BRFCS

BY THE FANS, FOR THE FANS
SINCE 1996
Proudly partnered with TheTerraceStore.com

[Archived] Championship 2016/17 Season

• Replies 2.1k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

I'm sorry J*B as much as I like Derby...

It's borderline criminal/insane that we plucked some daft t*** from the MLS after he was let go after his most recent failure. To think Warnock and possibly Chamack, Hoillett and Bamba would be here now is almost as offensive as the day he was appointed. Even McClaren. Whilst Villa get Bruce coincidently after we were scammed and relegated could have gone for after he was sacked by Sunderland.

He shares the same touchline now as players like Shearer, Sutton, Sherwood, Santa Cruz, McCarthy warmed up on. Let alone Hughes, Dalglish and I will say Hodgson from what he achieved elsewhere from a managerial point of view.

Who on earth would appoint OC to this great club with such a rich history if they were not unambitious, dodgy or just plain down designing another relegation?

Might have dumbed the club, supporters expectations but they wont ever manage to dumb down what preceded before them!

This club, has won a PL, a carling cup, created first class facilities like an academy and training ground whilst if the ground could get a jet wash isn't half bad. We are geared up to be topend Yo-Yo Championship or at least Premiership, what is happening before us now is a farce.

Coyle gives a good presser ... Remember that word?

But at least people like Hughesy and to his credit Bowyer knew what this club was about.

Think of the managers we could have had here over the last few years. When they got rid of Allardyce had there been a non-sinister agenda they could have had their pick of managers from around the world. When Kean finally went people like McCarthy and Bruce were on the market and would almost certainly have come here with the budget Kean wasted. I'd have bet a lot that had either been given the £15 million and wages that Kean wasted on Etuhu and Best etc. that McCarthy/Bruce would have got us promoted despite Venkys. This summer we could have had Warnock or McClaren yet turned our noses up at both of them. These fools thought they could do better, or at least as good, for less money, and look how its unfolding. Exactly as the majority of people expected it to with a manager not up to the job. How ironic that both those managers not good enough for Rovers have now ended up at rivals and will in all probability steer their clubs up the table leaving us with an even tougher task to survive this season.

I'm sorry J*B as much as I like Derby...

It's borderline criminal/insane that we plucked some daft t*** from the MLS after he was let go after his most recent failure. To think Warnock and possibly Chamack, Hoillett and Bamba would be here now is almost as offensive as the day he was appointed. Even McClaren. Whilst Villa get Bruce coincidently after we were scammed and relegated could have gone for after he was sacked by Sunderland.

He shares the same touchline now as players like Shearer, Sutton, Sherwood, Santa Cruz, McCarthy warmed up on. Let alone Hughes, Dalglish and I will say Hodgson from what he achieved elsewhere from a managerial point of view.

Who on earth would appoint OC to this great club with such a rich history if they were not unambitious, dodgy or just plain down designing another relegation?

Might have dumbed the club, supporters expectations but they wont ever manage to dumb down what preceded before them!

This club, has won a PL, a carling cup, created first class facilities like an academy and training ground whilst if the ground could get a jet wash isn't half bad. We are geared up to be topend Yo-Yo Championship or at least Premiership, what is happening before us now is a farce.

Coyle gives a good presser ... Remember that word?

But at least people like Hughesy and to his credit Bowyer knew what this club was about.

That's why Bowyer was the best man for the job as long as these fools own the club. He certainly wasn't perfect, but to last more than 2 years at this circus and steer the ship well whilst conducting himself properly was a job well done. When we look at what came before him and what has happened since, he stands out as the only manager who has lasted long enough to be judged in a positive light. It was a win-win situation with Bowyer. The owners had what they wanted - a manager prepared to work under tough conditions and a limited budget and who would probably keep the club in the division whilst developing players to sell for a profit. Meanwhile the fans were relatively content with the situation, pleased just to appear on the outside to be a normal club and concentrating on results whilst being managed by a bloke who 99% of people seemed to trust. Even though there were plenty of people dubious about Bowyer's style of play and tactical ability, even those people seemed to think he was a trustworthy man doing his best for the club and was a decent and honest bloke.

