[Archived] Championship 2016/17 Season

• Replies 2.1k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Will Venkys spend big this summer?

Will Hanley be sold this summer?

Will Venkys spend big this summer?

Will Hanley be sold this summer?

1) No - no matter how many times you ask Venkys will not spend big. Unless by big you mean a 50p and a pack of haribo.

2) I'm sure Venkys would love to sell Hanley twice, but not sure how they'd manage to do it.

1) No - no matter how many times you ask Venkys will not spend big. Unless by big you mean a 50p and a pack of haribo.

2) I'm sure Venkys would love to sell Hanley twice, but not sure how they'd manage to do it.

I know

Nick Powell set to sign for Wolves shortly. supposdly 16k a week wages

Wonder what we offered him thankfully not that

the big time Charlie.. Really think we've dodged a bullet there

Is attitude is a issue with him

Our very first season in the Championship, when parachute payments were highest, we promoted 5 or 6 17-18 year olds to the first team. We signed free transfers such as Mark Fotheringham, Dino Fazlic, Adil Chihi, Tim Hoogland and some other no names. We signed Ross McCormack for £6 million plus add ons. The club genuinely thought we had a promotion winning team. The term all fur coat no knickers spring to mind - we had the shiny marquee signing in McCormack but that was it. We nearly got relegated.

More or less the same happened last year. We signed a load of freebies, albeit higher quality freebies than the year before, and still struggled. So we are not a well run club. We are lucky to have Jokanovic although there were rumours he was going to walk at the end of the season. (power struggle with Rigg). Then our owner is half in and half out. It is frustrating to have a billionaire owner who runs the club as if here were just keeping his neck above water. He'll probably sell within two seasons. He makes us compete within the parameters of financial sustainability...meaning we can't compete because we are sinking stone without him to underwrite the investment. Getting 12 k a week at the Cottage will not sign you anyone decent!

McCormack's agent is Willie McKay. He hawked McCormack to the 3 relegated clubs and there was interest but no biters. Ross has been here 2 years and has already signed 2 contract extensions and wage rises. I would not be sorry to see McCormack go. He is unprofessional in the off season, piles on the pounds. It takes 5 or 6 games to get going. He scoores and he assists but he is also detrimental to the team. He doesn't close down and I think his tactial awareness is poor. Get £10 million and sell on the caveat that it will be reinvested.

We play Newcastle first game this season and I expect a heavy defeat.

Are Fulham going to spend big this summer?

will Ross McCormack be sold this summer?

And another ramble...

We lsot Hyndman, Dembele and Roberts (3 extremely promising youngsters) for a pittance. Our billionaire owner never once stepped in to try and convince them to stay.

So Khan bought the club, relegated us and then has overseen 2 desperate years in the Championship. So no we are not a well run club. Khan treats the club and the fans with contempt. We are nowhere near as bad as the Venky's thankfully for Fulham but we are just treading water. Either Khan sells or we sink. Simple.

Our very first season in the Championship, when parachute payments were highest, we promoted 5 or 6 17-18 year olds to the first team. We signed free transfers such as Mark Fotheringham, Dino Fazlic, Adil Chihi, Tim Hoogland and some other no names. We signed Ross McCormack for £6 million plus add ons. The club genuinely thought we had a promotion winning team. The term all fur coat no knickers spring to mind - we had the shiny marquee signing in McCormack but that was it. We nearly got relegated.

More or less the same happened last year. We signed a load of freebies, albeit higher quality freebies than the year before, and still struggled. So we are not a well run club. We are lucky to have Jokanovic although there were rumours he was going to walk at the end of the season. (power struggle with Rigg). Then our owner is half in and half out. It is frustrating to have a billionaire owner who runs the club as if here were just keeping his neck above water. He'll probably sell within two seasons. He makes us compete within the parameters of financial sustainability...meaning we can't compete because we are sinking stone without him to underwrite the investment. Getting 12 k a week at the Cottage will not sign you anyone decent!

McCormack's agent is Willie McKay. He hawked McCormack to the 3 relegated clubs and there was interest but no biters. Ross has been here 2 years and has already signed 2 contract extensions and wage rises. I would not be sorry to see McCormack go. He is unprofessional in the off season, piles on the pounds. It takes 5 or 6 games to get going. He scoores and he assists but he is also detrimental to the team. He doesn't close down and I think his tactial awareness is poor. Get £10 million and sell on the caveat that it will be reinvested.

And another ramble...

We lsot Hyndman, Dembele and Roberts (3 extremely promising youngsters) for a pittance. Our billionaire owner never once stepped in to try and convince them to stay.

So Khan bought the club, relegated us and then has overseen 2 desperate years in the Championship. So no we are not a well run club. Khan treats the club and the fans with contempt. We are nowhere near as bad as the Venky's thankfully for Fulham but we are just treading water. Either Khan sells or we sink. Simple.

For all your problems you will still outspend Rovers by some distance this summer. You have an owner that at least speaks and comes to your ground every now and then. You have a Chairman, a board of directors, sponsors etc. Good old Rovers sold their player of the season to you last summer.

