BY THE FANS, FOR THE FANS
SINCE 1996
Proudly partnered with TheTerraceStore.com

[Archived] Championship 2016/17 Season

• Replies 2.1k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

They picked up a suspension and a couple of injuries as well

One of those worrying games where everything looks like a win!

I agree, it'll be a real indicator if we're making any progress. Training must have been better this morning and confidence should be growing amongst the players. The same team starting should be good.

Would that be otherwise known as 'doing a Lambert'?

You could say he's Jacketted it in.

Watched Huddersfield game.they should have had 3 penalties.looked fit.a bit Brentfordian though.poor central defence.get galley running at em.wilds chut played on his own up front and frightened them to death.we've a chance but one can never be optimistic.

Watched Huddersfield game.they should have had 3 penalties.looked fit.a bit Brentfordian though.poor central defence.get galley running at em.wilds chut played on his own up front and frightened them to death.we've a chance but one can never be optimistic.

For me Huddersfield are a pretty ordinary average championship side who've benefited from a manager with a fresh approach. Not a team that's spent much nor has a lot of quality so i don't think there are ever going to sustain their good start unless they invest.

Just shows what a good manager can do but the weaknesses soon get exposed again you can't out football teams every week in this league unless your very good.

With a new chairman appointed last year called Anderson, the writing was on the wall for the Wanderers.

Ken Anderson (The Brains) ex football agent and Holdsworth (Ex BWFC Legend) and i believe the one who attracted investors fell out in the summer.

They've had a one in one out policy all season implied by the FA and as such are struggling to pay this months payroll. Given the FA have been monitoring them and took so long to rubber stamp the takeover then this is indeed another great executed plan by the FA.

This was predicted some time ago wasn't it. That it wouldn't be long before we'd go from only accepting a play-off challenge to accepting 4th from bottom as being a good season.

It's happened . . . arggghhhhhh! Though it doesn't take long for fans to accept and adapt.

People keep saying - this league is unforgiving - yet at the same time that gives hope to almost all. Early pace-setters Norwich 13 points off the top? Leeds in 5th? Derby one win from the play-offs? Rovers above Paul Lambert's Wolves? JESUS! :huh:

We would have accepted 4th from bottom in the PL, but the Vanksters fecked it up

Sent from my Hisense F20 using Tapatalk

Jackett decided to walk away according to local reports due lack of funds and not being able to invest in the squad

I hope Jackett didnt leave his shoes, pants, socks and shirt behind

I dont know your background, so apologies for this, but why so many dots?

Sent from my Hisense F20 using Tapatalk

Cheston will be rummaging around on his desk for Lambert's mobile number if there's a chance of selling Marshall to Wolves in January.

I'd be prepared to drive Bennett to Wolves if they were paying money for him, but if they've serious aspirations of promotion I'd be surprised if he was the sort of player they were after. I think he was brought to Rovers with Ward because he was cheap and available and Lambert wanted people he could trust at Brockhall quickly to patch up the squad until the summer. At Wolves he will be given far more freedom and opportunity to bring in better players than Bennett.

Paul Lambert has said he is looking at overhaul in squad and to have more British based players in the squad.

I think he will come in for Bennett.

I hope you are right but I do prefer Bennett to Feeney.

Feeney has perked up slightly but I'd drive both Bennett and Feeney anywhere they wanted to go tbh.

Interesting game tonight between QPR and Wolves. You could argue they both badly need a result with Holloway suffering a 3-0 defeat at Ipswich after an opening win.

A draw would be preferable for me. Keep both teams in the mix and if we win we can make up ground on them both.

A Wolves win would cause some panic at QPR though, who at the moment are only 5 points above 2nd bottom. I'm not at all sure why they appointed Holloway who I think is a busted flush and I wouldn't rule out a relegation scrap for them.

• Backroom

Wolves 2-0 up and leapfrogging us leaving us just one place and one point above the bottom 3 going into week end (I'd probably take that going into the last week of the season)

Plus point is it drags QPR into the equation. Only 5 points above the drop zone with all the teams below having a game in hand.

Too early to be too concerned about what other teams are doing, but I doubt Wolves will be in the shake up come May.

Is anyone watching Forest v Humbugs.

This is entertaining stuff. 2 sendings off for the Humbugs resulting in 2 penalties (both saved by the Humbug keeper).

Humbugs 1 up.

I must say, I've seen some bad officiating in this league - but this has been diabolical so far. I almost feel sorry for the Humbugs.

Still, it's made a game of it as Forest look complete toilet.

Archived