BRFCS

BY THE FANS, FOR THE FANS
SINCE 1996
Proudly partnered with TheTerraceStore.com

[Archived] Championship 2016/17 Season

The appointment of Zenga at Wolves is an interesting one and suggests that the new owner is going to throw money at it to try and get Wolves into the Premier League. The money involved in the Premier League is clearly what is attracting so many foreign owners to buy Championship clubs and gamble on getting to the top league.

They averaged over 20K attending fans last season, 6th best in the championship

Our 14K average (19th) would look much less attractive to any potential buyer.

• Replies 2.1k
  • Created
  • Last Reply
  • Backroom

Zenga has spent most of the past 6 years or so managing in the Middle East... except for a few brief months at Sampdoria in 2015, where he was also swiftly sacked. Not convinced he's any better than Jackett and could in fact be somewhat worse.

They averaged over 20K attending fans last season, 6th best in the championship

Our 14K average (19th) would look much less attractive to any potential buyer.

£120m debt is the problem, not crowd size.

The appointment of Zenga at Wolves is an interesting one and suggests that the new owner is going to throw money at it to try and get Wolves into the Premier League. The money involved in the Premier League is clearly what is attracting so many foreign owners to buy Championship clubs and gamble on getting to the top league.

It certainly looks like there going to give it a good go.. Appointing a high profile manager straight away raises the bar

Their owner cannot throw money at it.

FFP prevents rich owners from doing anything so they have to work within the budget raise by player sales and ticket and retails sales.

Their owner cannot throw money at it.

FFP prevents rich owners from doing anything so they have to work within the budget raise by player sales and ticket and retails sales.

Rules have changed this season Stuart. If you can get up within a couple of years there is a window to put money into the club.

Zenga has spent most of the past 6 years or so managing in the Middle East... except for a few brief months at Sampdoria in 2015, where he was also swiftly sacked. Not convinced he's any better than Jackett and could in fact be somewhat worse.

Agree that his recent managerial record is hardly the best. The title of head coach suggests that someone other than Zenga will be buying the players.

My post wasn't about the debt, it was about the average attendances making a club look more attractive to buy.

You are right that the debt is also a huge factor a potential buyer would take into consideration.

Rules have changed this season Stuart. If you can get up within a couple of years there is a window to put money into the club.

Ok. So, to be clear, the problem is that Venkys are deliberately holding our heads under the water. Anybody using FFP as an excuse needs to be tarred and feathered.

My post wasn't about the debt, it was about the average attendances making a club look more attractive to buy.

You are right that the debt is also a huge factor a potential buyer would take into consideration.

Have you forgotten that Seneca tried to buy in and Venkys denied any offer had been made?

Not up to fans to push the attendances up in the hope that Venkys will sell!

Ok. So, to be clear, the problem is that Venkys are deliberately holding our heads under the water. Anybody using FFP as an excuse needs to be tarred and feathered.

The FFP is still a legitimate argument because you are gambling that you will get up within the new period of financial reporting and there is still a limit - albeit set at a higher level than before. If you gamble and fail then you are back in the embargo. I think it's clear that the model that the owners are now following is that of making the club self sufficient as far as possible with the owners merely putting money into the academy and helping to fund wages.

The FFP is still a legitimate argument because you are gambling that you will get up within the new period of financial reporting and there is still a limit - albeit set at a higher level than before. If you gamble and fail then you are back in the embargo. I think it's clear that the model that the owners are now following is that of making the club self sufficient as far as possible with the owners merely putting money into the academy and helping to fund wages.

I'm not sure that's clear at all.

The only thing that is clear is that fans are being turned off the longer their reign of destruction continues.

I think it's clear that the model that the owners are now following is that of making the club self sufficient as far as possible with the owners merely putting money into the academy and helping to fund wages.

After the Champions league with £5m and a few loans, is this model B Parson? In fact, there's not much difference between their model then - and their model now.

Are we still meant to have faith in it? The Champions league doesn't seem to be much nearer. Maybe we need to be a bit more patient while they nurture their baby.

I'd have him as a manager. Did well a Swansea, Millwall and Wolves - 1st 2 seasons there were excellent. Used to working on tight budget at Millwall.

If/when doesn't work out for Coyle I think he'd be a good shout for us.

I did mention him as a possible choice for the Rovers manager job this summer.

Looking like Wolves have gone for the director of football/head coach structure.

After the Champions league with £5m and a few loans, is this model B Parson? In fact, there's not much difference between their model then - and their model now.

Are we still meant to have faith in it? The Champions league doesn't seem to be much nearer. Maybe we need to be a bit more patient while they nurture their baby.

I don't know about B model den. I think it's the "we've wasted enough money on this adventure and it's time to stop" model.

I don't know about B model den. I think it's the "we've wasted enough money on this adventure and it's time to stop" model.

If only it was the "we've wasted enough money on this adventure and it's time to sell" model.

Or perhaps the "we've wasted enough money on this adventure and it's time to listen to Seneca" model.

Or even the "we've wasted enough money on this adventure and it's time to install and functioning board and task them to run the club with minimal input form - as this shell is still costing us money" model.

But then you read unleaded's post in the transfer thread and realise it's impossible to guess what these idiots are thinking.

Zenga being unveiled as Wolves manager at 2pm after the new owner went public only last week saying how he was looking forward to working with Kenny Jackett.

Zenga has a terrible record as a manager, had loads of jobs and never lasted very long in any of them, so you have to ask yourself, if you're a Wolves fan, why Zenga?

If it doesn't make sense its probably dodgy.

Bonkers owner alert.

Lots of influence from Jorge Mendes at Wolves who is 'friends' with their owners. They've already signed one lad on loan from Benfica and have been linked with loads more. Probably will be a situation similar to here, except that Mendes' clients are class footballers, he's got some of the best in the world on his books, their coach is proven elsewhere and isn't Jackett's 3rd in command and their Chinese owners will have more sense and more ambition than Venkys.

Newcastle to win the league, Blackburn to be relegated 16/1 with Betfair.

Enjoy.

Burton 11/10

Rotherham 7/4

Barnsley 3/1

Blackburn 4/1

Skybet, and it's about the same with all bookies. Fourth in line for the chop.

My thoughts, it's going to be a long difficult season with us just out of the relegation spots on the final day. Whether Coyle leaves or not we'll go down next season. Coyle in charge in League 1, then they'll sack him while we're near the top of the league bringing in a rookie, ending up mid-table. Echoing the reign of Kean.

Would Venkys keep us if we went down to League 1? I'm not so sure. Possibly League 2, then they'll give us away with no assets and a huge mountain to climb.

Archived