BRFCS

BY THE FANS, FOR THE FANS
SINCE 1996
Proudly partnered with TheTerraceStore.com

[Archived] Championship 2016/17 Season

No need to justify anything. I have already commented about Rovers poor performance.

Just think Norwich has quality all over the pitch plus a good young manager. Plus most know this league aswell

Coyle knows this league as well, so does most of our players.. Key difference is the quality of those players compared to ours

• Replies 2.1k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Anyone else notice that Irvine kept a very low profile on the Norwich bench on Saturday?

Not once did he stand up or enter the technical area. Remained sat down throughout. When he was at Rovers he often got up and stood on the touchline with Lambert to discuss things.

I'd even forgotten he was at Norwich as I didn't see him on Saturday and only remembered yesterday.

Surprised Rovers didn't announce a 'welcome back' on the tannoy, after he left us to 'further his career'.

I think my favourite thing this season is watching Newcastle fail, they didn't look good tonight at all.

It's always good to see Newcastle fail. It's a national spectator sport.

Coyle knows this league as well, so does most of our players.. Key difference is the quality of those players compared to ours

The squad and challenge is that big given the relegated teams coming down and the weaker ones like Bristol and Rotherham spending means we are significantly after 11 departures weaker.

Coyle/Lambert/Big Sam (My fav) alongside Hughesie would struggle.

That windfall for barnsley may just allow them some leeway transfer funds wise and be the strongest of the promoted sides leaving us to battle it out with Burton wigan Rotherham Bristol city and forest

That windfall for barnsley may just allow them some leeway transfer funds wise and be the strongest of the promoted sides leaving us to battle it out with Burton wigan Rotherham Bristol city and forest

We've made more than Barnsley have this summer. Yet they will reinvest and strengthen whilst we mess about trying to find a couple of loans to fill a gap for a year.

Then when Barnsley reinvest this money I can't wait to see the propaganda machine telling everyone how they got a windfall for Stones which enabled them to strengthen beyond Rovers capabilities.

We've made more than Barnsley have this summer. Yet they will reinvest and strengthen whilst we mess about trying to find a couple of loans to fill a gap for a year.

Then when Barnsley reinvest this money I can't wait to see the propaganda machine telling everyone how they got a windfall for Stones which enabled them to strengthen beyond Rovers capabilities.

Rhodes cash rochina cash Hanley not a penny being reinvested

When you are losing 20 million plus per year, as the Raos have done of late at the Rovers, a poxy few million of income doesn't even touch the sides.

Suprised to keep reading that people expect monies generated through player sales to be re-invested in new players as we all know this money is instantly swallowed by the self-made Venky black hole.

Investment in new players would have to come and be sanctioned directly from the owners. The parachute payments are behind us, crowd levels continue to fall, corporate and sponsorship at near desperate levels of income. We simply do not have a pot to wee in and the chance of the owners digging deep to recruit more no mark mercenaries with no guarantees of success seem somewhat remote to me.

When you are losing 20 million plus per year, as the Raos have done of late at the Rovers, a poxy few million of income doesn't even touch the sides.

Suprised to keep reading that people expect monies generated through player sales to be re-invested in new players as we all know this money is instantly swallowed by the self-made Venky black hole.

Investment in new players would have to come and be sanctioned directly from the owners. The parachute payments are behind us, crowd levels continue to fall, corporate and sponsorship at near desperate levels of income. We simply do not have a pot to wee in and the chance of the owners digging deep to recruit more no mark mercenaries with no guarantees of success seem somewhat remote to me.

There is no clear inclination though as to how this club is exactly losing 20 million plus a season.

There is no clear inclination though as to how this club is exactly losing 20 million plus a season.

I don't think we are anymore, but with 26 first team pros during that period on lets say 10k per week is 13 million. And we know that Rhodes and Hanley and Gestede and others were on a lot more than 10k per week. With all our other staff, mentioned at over 250 in the last year or two, coupled with management, directors, ground maintenance and operations, training ground maintenance and operations, police bills, medical bills, plus gargantuan pay-offs to a myriad of useless nobodies, plus managerial changes and pay-offs - I can easily see how we reached unsustainable levels of outgoings totalling many millions each year.

Its soothing to think we are being ripped off by the bad guys and that the Venky's are making a fortune at our expense. Yet, whilst I don't dispute many a fortune has been made this last few years, it wasn't in my view by the Raos. I think they are simply ill with this project, clueless, haven't the foggiest what to do for the best and have waxed an absolute kings ransom to date, demonstrating how effing gormless they are and remain.

