BRFCS

BY THE FANS, FOR THE FANS
SINCE 1996
Proudly partnered with TheTerraceStore.com

[Archived] Championship 2016/17 Season

Huddersfield have make some very good signings this summer. Dark horses for playoffs for me

Is that a hope again Chaddy?

Not sure what it is with Huddersfield to me always seem to promise much and have a purple patch normally early doors .but then just end up in a relegation battle come the end of the season.

Cardiff are the ones to watch for me

• Replies 2.1k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Wolves takeover by Fosun International Group confirmed for £45 million. Venkys got this club established in the Premier League for less than that including all the debt. Astonishing.

Wolves' parachute money dried up this summer, just like ours, and they haven't cashed in on £25 million worth of playing talent recently either. Lets see if their new Chinese owners are worried about FFP rules or 'cutting their cloth accordingly' or 'being a selling club'. I reckon they won't.

One thing that Venkys have surely shown us is that foreign ownership is not guaranteed to be all investment and improvement! I wouldn't be surprised if Wolves new owners have been equally conned.

Huddersfield have make some very good signings this summer. Dark horses for playoffs for me

Quite possibly. And to think we were dead level with them at the beginning of last season...

See Chads not on a hunt to disagree with you all the time.

Newcastle approaching 35,000 season tickets sold.

It's what we're up against folks!.

Absolutely, relegation for Newcastle is a disaster really but the fans keep going in their numbers. Don't think it's that cheap either. I think they will be close to breaking even on transfers as well soon. Their wage bill must be touching 80-100m. So not going up this year would be a massive failure for them.

I think that Wolves, Reading and Cardiff will all struggle and be in the bottom 8

I also think that Leeds and Huddersfield will be surprise teams this coming season

I also just put a fiver on Danny Graham being top goalscorer at 80/1 on Sky Bet

so chaddy, you put a chaddy on Graham. I like it

I'd like to see how many of the 'Geordie faithful' would be turning up every week if they had experienced what we have over the last 5 years.

If they fail to go up this season, sell off everyone of value in their squad and replace with loans and frees, finish mid table or bottom half for the next 4 years, then I somehow doubt they'd be getting so many turning up. Perhaps they'd revert back to 80's levels, as many claim is inevitable at Rovers, and be getting 16,000 a week turning up like they once did.

As they've kept hold of Benitez and are massive favourites to go straight back up the majority of people will be quite happy to renew, expecting to watch them win every week and stroll to promotion next season. I'm sure if we had their squad, Benitez as manager and had already spent £20 million on new players this summer then we'd have season ticket sales of 15,000+.

Its all relative. Many bought into the Leeds United myth that they would forever and ever get 30,000+ turning up because they're a massive club with brilliant support, but after 10 years of misery they've dropped down to 20,000. Newcastle would no doubt be similar.

Wonder why other rich owners are able to give managers significant funds unaffected by FFP?

I'm sure Stuart, that one day Rovers will rise like a phoenix from a flame, flying above all other clubs as they are reduced to rubble through the heavy hand of FFP.

Or, we fall way behind everyone else and end up tumbling down to league 2.

Lee Williamson has signed for Burton. Feel with that caliber of signing, plus Clough as manager, they'll be one of the teams keeping us out of the bottom 3.

Meanwhile the Forest chairman wants to sell the club to a Greek chap who is accused of match-fixing and directing a criminal organisation. Now I appreciate fit and proper is a joke, but even so can't see that this will get through,

Wolves have sacked Kenny Jackett

I'd have him as a manager. Did well a Swansea, Millwall and Wolves - 1st 2 seasons there were excellent. Used to working on tight budget at Millwall.

If/when doesn't work out for Coyle I think he'd be a good shout for us.

The appointment of Zenga at Wolves is an interesting one and suggests that the new owner is going to throw money at it to try and get Wolves into the Premier League. The money involved in the Premier League is clearly what is attracting so many foreign owners to buy Championship clubs and gamble on getting to the top league.

It's the void between the money and the club that this will probably defined by, when Southampton was invested in (in lower league) they had Cortese in between...

If I was betting on this, I'd bet on this turning out badly! I suppose Rovers fans would always be a lot more pessimistic of foreign investment

Archived