He knew the club inside out and succeeded in turning attentions away from the owners and onto the football. For a period we were a football club again and we could concentrate on results and performances rather than the owners every week.

I suppose it sums these fools up. Arguably the most worthwhile appointment they have made in their 6 years here was giving Bowyer the job. They hit the jackpot in finding someone within the club who could step up to do the job whilst cutting costs and making them money on players who the fans were prepared to accept, and they subsequently sacked him and now look at us. Going down and no more players left to sell for profit, managed by a man most people wouldn't trust as far as they could throw him.

That's why Bowyer was the best man for the job as long as these fools own the club. He certainly wasn't perfect, but to last more than 2 years at this circus and steer the ship well whilst conducting himself properly was a job well done. When we look at what came before him and what has happened since, he stands out as the only manager who has lasted long enough to be judged in a positive light. It was a win-win situation with Bowyer. The owners had what they wanted - a manager prepared to work under tough conditions and a limited budget and who would probably keep the club in the division whilst developing players to sell for a profit. Meanwhile the fans were relatively content with the situation, pleased just to appear on the outside to be a normal club and concentrating on results whilst being managed by a bloke who 99% of people seemed to trust. Even though there were plenty of people dubious about Bowyer's style of play and tactical ability, even those people seemed to think he was a trustworthy man doing his best for the club and was a decent and honest bloke.

He knew the club inside out and succeeded in turning attentions away from the owners and onto the football. For a period we were a football club again and we could concentrate on results and performances rather than the owners every week.

I suppose it sums these fools up. Arguably the most worthwhile appointment they have made in their 6 years here was giving Bowyer the job. They hit the jackpot in finding someone within the club who could step up to do the job whilst cutting costs and making them money on players who the fans were prepared to accept, and they subsequently sacked him and now look at us. Going down and no more players left to sell for profit, managed by a man most people wouldn't trust as far as they could throw him.

Bowyer was the right man for the club in the current circumstances and financial cutbacks.

I still don't understand why they brought Lambert in and never backed him and allowed him to walk away this summer even when he could get us promote

Think of the managers we could have had here over the last few years. When they got rid of Allardyce had there been a non-sinister agenda they could have had their pick of managers from around the world. When Kean finally went people like McCarthy and Bruce were on the market and would almost certainly have come here with the budget Kean wasted. I'd have bet a lot that had either been given the £15 million and wages that Kean wasted on Etuhu and Best etc. that McCarthy/Bruce would have got us promoted despite Venkys. This summer we could have had Warnock or McClaren yet turned our noses up at both of them. These fools thought they could do better, or at least as good, for less money, and look how its unfolding. Exactly as the majority of people expected it to with a manager not up to the job. How ironic that both those managers not good enough for Rovers have now ended up at rivals and will in all probability steer their clubs up the table leaving us with an even tougher task to survive this season.

I wish we had appointed Warnock as manager this summer. I was wrong to say other this summer.

I'm just wondering when (if ever) Cheston will retract his foolish and insulting comments made this summer about Coyle proving he was the best man for the job before a ball had even been kicked. Will it be when we're in League One? Whilst Cheston's another promoted beyond his station by the power vacuum created by the Indians, there was no need to make such ludicrous comments to the press. They showed him to be a complete amateur. What on earth has he done to be involved in a managerial appointment?

I very much doubt that Venkys have ever instructed Cheston to say anything. I suppose Pasha might have wanted to get a message out and therefore instructed Cheston to do his dirty work for him because he and his bosses are cowards, but more likely is that Cheston is a novice in football matters and seriously got taken hook, line and sinker by Coyle's talk and relentless positivity and seriously thought that making those comments to the Lancashire Telegraph would result in more fans buying in to the set up.

