BRFCS

BY THE FANS, FOR THE FANS
SINCE 1996
Proudly partnered with TheTerraceStore.com

[Archived] Championship 2016/17 Season

Interesting quotes from Warnock in the media today. When asked how he motivates himself at his age, his reply was that he drives himself to try and prove people wrong and show to those clubs that have overlooked him for their jobs were wrong to do so. He has also said that after getting the Cardiff job he sent messages to the 4 clubs he spoke to in the summer who ultimately went elsewhere saying 'see you soon'!

I can't imagine anything would give him greater satisfaction than seeing us get relegated this season, and despite what Cheston's slideshow says, it was entirely avoidable with a sensible and thought out managerial search rather than what we got.

• Replies 2.1k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Practically inevitable. It's a very simple business in my opinion picking a manager. You could pretty much scrap the application phase, scrap the recruitment phase, and just have a look at their managerial stats on their Wikipedia page.

Obviously you need to take the football tier and club size into account, but if you've got someone who's achieved success on similar resources in the same league with another club, 9 times out of 10 he'll do exactly the same with yours. Easy, guaranteed.

Don't follow that and you're replacing stats with your own judgement call. Even pre-Venkys that resulted in 3 failures and just 1 success after Dalglish with Harford, Kidd and Ince the experiments gone wrong and only Hughes a success.

The problem with football manager judgements I think among the stupider owners (and for that matter a number of fans) is the old stagers are seen of as boring, lacking style, or are disliked for some former club/game/player/commemt/any other situation that can spark rivalry or animosity in football.

So the likes of Allardyce, Warnock, Pulis, Pardew etc are regularly under-rated whilst the experimental option is often welcomed with an entirely misplaced sense of optimism. Kean, Berg, Appleton, Bowyer, Coyle, all idiotic appointments by the law of Wikipedia stats and so it inevitably proved.

Practically inevitable. It's a very simple business in my opinion picking a manager. You could pretty much scrap the application phase, scrap the recruitment phase, and just have a look at their managerial stats on their Wikipedia page.

Obviously you need to take the football tier and club size into account, but if you've got someone who's achieved success on similar resources in the same league with another club, 9 times out of 10 he'll do exactly the same with yours. Easy, guaranteed.

Don't follow that and you're replacing stats with your own judgement call. Even pre-Venkys that resulted in 3 failures and just 1 success after Dalglish with Harford, Kidd and Ince the experiments gone wrong and only Hughes a success.

The problem with football manager judgements I think among the stupider owners (and for that matter a number of fans) is the old stagers are seen of as boring, lacking style, or are disliked for some former club/game/player/commemt/any other situation that can spark rivalry or animosity in football.

So the likes of Allardyce, Warnock, Pulis, Pardew etc are regularly under-rated whilst the experimental option is often welcomed with an entirely misplaced sense of optimism. Kean, Berg, Appleton, Bowyer, Coyle, all idiotic appointments by the law of Wikipedia stats and so it inevitably proved.

Wasnt Souness a success here?

Bowyer rebuild a club and got fans talking football again. Just couldnt get us that final step which was promotion.

I think Lambert would have got us promotion/playoffs this season if Venkys would have backed him financially. But we never know now how successful Lambert would have been here

Wasnt Souness a success here?

Bowyer rebuild a club and got fans talking football again. Just couldnt get us that final step which was promotion.

I think Lambert would have got us promotion/playoffs this season if Venkys would have backed him financially. But we never know now how successful Lambert would have been here

Bowyer rebuilt the club ?????????? are you reinventing the wheel...............the chadster who's back tracked on warnock

Yep, from the academy lads through to the first team.

Pity he was too gormless to realise goals conceeded are just as important as goals scored. Strange having been around football for years he never worked out there are two goals on a football pitch.

Cracking result for Cardiff. Hardly unexpected either. Very good manager Warnock who has brought four good / useful players in straight away. You have to think they will be safe this year.

Good result for Forest as well. Subject to a 50 million bid being successful with new owners should see them safe as well.

We are now 2nd bottom after those results. The Ipswich game looks big already.

Knowing we passed up Warnock for Coyle just says everything you ever needed to know about Venkys.

Clueless morons controlled by Agents.

The ridiculous/infuriating thing is that was about Catastrophic Blunder #17 for Venkys. Catastrophic Blunder #16 was not throwing money at Lambert in sheer relief that a proper manager was willing to sort this total joke of a situation out.

Fully expect Derby, Villa, Forest and Cardiff to start getting improved results. Rotherham will pot their manager soon and may get another Warnock in. Preston are more robust, newly promoted Wigan and Burton may improve as they find their feet. Leeds are topsy turvy and anything could happen there, but we are currently the easiest to predict out of all as we don't own our players, don't know our best team, have settled for 2nd best in charge, have a totally fractured fanbase with zero energy and seemingly have no intention of changing or improving anything.

Change nothing and nothing will change.

The ridiculous/infuriating thing is that was about Catastrophic Blunder #17 for Venkys. Catastrophic Blunder #16 was not throwing money at Lambert in sheer relief that a proper manager was willing to sort this total joke of a situation out.

If we wrote down all of Venkys blunders as soon as the list was done, we'd all be reaching for a noose.

A depressing list, where every single item on it could have been avoided with an ounce of common sense.

This has the potential to be the least competitive relegation shake up in recent Championship history. Beyond the current bottom 3 and possibly Burton Albion, I'm really struggling to see where any other serious relegation candidates are going to come from for us to try and finish above. Leeds and Forest are unpredictable but keep on picking those wins up, there's no way Villa or Derby will stay down there. Preston have improved and are a tough side to beat. Barnsley and Bristol City have got off to strong starts and are well on their way to survival already.

Beyond that we also have to factor in likely managerial changes at Wigan and Rotherham if they carry on as they are. Neither will go down with a whimper without rolling the dice. Rumours are that Stubbs is on his last legs at Rotherham and they have a chairman who knows how to change things at the right time.

Meanwhile we'll just carry on regardless as the games tick by and the number of rivals and chances of survival diminish every week.

Thats my opinion but clearly you dont agree? Thats fine no problem.

But I believe he did considering where we were when he took over us and the mess the club was in when he took over us..

You're Clueless pal your living in a make believe dream world

Thats my opinion but clearly you dont agree? Thats fine no problem.

But I believe he did considering where we were when he took over us and the mess the club was in when he took over us..

You're Clueless pal your living in a make believe dream world

well that's your opinion.

That's why this is football messageboard for different opinions

I'm not the only one who thinks that... BTW changed your mind on Warnock didn't you

well that's your opinion.

That's why this is football messageboard for different opinions

I'm not the only one who thinks that... BTW changed your mind on Warnock didn't you

current form table(last 6 games) as us in 13th place.

http://www.soccerstats.com/formtable.asp?league=england2

I think Rotherham, Wigan and Burton will be the bottom 3 come end of the season. (This is my opinion before anybody starts having a go which certain people will do)

Whoop woop

Hail the V's

What do you base that on ? Current form ? We are 2nd bottom !!!!! Get your head out the sand and smell the fecking coffee

Archived