BRFCS

BY THE FANS, FOR THE FANS
SINCE 1996
Proudly partnered with TheTerraceStore.com

[Archived] What Would Jack Think?

Difference being that Uncle Jack had the money and influence to take the fight to Venky's. Individually, we as supporters are powerless.

Individually, yes but collectively we could do something. Well, collectively the supporters of a lot of football clubs could do something. Blackburn Rovers supporters of thirty years ago could have done something. Not any more though. We haven't got the balls. Sorry Jack, ninety nine per cent of our fan base have let you down. A few have tried but the rest have just shrugged their shoulders and buried their heads in the sand.

Individually, yes but collectively we could do something. Well, collectively the supporters of a lot of football clubs could do something. Blackburn Rovers supporters of thirty years ago could have done something. Not any more though. We haven't got the balls. Sorry Jack, ninety nine per cent of our fan base have let you down. A few have tried but the rest have just shrugged their shoulders and buried their heads in the sand.

Cannot argue with the above post ...

• Moderation Lead

As long as the 10% complaining are the hardcore that are making sure Venky's leave then that's cool.

Sorry, I just get fed up of people complaining about fans not doing enough, whilst doing nothing themselves....

Stop moaning, get behind the team, everything is fine dont you know?

Jack would never ever have sold to these lot even if it meant cutting the club back under his ownership and taking the flak for it. Burnley, Wigan, Bolton, PNE all have resisted going down this route and I'm sure there has been foreign interest sniffing around a time or two.

Walker Trust, Walker Family, David Brown, Robert Coar, Eggerton Vernon hang your heads in shame collectively everyone of you has sold the great mans legacy right down an Indian river !

I think that he would most be disappointed in his daughter Lynda, rightly or wrongly, she could have stopped it.

Sorry, I just get fed up of people complaining about fans not doing enough, whilst doing nothing themselves....

Nice dig. There are folk that have done more than me but I can, at least, look in the mirror safe in the knowledge that I have tried something to rid the club of these parasites.

Nice dig. There are folk that have done more than me but I can, at least, look in the mirror safe in the knowledge that I have tried something to rid the club of these parasites.

If more people had done the minimum, we might still be a PL team if nothing else.

To be honest though, more and more it feels like nothing we could have done would have made a difference. I guess if 20,000 fans had marched back when Venkys used to attend it might have had some impact. Imagine Venkys turning up at Ewood for the Arsenal game and there being a few hundred Rovers fans. "It's very quiet today, where are all the fans?" "They'll be here shortly, ma'am".

The fact that they don't seem to listen to anything or anyone makes them either supremely arrogant/ignorant or gives creedence to the conspiracy theories that they aren't really in charge.

If it's the former then we need to aim at their pride. Support from shareholders or Indian press releases - both of which have gone very quiet despite some early promise. If it's the latter then the only way this ends is when "they" are exposed and face the consequences. I just hope that "the club" doesn't take the brunt of any such exposure. I wouldn't put is beyond the FA to take it out on the club "because the rules are the rules".

• Moderation Lead

I promise it isn't a dig, just more of a general observation.

• Moderation Lead

So your observation is it boils down to fans?

Not sure how you've interpreted that Abbey...

My point is, there are a lot of people on the board saying 'the fans are passive and they should have done X,y, z. But some of those saying this didn't take any action either...

Which is where I became confused as to where they got the right to be self-righteous from. (Not saying that applied to CLB as I hope I just clarified).

If more people had done the minimum, we might still be a PL team if nothing else.

To be honest though, more and more it feels like nothing we could have done would have made a difference. I guess if 20,000 fans had marched back when Venkys used to attend it might have had some impact. Imagine Venkys turning up at Ewood for the Arsenal game and there being a few hundred Rovers fans. "It's very quiet today, where are all the fans?" "They'll be here shortly, ma'am".

The fact that they don't seem to listen to anything or anyone makes them either supremely arrogant/ignorant or gives creedence to the conspiracy theories that they aren't really in charge.

