BRFCS

BY THE FANS, FOR THE FANS
SINCE 1996
Proudly partnered with TheTerraceStore.com

[Archived] Championship 2016/17 Season

• Replies 2.1k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Oliver Burke has left Forest for 13 million pounds..

Gone to Red Bull Leipzig

Forest fans must be gutted at losing so a talent player like him

I know one who is fuming. The manager said no sales for any offer and the player was allegedly sold behind his back. Henri Lansbury signed his contract on the basis that no players would be sold. He's posted on Twitter: "Wish I could tweet!!!!!!!!!!"

Surely the manager's position is now untenable? Or is everyone in football without any morals?

Dont Forest have problems with ownership and arent they in the middle of takeover?

Wouldnt surprise if Lansbury leaves and goes to Burnley now.

You keep asking questions like the first line of this post when you already know the answer.

Not picking on you Chadds but it's bloody annoying. ;)

• Backroom

I know one who is fuming. The manager said no sales for any offer and the player was allegedly sold behind his back. Henri Lansbury signed his contract on the basis that no players would be sold. He's posted on Twitter: "Wish I could tweet!!!!!!!!!!"

Surely the manager's position is now untenable? Or is everyone in football without any morals?

Unless Lansbury had a clause written in his contract to that effect, he'll just have to deal with it. Welcome to the footballing world, where if people's lips are moving they are probably lying.

Nobbers moaning they have @#/? owners and they are worse than oyston n venkyscum..... Speechless

Don't know what they're moaning about, heady heights of the Championship means they are punching well above their weight.

• 2 weeks later...
  • Backroom

I see Brighton fans are saying Duffy is awful.

At fault for their 2 goals they concede yesterday.

Surely not. His dad will have to find a new set of fans to hate.

Bunn just let in a shot for Villa that was practically straight at him. Powerful and swerved a little, but a keeper at this level should be keeping that out imo.

• Backroom

That is an absolutely disgraceful second yellow for Pereira. The laws of the game are a @#/? joke.

It's one I will never understand, seen away players provoke the home fans when scoring to no punishment but celebrate with your own fans and get booked

That is an absolutely disgraceful second yellow for Pereira. The laws of the game are a @#/? joke.

Couldn't agree more. A worldie of an assist, celebrated with the fans. Off you go son.

How can you have sanctions for a reaction to a moment of absolute joy. The very thing that the TV cameras turn up for.

• Backroom

It's one I will never understand, seen away players provoke the home fans when scoring to no punishment but celebrate with your own fans and get booked

Did Duffy get booked last season for celebrating with our fans at Brentford? Honestly can't remember. I know for a fact this law is not enforced consistently though.

Couldn't agree more. A worldie of an assist, celebrated with the fans. Off you go son.

How can you have sanctions for a reaction to a moment of absolute joy. The very thing that the TV cameras turn up for.

It's a total disgrace. People complain about the players being too distant from the fans, then when something like that happens they get sent off. It's not on at all. If the Football League had any balls they would rescind that second yellow and warn the ref to use some common sense. Of course they won't do anything and hide behind "the laws of the game". Absolute bs and another way to disconnect players and fans.

• Backroom

For what it's worth, I thought the match itself was great. Very entertaining with both teams going for it. Some woeful defending but a fantastic spectacle for a neutral.

The decision to send Pereira off was shameful, but it's hard to lambast the ref for it. He was following the laws of the game and probably would have been giving a dressing down by his superiors had he not produced a second yellow. It's the laws themselves that need relaxing, a bit of common sense is needed.

How often have players or fans been injured through mutual celebration? Genuine question, as the only reason I can see for such a silly rule is that there have been many instances of injury in this scenario. Off the top of my head I can't remember any.

But but but but sponsors need their logos on display at all times! 90 minutes of up to 22 players wearing it, plus thousands of fans isn't enough.

But players running over to the fans take the cameras directly to sponsor logos...

Archived