans being blinded by him wearing a Rovers badge and calling out others to "get behind him FFS".

Supporting Rovers has become a chore rather than a joy, a duty rather than an enjoyment. We are being patronised and lied to, to keep up a pretence that Venkys have any kind of plan for this club. Turning a blind eye to all that is to have given up any hope of better. I do wonder who is really being negative: those frustrated and wanting Coyle and Venkys gone, or those who have accepted our mediocre, miserable future and moved on?

Accepted our mediocre miserable future? I still have some semblance of hope to be honest so count me out of this weeks new grouping of fans.

People might ask why I still have hope? Probably the lack of games. I think it's genuinely accepted that Coyle is a motivator so until we are buried in mid table (or likely worse) I will grasp at the straw he may do exactly what he's already done once before, get an unfavourable team promoted!

The reasoning for many Rovers fans want of a new manager in the early days of GB where based on the experience of doing it before.

I wouldn't have choose Coyle, but it's not my ambition in question. I've said since 2012 that we need a proper leader above, if I could do something bar "boycott", what would it be?

I wouldnt be surprise if Coyle walks away soon. Must be really annoyed by the owners veto his deal for this pacey striker.

Typical Venkys yet again. Clueless people

Walk where Chaddy? Who else would have him?

He'll be here till Venkys sack him, if they get round to it.

It's been a while since anyone mentioned the Burnley connection PB to criticise the appointment of Coyle.

You are painting a picture of the fans that the rag-top media will make when it all goes wrong.

Have to say I am very disappointed with you for that post.

Completely agree Parson. I have my reservations about Coyle purely down to his lack of success more recently and as such I don't expect him to succeed in what will be extremely testing circumstances.

That aside, like you I hope he does well because if he does we will as well. Deserves a clean slate and to be judged on performances and results like any other new manager.

Not that it matters too much but was speaking to a Club employee last night who said working with Coyle was the polar opposite of working with the previous manager. Lambert was miserable, dour and un-coperative and always full of different excuses as to why we lost. As regards the players everything was off limits and you couldn't do this, couldn't do that etc.

Coyle is apparently completely the opposite to work with, always positive and nothing is too much trouble if anyone needs helping out with an appearance etc.

That in itself is unlikely to put any more points on the board but nonetheless I thought it was an interesting comparison from the horse's mouth so to speak.

Walk where Chaddy? Who else would have him?

He'll be here till Venkys sack him, if they get round to it.

It's been a while since anyone mentioned the Burnley connection PB to criticise the appointment of Coyle.

You are painting a picture of the fans that the rag-top media will make when it all goes wrong.

Have to say I am very disappointed with you for that post.

You should try talking to some fans 47er. The 'Dingle' connection crops up time and time again. That's what's disappointing. The guy has had no connection with our club in the past, applied for the job and got it. He is OUR manager and is selecting and coaching OUR team. It's the reason he gets my support despite the fact that the odds are stacked against him.

Like you Rev, I've heard nothing but positive things coming from staff - and not the Cheston's of this world but the folk much lower down who find him a pleasure to work with - and the players. In our situation we need everyone at the club pulling together behind the manager and so that is a huge positive in my book.

Archived