The fact that Cheston was on holiday when Coyle got the job having previously said he was the one leading the search and interviews for the new manager again sums up what a waste of space he is. Why tell everyone that you're heavily involved/central to the manager search, then go off on holiday before the appointment has been made, then return to find out someone completely different has been given the job, and then attempt to paper over that by telling the local newspaper that Coyle had already proved he was the best man for the job, before the season had even started? Its rank amateur, foolish and exposes the whole operation for the sham it is. Cheston would have been better just admitting that his role was merely one of recommending potential candidates and that he hoped Coyle would turn out to be the right man, rather than the nonsense about him proving he was the right man for the job as early as mid-July.

Bowyer was the right man for the club in the current circumstances and financial cutbacks.

I still don't understand why they brought Lambert in and never backed him and allowed him to walk away this summer even when he could get us promote

I wish we had appointed Warnock as manager this summer. I was wrong to say other this summer.

You always maintained you didn't want Warnock..

Chaddyrovers in changes his mind shocker lol

There's no coming back from telling fans to get back under their rocks

He was right to say it. He deserved a lot more respect than he got. He was running the football side of the club almost single-handed surrounded by utter fools at boardroom level and doing a good job. Unfortunately the 'Bowyer Out' mob thought we should have got in the play-offs/promoted with Willowe in midfield :wacko: and that if we got a new manager we'd miraculously get us in the play-offs. That's worked out well.

Eloquently put. The bitter irony in all this is that Bowyer was sacked for, in part, lacking ambition. I was told that by someone who said they would know. The same person told me that Lambert never wanted to come here in the 1st place and had to be asked quite a few times before he relented, albeit with a release clause that was always going to activated after he failed make any impression. When i recently mentioned that imo Coyle was an awful choice of manager and that the results proved it he said 'Coyle wasn't the problem'. You couldn't make it up.

They should have kept Bowyer. We were slowly improving when he left after an appalling start. We'd just got 14 points from his last 10 games. At that rate we wouldn't have gone down. He could have then been given the money wasted on Lambert and Coyle and all the loans they brought in, on a few decent young players that the club could have sold on for a profit. Bowyer was good at that. It may have gone a bit stale under Bowyer but stale is a lot better than where we are now,

The 'Bowyer Out' mob should hang their heads in shame. He had the interests of the club at heart.

• Moderation Lead

Eloquently put. The bitter irony in all this is that Bowyer was sacked for, in part, lacking ambition. I was told that by someone who said they would know. The same person told me that Lambert never wanted to come here in the 1st place and had to be asked quite a few times before he relented, albeit with a release clause that was always going to activated after he failed make any impression. When i recently mentioned that imo Coyle was an awful choice of manager and that the results proved it he said 'Coyle wasn't the problem'. You couldn't make it up.

They should have kept Bowyer. We were slowly improving when he left after an appalling start. We'd just got 14 points from his last 10 games. At that rate we wouldn't have gone down. He could have then been given the money wasted on Lambert and Coyle and all the loans they brought in, on a few decent young players that the club could have sold on for a profit. Bowyer was good at that. It may have gone a bit stale under Bowyer but stale is a lot better than where we are now,

The 'Bowyer Out' mob should hang their heads in shame. He had the interests of the club at heart.

Hang my head in shame for wanting my club to appoint a better manager and show some ambition? Absolutely not. The only people that should be hanging their heads in shame are our owners. THEY pulled the trigger and have been responsible for every balls up in the last six years, nobody else. We are not having this fan on fan rubbish again. The owners are to blame. *END*.

If we had known that this was Venky's plan all along, then fine, he should have continued. But the opportunity for an actual manager to come in after things had gone so stale with Bowyer was too good an opportunity to turn down, regardless how it may have ultimately ended up turning out. The money wasted on Lambert and Coyle? Christ alive, Bowyer at best had a 50% success rate in the transfer market. It's absolutely baffling that people STILL celebrate a manager making a transfer profit on players we've brought in over our league positions. I had no idea so many of our fans were accountants. (By the way, whisper it quietly, in spite of those transfer profits, we're still in a lot of debt).

Hindsight is an exact science.

