SINCE 1996
Proudly partnered with TheTerraceStore.com

[Archived] Championship 2016/17 Season

• Replies 2.1k
  • Created
  • Last Reply
  • Backroom

Well deserved Fulham.

Newcastle created nowt, and bar a couple of penalty shouts that would have been soft, cant really complain about the result.

Incidentally, Janmaat - that had to be a red under the FA's new clampdown surely? Running at the ref shouting, waving his arms around, then slamming the ball into the ground?

From what I remember, a red is swearing at or touching the ref. I think a yellow was correct.

Looked good from what I saw. Thanks again Venkys.

Selling a player who was a potential match winner, if managed properly, who didn't want to leave, for less than his market value.

Brilliant.

Yep. A failure on every level, and we wouldn't expect anything more.

firstly i thought cairney and the fulham right back were excellent tonight and fulham fully deserved their win. it doesnt matter what geordie fans think of hanley or how he played tonight or if he is just an average championship defender the fact remains he is and will be a massive loss to us this season. i love watching newly relegated teams lose on the opening game. they always think they can just bounce back up like its an inevitability. lets hope we can humble the norwich boys tomorrow the way fulham have tonight.

Ref was never going to book him until he slammed the ball, refs need a couple of early reds for that to show the rule is serious

Probably see them clamp down tomorrow on us they were never going to do it in a big tv game with a big side

5.5m for Hanley maybe wasn't that bad a price after all....Think he'll find himself on the bench quite a lot this season.

Get crosses into the box for a big man and you stand a chance in this league. Danny Graham, no pressure.

He was still by far our best player last season and hasn't been at all replaced, and that money has vanished,one game where he was slightly off the pace after barely any pre-season.

5.5m for Hanley maybe wasn't that bad a price after all....Think he'll find himself on the bench quite a lot this season.

Get crosses into the box for a big man and you stand a chance in this league. Danny Graham, no pressure.

Possibly jumping the gun a tad after one game.

Cairney MoM.

Yes, but did anyone notice just as the final whistle went some chap went up to Smith who was on the bench and handed him the MOM trophy saying well done. Few minutes later and he's handing it to TC in the interview........I bet he felt a right cock

• Backroom

Commentator just said "I don't think i've even mentioned Matt grimes name this half"

Sounds about right. The kid has some talent, but really struggles to get into games from what I saw of him last season.

2-0. QPR totally comfortable, Leeds have never threatened. Keemar Roofe looks leeds best player but is chasing lost causes, being Leeds best player today isn't saying much though.

QPR fans sarcastically mocking Green at every opportunity... What an awful keeper though, can't believe he's still playing at this level.

Caulker and Onouha look strong, have pace going forward too.

Playing in their natural positions as well im assuming.

How long do we give Monk? A month?

Its like Leeds are saying, well i bet we can beat Blackburn Rovers at how long a manager stays.

• Backroom

Its like Leeds are saying, well i bet we can beat Blackburn Rovers at how long a manager stays.

In fairness, Venky's are actually not well known for being trigger happy with managers they've hired. Remove Berg and Appleton from the equation and you find that Kean and Bowyer both got far more time than they deserved. Lambert left by his own choice - I imagine Venky's would have happily continued ignoring him otherwise.

That's why Coyle concerns me. There's no chance he'll have the decency to walk, and when Jerome/Shebby aren't around Venky's take years to sack people.

In fairness, Venky's are actually not well known for being trigger happy with managers. Remove Berg and Appleton from the equation and you find that Kean and Bowyer both got far more time than they deserved. Lambert left by his own choice - I imagine Venky's would have happily continued ignoring him otherwise.

That's why Coyle concerns me. There's no chance he'll have the decency to walk, and when Shebby isn't around Venky's take years to sack people.

So our only hope is to get Shebby back :D

DE i think im ready for long strolls in the park or on a beach. I might get more joy out of that ;)

• Backroom

So our only hope is to get Shebby back :D

DE i think im ready for long strolls in the park or on a beach. I might get more joy out of that ;)

At this point I'm not sure Shebby could make things any worse. But if he returns I think I'll be taking a long stroll into the ocean.

Archived