BRFCS

BY THE FANS, FOR THE FANS
SINCE 1996
Proudly partnered with TheTerraceStore.com

[Archived] Championship 2016/17 Season

I'm not the only one who thinks that... BTW changed your mind on Warnock didn't you

I'm not the only one who thinks that... BTW changed your mind on Warnock didn't you

Who cares?

Its about opinion. Oh wait you cant post on here unless you are posting something negative. I forgot this special rule

• Replies 2.1k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Its about opinion. Oh wait you cant post on here unless you are posting something negative. I forgot this special rule

We have lots of special rules. One of which is 'Thou shalt not question a fraction of chaddy's post'.

Who cares?

You can post as positively as you like Chaddy, but quoting current form tables isn't going to muster too much positivity on here - is it? There's a difference between being positive and being honest you know. As a club and as a team, there's not much going for us at the moment. In fact, to be totally honest, there's nothing going for us.

current form table(last 6 games) as us in 13th place.

http://www.soccerstats.com/formtable.asp?league=england2

I think Rotherham, Wigan and Burton will be the bottom 3 come end of the season. (This is my opinion before anybody starts having a go which certain people will do)

I agree, it is also just an opinion! Although an opinion based on 45 years of watching and playing football

After that shambles yesterday and God damn awful tactics for a bottom three side to go for a draw at home against a team who haven't scored in God knows how long is depressing

That yesterday just proved were going down

I haven't looked at the recent form table above, but I am guessing, it consists of the last 6 games. Based on the last 3 I think we are getting a clearer picture of where we stand. We have picked up one point an failed to sore in any of them. We desperately need to get 3 points on Tuesday, but I honestly can't see it. Looking at Saturdays game too, it will be either 1 or no points from the last 5 in my opinion and if we still haven't scored by this time next week, then the form table based on the last 6 will look a whole lot different.

You can post as positively as you like Chaddy, but quoting current form tables isn't going to muster too much positivity on here - is it? There's a difference between being positive and being honest you know. As a club and as a team, there's not much going for us at the moment. In fact, to be totally honest, there's nothing going for us.

Being positive about Rovers is akin to being in denial. Ordinarily positivity is great but there is nothing to even feel slightly optimistic about.

I posted the form table to show that they are some side in the bottom 8 who are in worst form than us.

Yesterday's performance was very poor and I posted that aswell. I didn't posted one single positive thing. I was very annoyed by the performance

After that shambles yesterday and God damn awful tactics for a bottom three side to go for a draw at home against a team who haven't scored in God knows how long is depressing

Ipswich haven't scored in 5 games now and based on yesterday performance you can see why. Best and Sears up front? no wonder they don't score goals and a lot of Ipswich fans wanted McCarthy out

I agree the tactics were completely wrong. we played 25 long balls up to Gallagher who didn't win one header dual wioth the Ipswich defenders. Ipswich back 4 are tall defenders so our game plan/tactics needed to be a short quick passing style which would have created loads of problems. Coyle didn't look to change anything tactically wise. Why not back on Stokes for Gallagher and play that sort of style? or even go 4-3-3 with Emnes, Gallagher and Stokes up front?

I posted the form table to show that they are some side in the bottom 8 who are in worst form than us.

Yesterday's performance was very poor and I posted that aswell. I didn't posted one single positive thing. I was very annoyed by the performance

Ipswich haven't scored in 5 games now and based on yesterday performance you can see why. Best and Sears up front? no wonder they don't score goals and a lot of Ipswich fans wanted McCarthy out

I agree the tactics were completely wrong. we played 25 long balls up to Gallagher who didn't win one header dual wioth the Ipswich defenders. Ipswich back 4 are tall defenders so our game plan/tactics needed to be a short quick passing style which would have created loads of problems. Coyle didn't look to change anything tactically wise. Why not back on Stokes for Gallagher and play that sort of style? or even go 4-3-3 with Emnes, Gallagher and Stokes up front?

Emnes was in berras back pocket we needed something extra.. The substitutes made were to see the game out for a draw. Shocking from Coyle tactics wise a blind man could see why that sides bottom three

Ipswich are awful and cant score. The worrying thing is they created more than us and were better than us.

Will we go down?

With Coyle yes as we are tactically inept. With another manager possibly. I'm not sure if the players are as good as some believe.

jesus chaddy give it a bleeding rest over a form table....theres ONE TABLE that counts and we are currently crap in it. Its not a case of negative posts only its a case of seeing the real picture ,the actual real precerious postion the club finds itself in. Mask over it all you want to but if you refuse to see it then more fool you and the other ostriches as well.

From a nothern based Ipswich fan 'BRFC are an utter shambles and have been for years infact the only thing that's kept them in this div was they could go and spend 8 million parachute money on Rhodes. Time and again he turned rancid draws like yesterday into home wins for them. Since he went they've dropped like a stone'

Another one.

'Never seen such a sparse crowd at Ewood before, only one way that lot are going. Beware Town fans constantly on Evans back, that could be us next'.

Painful reading.

Emnes was in berras back pocket we needed something extra.. The substitutes made were to see the game out for a draw. Shocking from Coyle tactics wise a blind man could see why that sides bottom three

Agree. Thats why Stokes should have come on.

Tried something different.

Just watching the Udders v Wednesday game, 22k on today, don't think I've ever seen home fans on the away end due to demand.

Sounds like the towns buzzing, all credit to them.

Cos they have a manager with ambition and an owners with ambition.

