BRFCS

BY THE FANS, FOR THE FANS
SINCE 1996
Proudly partnered with TheTerraceStore.com

[Archived] Championship 2016/17 Season

Is there anyone who thinks , we wont get relegated ?

The season is nearly upon us and the squad of players is dire at best ...

The manager is not wanted by the fans, it as bottom of the league and relegated at Easter , written all over it ....

• Replies 2.1k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

The manager is not wanted by the fans, it as bottom of the league and relegated at Easter , written all over it ....

Depends on what our final squad looks like

Well all the Bookies think there are three worst teams than us, that may change if Duffy and Marshall go.

Not just the quality... the mentality which is equally important.

You don't win with just 11 superstars.

The mentality is absolutely key and what we have missed for years now. I've championed getting some thugs in that can't handle losing for as long as I can remember.

What id give for a Savage, Bellamy, Dickov, Todd, Nelsen. We've been so blessed in the past. Rest in Peace, The Bully Boys.

The mentality is absolutely key and what we have missed for years now. I've championed getting some thugs in that can't handle losing for as long as I can remember.

What id give for a Savage, Bellamy, Dickov, Todd, Nelsen. We've been so blessed in the past. Rest in Peace, The Bully Boys.

We had a team bristling with them sort in the 80's Faz. Keeley, Brannigan. Randall, you've probably seen this before but always worth a watch.

We had a team bristling with them sort in the 80's Faz. Keeley, Brannigan. Randall, you've probably seen this before but always worth a watch.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=rIpbn86MbgE

Apart from that last one they were all a bit soft really.

Hill never liked us. Big-chinned football politician. He'd have fit in well in FIFA. Or the EU.

Don't forget Lucas Neill! Whilst the AXE (Aaron Mokoena) wasn't shy of mistiming a tackle although granted it could be through a perceived lack of talent!

We do have a poor squad but whoever we sign we are certain to struggle with the state the club is in from top to bottom. You can't have the structure we have and expect to do anything but fail. It gets worse every year as things get worse on the pitch. When a club is struggling you want everyone to pull together, who s there left at Ewood to pull together? We have no board, no executives, a terrible choice as manager and a diminishing number of disgruntled fans. Certain relegation imo.

me

A lot of dreadful teams in the championship this year and some dreadful owners. Don't like the look of the new owners at villa and wolves. Have a feeling they're going the same way as us.

Forest and QPR are in crisis; Brentford and Huddersfield look weak; Rotherham, Burton and Barnsley look woeful on paper.

I think Notts Forest will be a surprise relegation next season.

I think we'll just stay up if Duffy/Marshall stay and Graham is fit for the majority of the season. If there isn't a change of ownership then I feel 2017/18 is the season we'll drop to lge 1.

A lot of dreadful teams in the championship this year and some dreadful owners. Don't like the look of the new owners at villa and wolves. Have a feeling they're going the same way as us.

Forest and QPR are in crisis; Brentford and Huddersfield look weak; Rotherham, Burton and Barnsley look woeful on paper.

I think we'll just stay up if Duffy/Marshall stay and Graham is fit for the majority of the season. If there isn't a change of ownership then I feel 2017/18 is the season we'll drop to lge 1.

That sounds depressing. 1 more season to stay up, before the inevitable happens next season.

Might as well call it BRFCexit like Brexit

Disagree Hudders for top six. Chairman is Steve Gibbs (Mboro esque) Dean Hoyle is a great example to follow. Care 100% about these clubs and town. We have some indians who treat our club like a corner shop they own.

That sounds depressing. 1 more season to stay up, before the inevitable happens next season.

Might as well call it BRFCexit like Brexit

You know what to do.

Remedy the poison no ST's. Protest and hope these shysters go with Cheston.

Was saying similar in another thread, a combination of weak teams and bat nuts owners could save us. Had forgotten to factor in QPR.

Disagree about Huddersfield btw, think they seem to know what they are doing. But you could easily add Leeds to the mix with their owners, as well, so plenty of competition at the bottom.

Newcastle carry on splashing the cash with Ciaran Clarke expected to sign from Villa today for circa £5million

Villa themselves spending big, having an £11million bid accepted for Ross McCormack.

How are Newcastle shaping up to destroy the league this season:

http://www.skysports.com/football/news/15125/10518237/what-will-newcastles-starting-xi-look-like-against-fulham

2/3 players pushing for a starting spot in each position. Our former captain not even expected to start in Skysports predicted lineup. Another £5m centre back/left back on the way.

Also closing in on Diame from Hull (who look set to be relegated without a fight)

Keepers: Darlow, Krul, Sels, Elliot

Rb: Janmaat, Gamez

LB: Dummett, Haidara

CB: Lascelles, Hanley, Clarke, Mbemba

Wingers: Ritchie, Thauvin, Aarons, Perez, Gouffran, Anita

CM: Diame, Shelvey, Colback, Sissoko, Hayden

ST: Gayle, Mitrovic, De Jong

Plenty of players can play multiple positions, Hayden can play CB or DM, Clarke LB or CB etc.

Pretty depressing stuff when you look at our squad.

Archived