If it's the former then we need to aim at their pride. Support from shareholders or Indian press releases - both of which have gone very quiet despite some early promise. If it's the latter then the only way this ends is when "they" are exposed and face the consequences. I just hope that "the club" doesn't take the brunt of any such exposure. I wouldn't put is beyond the FA to take it out on the club "because the rules are the rules".

What the FA reaction will be if or when anything comes out that means they will have to justify their past actions / lack of actions involving their former business partners and approved agents involving a club with one of their very silent FA members on the board, will be very telling as to if or how corrupt the English game is and how bendable the rules are.

What the FA reaction will be if or when anything comes out that means they will have to justify their past actions / lack of actions involving their former business partners and approved agents involving a club with one of their very silent FA members on the board, will be very telling as to if or how corrupt the English game is and how bendable the rules are.

Only just read this. Honest! :D

Good post Stuart. My only comment on it is that the issue about still being a PL team is actually not what I'm concerned about, its all the other stuff (which contributed to relegation, granted). Getting relegated is part and parcel of football and putting that issue to the forefront just makes us sound like we fans feel as if we are entitled to be in the top flight when we are not. Some of my happiest times watching Rovers have been in the second (and third) tiers.

Its a bit like the issue of Coyle having managed Burnley - although we would probably rather not have an ex Dingle managing us, that isn't my primary concern with him - its his crap recent record and his alleged 'connections' - but no doubt the ex Burnley thing will be portrayed as the main reason we are unhappy with his appointment (the excellent Colin Murray aside).

Rest of the post is bang on the money.

Good post Stuart. My only comment on it is that the issue about still being a PL team is actually not what I'm concerned about, its all the other stuff (which contributed to relegation, granted). Getting relegated is part and parcel of football and putting that issue to the forefront just makes us sound like we fans feel as if we are entitled to be in the top flight when we are not. Some of my happiest times watching Rovers have been in the second (and third) tiers.

Its a bit like the issue of Coyle having managed Burnley - although we would probably rather not have an ex Dingle managing us, that isn't my primary concern with him - its his crap recent record and his alleged 'connections' - but no doubt the ex Burnley thing will be portrayed as the main reason we are unhappy with his appointment (the excellent Colin Murray aside).

Rest of the post is bang on the money.

Like you Andy I don't feel I have a sense of entitlement having seen the club meander through several crises in the 70's and 80's but this current situation is different for me. The technological age has made sure that fiction and fact are far more widely known and people tend to cherry pick between the two. But underpinning all this I felt that the people in charge were acting in the best interests of Rovers, people such as John Howarth, Bill Fox, Derrick Keighley, Bill Bancroft and David Brown. Quite simply I cannot (and haven't for several years) put any faith in the decision makers and this really grates with me and, along with several other factors is the reason why I won't be on Ewood again for the foreseeable future. I was at a funeral with several long standing Rovers diehards on Friday and every one felt the same.

To get back to where we were I would honestly take Conference National football.

Like you Andy I don't feel I have a sense of entitlement having seen the club meander through several crises in the 70's and 80's but this current situation is different for me. The technological age has made sure that fiction and fact are far more widely known and people tend to cherry pick between the two. But underpinning all this I felt that the people in charge were acting in the best interests of Rovers, people such as John Howarth, Bill Fox, Derrick Keighley, Bill Bancroft and David Brown. Quite simply I cannot (and haven't for several years) put any faith in the decision makers and this really grates with me and, along with several other factors is the reason why I won't be on Ewood again for the foreseeable future. I was at a funeral with several long standing Rovers diehards on Friday and every one felt the same.

To get back to where we were I would honestly take Conference National football.

Agree Tony. The only reason I may go to the odd game is because it is a rare chance to catch up with old friends from Darwen and Blackburn and none of us are getting any younger (though I may actually just stay in the pub for the 90 minutes, thinking about it!)

He'd be turning in his grave, Gob bless his soul.

A man of the Town, who put so much back in and has been let down by so many.

And I'll tell you this, if any of those feckers from Pune so much as think of moving or disrespecting his statue, there WILL Be a riot. I'll personally come down from Scotland and start it!!

Don't forget to bring as much Buckfast as you can. ;)

Archived