We have a manager with ambition in Paul Lambert but the owners wouldnt back him

Just watching the Udders v Wednesday game, 22k on today, don't think I've ever seen home fans on the away end due to demand.

Sounds like the towns buzzing, all credit to them.

They started putting home fans in the same stand as the away fans last season in an attempt to improve the atmosphere at the ground and develop a singing section. The club have actively put a lot of effort into doing this by offering cheaper tickets for fans, allowing them to take banners/flags etc. into the ground and have tried their best to accommodate fans of all preferences by putting them in places that suit their desires.

They originally tried to do the same thing at the opposite end of the ground behind the goals, but this wasn't as successful as that area is low down in a small tier at the opposite end to the away fans so they eventually turned their attentions to sharing the away end between home and away fans. The result of this has been that on several occasions they have had to restrict the number of tickets available to away fans to enable their home fans to have seats in that stand. Clubs like Wednesday today could easily have filled the whole away stand but were limited to half to give the home fans that area (contrast with our club who have been more than happy on several occasions to boot season ticket holders out of the Darwen End and even some parts of the JW/Riverside to accommodate huge away followings).

Another thing that annoys me is offering £22 tickets for Ipswich yesterday, yet when we went to their place last season on a Tuesday night they charged our fans £35 a ticket. There's no reason Rovers couldn't do the same to them and put their fans in the upper tier out of the way. But good old Rovers want to make the away fans feel welcome.

Huddersfield have even taken a financial hit to do this, because of the benefits of filling the ground. Its a snowball effect. A full house is a better atmosphere, makes people want to come back, and it transmits to the players.

The contrast to our club couldn't be greater. They have a chairman who understands the importance of generating an atmosphere in the ground, a chairman who takes an active interest in trying to improve the matchday experience for all, and who is now reaping the benefits of his hard work with 20,000 crowds and good atmospheres every week. Meanwhile good old Rovers couldn't care less about the matchday experience, which I have to say this season has plummeted to new depths. The deadbeat drone of the tannoy operator at half time, the pitiful attempt to welcome the players out for the second half on the microphone, the same old music of Final Countdown, Wild Rover and the World Cup 98 music played at low volume. Its like a morgue. Of course Venkys are the ultimate cause of this insipid, mind numbing 'atmosphere' but the staff at Ewood are also partly responsible. Its a 'couldn't care less/not my job' attitude and it absolutely stinks. At least when Myers was here there was some attempt at trying different music and the attempt at 'wear your colours' and filling the Blackburn End lower. Half time 'entertainment' every week is watching 8 year olds try to score in some nets. Awful stuff. No attempts made whatsoever to freshen things up and try and improve the experience.

They started putting home fans in the same stand as the away fans last season in an attempt to improve the atmosphere at the ground and develop a singing section. The club have actively put a lot of effort into doing this by offering cheaper tickets for fans, allowing them to take banners/flags etc. into the ground and have tried their best to accommodate fans of all preferences by putting them in places that suit their desires.

They originally tried to do the same thing at the opposite end of the ground behind the goals, but this wasn't as successful as that area is low down in a small tier at the opposite end to the away fans so they eventually turned their attentions to sharing the away end between home and away fans. The result of this has been that on several occasions they have had to restrict the number of tickets available to away fans to enable their home fans to have seats in that stand. Clubs like Wednesday today could easily have filled the whole away stand but were limited to half to give the home fans that area (contrast with our club who have been more than happy on several occasions to boot season ticket holders out of the Darwen End and even some parts of the JW/Riverside to accommodate huge away followings).

Another thing that annoys me is offering £22 tickets for Ipswich yesterday, yet when we went to their place last season on a Tuesday night they charged our fans £35 a ticket. There's no reason Rovers couldn't do the same to them and put their fans in the upper tier out of the way. But good old Rovers want to make the away fans feel welcome.

Huddersfield have even taken a financial hit to do this, because of the benefits of filling the ground. Its a snowball effect. A full house is a better atmosphere, makes people want to come back, and it transmits to the players.

The contrast to our club couldn't be greater. They have a chairman who understands the importance of generating an atmosphere in the ground, a chairman who takes an active interest in trying to improve the matchday experience for all, and who is now reaping the benefits of his hard work with 20,000 crowds and good atmospheres every week. Meanwhile good old Rovers couldn't care less about the matchday experience, which I have to say this season has plummeted to new depths. The deadbeat drone of the tannoy operator at half time, the pitiful attempt to welcome the players out for the second half on the microphone, the same old music of Final Countdown, Wild Rover and the World Cup 98 music played at low volume. Its like a morgue. Of course Venkys are the ultimate cause of this insipid, mind numbing 'atmosphere' but the staff at Ewood are also partly responsible. Its a 'couldn't care less/not my job' attitude and it absolutely stinks. At least when Myers was here there was some attempt at trying different music and the attempt at 'wear your colours' and filling the Blackburn End lower. Half time 'entertainment' every week is watching 8 year olds try to score in some nets. Awful stuff. No attempts made whatsoever to freshen things up and try and improve the experience.

Sorry but just the fact they've got a chairman, full stop.

No real surprises. They've been dreadful this season and are certainties for the drop unless they make radical change. They won't just accept their fate and go down without a fight, they will change things to try and survive.

Unfortunately for them there's no Neil Warnock to rescue them this time, but their chairman is a fairly clued up bloke who I'm sure will have someone ready to come in. Wouldn't surprise me to see Steve Evans go back there.

Archived