You might not be 'well run' but certainly are better than some, including this joke club. We've got an accountant as the only active director doing 4 jobs at once after the MD, Communications Director and Commercial Director all resigned. We've got owners who haven't even been seen for more than 2 years and a club that treats its fanbase with complete and utter contempt for 10 months a year 5 years running and then appears confused when season ticket sales collapse after 2 months of making a bit of effort.

For all your problems you will still outspend Rovers by some distance this summer. You have an owner that at least speaks and comes to your ground every now and then. You have a Chairman, a board of directors, sponsors etc. Good old Rovers sold their player of the season to you last summer.

You might not be 'well run' but certainly are better than some, including this joke club. We've got an accountant as the only active director doing 4 jobs at once after the MD, Communications Director and Commercial Director all resigned. We've got owners who haven't even been seen for more than 2 years and a club that treats its fanbase with complete and utter contempt for 10 months a year 5 years running and then appears confused when season ticket sales collapse after 2 months of making a bit of effort.

As I say my complaining to Rovers fan is like a person with flu complaining to someone with terminal illness - that is how bad the Venky's have been for Rovers. What I don't understand is how the plight of the club has not garnered any media attention. How did Venky's pass the fit and proper test by the football league?

And another ramble...

How much does your owner communicate with you the fans?

Is Rigg still there? who is in charge of signings? Rigg or Jokanovic?

I think you are spot on about McCormack. good player on his day but very lazy tho.

do you know what your club transfer plans are for this summer?

Our owners word is worth less than nothing. Communicates through the matchday programme and sometimes his words were interesting and sometimes you might as well have been looking at a blank page as nothing was being said at all. There is only so many times you can believe that he will "do whatever it takes" to get us promoted. If doing whatever it takes means being really cheap I don't think so.

Rigg is in charge of signings but Jokanovic has been putting pressure to get more control. Would it be a surprise to see Jok walk before the first game of the season? Not really. Rigg has blocked some of Jok's favoured signings and likewise Jok has blocked one or two Rigg signings. Rigg is on 800k a year on a four year contract so it would be very expensive to dismiss him.

Also there is the debacle over the stadium. We have had planning permission to rebuild the Riverside stand but Khan has kept punting that down the line and fobbing the fans off. He appointed Thomas Heatherwick (fella who redesigned London buses) to go over the stadium plans but this has rightly been seen as Khan stalling. I think the plannnig permission runs out soon also.

It's not a very happy camp. Lots of bickering. Khan cares more about his NFL team but fans are still at a loss as to why he bothered buying us in the first place. Craven Cottage was always too small to host an NFL game...so what was Khan's end game? Sell Craven Cottage and move to a bigger stadium?

We have sold almost every asset...Stek, Mitroglou. The only players that are left that are worth a bit of money is Cairney and McCormack. Nothing has been reinvested. We signed a decent French winger all right but that is about it.

How much does your owner communicate with you the fans?

Is Rigg still there? who is in charge of signings? Rigg or Jokanovic?

I think you are spot on about McCormack. good player on his day but very lazy tho.

do you know what your club transfer plans are for this summer?

Thanks for reply ffan.

I always thought Khan wanted to have London NFL team. Maybe thats why he bought you. Thought it was a strange move by him at the time.

It never works between Director of Football and a manager. Jokanovic wants it his way and seems a very strong minded man

Didn't know Fulham had lost Emerson Hyndman, looks a good one him.

Gone to Bournemouth surprisingly enough. Agent and family difficult to deal with apparently...although their retort would probably be that it is Rigg who is the difficult one!

Football League investigate Notts Forest takeover bid

https://www.theguardian.com/football/2016/jul/16/football-league-investigates-nottingham-forest-takeover-bid-banned-tycoon?CMP=share_btn_tw

Needs to get himself a FA approved agent backed by a football investment fund and former FA business partner to smooth things over ;)

Sky Bet Odds as of 18/7/16

1. Newcastle United

2. Norwich City

3. Derby County

4. Aston Villa

5. Brighton & Hove Albion

6. Sheffield Wednesday

7. Wolverhampton Wanderers

8. Cardiff City

9. Reading

10. Queen's Park Rangers

11. Ipswich Town

12. Brentford

13. Wigan Athletic

14. Huddersfield

15. Bristol City

16. Fulham

17. Leeds United

18. Nottingham Forest

19. Birmingham City

20. Preston North End

21. Blackburn Rovers

22. Barnsley

23. Rotherham United

24. Burton Albion

Shocked by the prediction?

same odds that had Blackpool as favourites to go down and actually got promoted

Burnley under Dyche when he got them first promote they were one of the favourites to go down.

Also look at Leicester odds last season to win the leagues.

Odds don't matter in this league but its actually winning games and putting points on the board

same odds that had Blackpool as favourites to go down and actually got promoted

Burnley under Dyche when he got them first promote they were one of the favourites to go down.

Also look at Leicester odds last season to win the leagues.

Odds don't matter in this league but its actually win

ning games and putting points on the board

Only in chaddys world

Archived