Hang my head in shame for wanting my club to appoint a better manager and show some ambition? Absolutely not. The only people that should be hanging their heads in shame are our owners. THEY pulled the trigger and have been responsible for every balls up in the last six years, nobody else. We are not having this fan on fan rubbish again. The owners are to blame. *END*.

If we had known that this was Venky's plan all along, then fine, he should have continued. But the opportunity for an actual manager to come in after things had gone so stale with Bowyer was too good an opportunity to turn down, regardless how it may have ultimately ended up turning out. The money wasted on Lambert and Coyle? Christ alive, Bowyer at best had a 50% success rate in the transfer market. It's absolutely baffling that people STILL celebrate a manager making a transfer profit on players we've brought in over our league positions. I had no idea so many of our fans were accountants. (By the way, whisper it quietly, in spite of those transfer profits, we're still in a lot of debt).

The Bowyer-Out mob were braying for a long-time before it went stale.

We'd be in a lot more debt (to our awful owners) if it wasn't for Bowyer.

Idiots who can't run a club take advice from anywhere. Sometimes via text regarding substituitions. Sometimes from fans on MB's that they read. MB's that hammer the only decent thing that has happeend at this club in 6 years, because some fans arrogantly decided we were entitled to promotion even though it was highly doubtful we had players capable of it. The owners are to blame for our demise, everyone knows that, but the lack of respect Bowyer got on this MB was disgraceful.

Should he heck. The day fans start to accept the garbage on show under Bowyer is the day to pack it in.

You could be describing Allardyce there.

Hindsight is an exact science.

It is. Venky's have never appointed a decent manager, before or after Bowyer.

• Moderation Lead

We weren't entitled to promotion, but we shouldn't have been shipping late goals like we were, but then, you know that already. Quite why he wouldn't focus on shutting the back door when we were scoring goals for fun is ridiculous.

We had a squad capable of promotion, but a manager who cost us that whenever we got close.

Anyhow, this has gone too far off topic and I've given Blueboy the reaction he was baying for, more fool me.

He was right to say it. He deserved a lot more respect than he got. He was running the football side of the club almost single-handed surrounded by utter fools at boardroom level and doing a good job. Unfortunately the 'Bowyer Out' mob thought we should have got in the play-offs/promoted with Willowe in midfield :wacko: and that if we got a new manager we'd miraculously get us in the play-offs. That's worked out well.

Pardon my French, blueboy, but you are talking out of your rectum.

Fans expected better than a midtable finish with 40 goals worth of striking talent.

We weren't entitled to promotion, but we shouldn't have been shipping late goals like we were, but then, you know that already. Quite why he wouldn't focus on shutting the back door when we were scoring goals for fun is ridiculous.

We had a squad capable of promotion, but a manager who cost us that whenever we got close.

Anyhow, this has gone too far off topic and I've given Blueboy the reaction he was baying for, more fool me.

Grow up. If you think everyone's a troll who doesn't share your viewpoint then it's a shame you're a mod. When you also can't engage in a discussion without resorting to 'dog-whistling' then why bother?

This may be news to you but people are allowed an opinion that differs to yours. Try not to be so precious.

:lol: Yes I'm very ashamed for wanting rid of a manager who was taking us down. You do realise that is what was happening right? Coyle has pressed the accelerator but him and Bowyer were taking us in exactly the same direction with exactly the same end result.

Having said that, Coyle has pressed the accelerator of our decline but Lambert massively applied the brakes. Pretending we never had either and just had Bowyer in charge right up to now, I think we'd have narrowly escaped relegation last season and gone down this season. So pining for Bowyer is pretty daft really, the only plus point about him is he was a Rovers man.

Well Tony Parkes was a Rovers man and the first thing Hughes did was get shut of him, before delivering 3 brilliant years. Don't get me wrong, I'm loyal to a fault to Rovers stalwarts who benefit the club (nearly got in a few punch-ups defending Pedersen back in the day) but personally I won't sacrifice the chance of success to basically indulge in charity cases. How's Bowyer getting on at Blackpool? He's a poor manager, simple as that.

Archived