But if they are as clueless as we think then why the hell have they not employed the right people to run their Blackburn Rovers business,you know'their baby'?....they have literally spunked away the best part of 100 Million or so.

Truth be Venkys purchased Rovers as a gateway to opening their Fried Chicken business in the UK,we were NEVER their main priority of interest....this should never,NEVER have been allowed to have come to pass.This whole venture was never to have been for our benefit.

After all the negatives of their tenure to date you now just keep on coming to the same worrying conclusion that they have some ulterior motive for still being here and dubious matters to hide...matters have gone badly wrong and we are being brushed under the carpet.

One big problem for them now...Blackburn Rovers are far too big to be brushed away like the rest of their failed businesses ventures!

Aston Villa - 7

Newcastle - 5

Sheffield Wednesday, Derby, Leeds, Wolves & Brighton - 4

Norwich, Ipswich, Cardiff & Birmingham - 3

Fulham, QPR, Burton, Brentford & Bristol City - 2

Rovers, Reading, Preston, Wigan, Barnsley, Rotherham & Huddersfield - 1

For those wondering that isn't the media's favoured league finish, or a list of biggest clubs to smallest, but rather the number of announced live Sky Sports games each time will feature in between now and the end of November.

Looks like Sky have put us in the bottom bucket along with the recent League One clubs who have never achieved anything in living memory, whilst equally dross teams from recent years like Forest, Wolves and Leeds are still finding their way to the top of the charts. Meanwhile our extensive Premier League pedigree and relatively recent trophy winning exploits are overlooked.

The power of the media in making some clubs 'attractive' and others not. Forest continue to live off the late 70s, Leeds likewise, whilst I'm still not quite sure why Wolves are up there yet again, probably because they've got a new owner so everyone should sit up and take notice.

I don't think we are anymore, but with 26 first team pros during that period on lets say 10k per week is 13 million. And we know that Rhodes and Hanley and Gestede and others were on a lot more than 10k per week. With all our other staff, mentioned at over 250 in the last year or two, coupled with management, directors, ground maintenance and operations, training ground maintenance and operations, police bills, medical bills, plus gargantuan pay-offs to a myriad of useless nobodies, plus managerial changes and pay-offs - I can easily see how we reached unsustainable levels of outgoings totalling many millions each year.

Its soothing to think we are being ripped off by the bad guys and that the Venky's are making a fortune at our expense. Yet, whilst I don't dispute many a fortune has been made this last few years, it wasn't in my view by the Raos. I think they are simply ill with this project, clueless, haven't the foggiest what to do for the best and have waxed an absolute kings ransom to date, demonstrating how effing gormless they are and remain.

I read a post a few days ago, that suggested we are still paying players that left ages ago. I could be wrong, but Ryan Nelsen springs to mind. Imagine if we are still paying the likes of Murphy, Etuhu, Best & others, no wonder we have no money despite selling over £30 million worth of players over the last 12 months. As has been mentioned in the Venky's are skint thread, we may be close to the end!

Aston Villa - 7

Newcastle - 5

For those wondering that isn't the media's favoured league finish, or a list of biggest clubs to smallest, but rather the number of announced live Sky Sports games each time will feature in between now and the end of November.

Looks like Sky have put us in the bottom bucket along with the recent League One clubs who have never achieved anything in living memory, whilst equally dross teams from recent years like Forest, Wolves and Leeds are still finding their way to the top of the charts. Meanwhile our extensive Premier League pedigree and relatively recent trophy winning exploits are overlooked.

The power of the media in making some clubs 'attractive' and others not. Forest continue to live off the late 70s, Leeds likewise, whilst I'm still not quite sure why Wolves are up there yet again, probably because they've got a new owner so everyone should sit up and take notice.

All the ones listed with 4 or more appearances have all got bigger fanbases than us. Bigger fanbases equal more potential viewers/subscribers. That's all Sky care about. Our 'trophy winning exploits' or time spent in the Prem don't matter squat to them. They're a business.

I read a post a few days ago, that suggested we are still paying players that left ages ago. I could be wrong, but Ryan Nelsen springs to mind. Imagine if we are still paying the likes of Murphy, Etuhu, Best & others, no wonder we have no money despite selling over £30 million worth of players over the last 12 months. As has been mentioned in the Venky's are skint thread, we may be close to the end!

Shaw mentioned this just before he left. We were still paying Simon Vucevic then, so god knows what he was on.

Aston Villa - 7

Newcastle - 5

Villa on 7 times!

Villa fans don't even want to watch them that often!

Aston Villa - 7

Newcastle - 5

Forest not being shown at all though?

Archived