BY THE FANS, FOR THE FANS
SINCE 1996
Proudly partnered with TheTerraceStore.com

[Archived] Championship 2016/17 Season

• Replies 2.1k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

This has to be the worse Rovers squad in 36 years

Personally, I think it's the worst I've seen - at this moment in time - in 45 years. I think the start of the 1971-72 season, with the exception of Roger Jones and Allan Hunter, was probably the worst with two youth players drafted in on the opening day because they were more impressive than the so called seniors.

Huddersfield expecting a crowd of 18,000 for their home game against Brentford on Saturday, including between 800 and 1000 away fans.

Great effort from one of the 'small, unfashionable clubs' and a lesson for all us Rovers fans to learn. It can be done. We aren't destined for gates of 7-8,000 for all eternity. A chairman who understands the fanbase, who makes a bold managerial appointment, backs him with signings, speaks to the fans, comes up with sensible pricing and promotes it - the rewards being top end Championship attendances and a much better atmosphere.

Huddersfield expecting a crowd of 18,000 for their home game against Brentford on Saturday, including between 800 and 1000 away fans.

Great effort from one of the 'small, unfashionable clubs' and a lesson for all us Rovers fans to learn. It can be done. We aren't destined for gates of 7-8,000 for all eternity. A chairman who understands the fanbase, who makes a bold managerial appointment, backs him with signings, speaks to the fans, comes up with sensible pricing and promotes it - the rewards being top end Championship attendances and a much better atmosphere.

Give us a normal club like they have and the fans may come back.

This has to be the worse Rovers squad in 36 years

did we at one point not have players like Benni mcCarthy, Roque Santa Cruz, Craig Bellamy, David Dunn, Tugay, Pedersen, Nonda, Yakubu, Salgado, Samba etc.. oh well, im getting depressed again now..

• Backroom

Gayle top scorer has to be a shout

His goalscoring record isn't as impressive as Sky Sports makes out, so I'm not convinced. If there's a season for him to establish himself, this is it.

Newcastle wont get promoted with Ayoze and Gayle as their strke partnership.

Both make the same run, neither can hold the ball up, and both will be outmuscled by centre halves.

• Backroom

Oh for gods sake commentators never let a bad decision drop when it's against a fashionable team do they?

Yes Newcastle should have had a penalty but this stays 0-0 if they put a man on the post

Archived