BRFCS

BY THE FANS, FOR THE FANS
SINCE 1996
Proudly partnered with TheTerraceStore.com

[Archived] Championship 2016/17 Season

• Moderation Lead

Grow up. If you think everyone's a troll who doesn't share your viewpoint then it's a shame you're a mod. When you also can't engage in a discussion without resorting to 'dog-whistling' then why bother?

This may be news to you but people are allowed an opinion that differs to yours. Try not to be so precious.

Ha, brilliant. I don't think everyone is a troll that disagrees with me, please don't put words in my mouth, it felt like you were on the wind-up.

• Replies 2.1k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Pardon my French, blueboy, but you are talking out of your rectum.

Fans expected better than a midtable finish with 40 goals worth of striking talent.

He did very well to establish that strikeforce. He bought Rudy for a song (message to rudy?) and then bought Conway to tee him up. Genius management for a combined fee of £350K. Nobody else did that. It was Bowyer. Rhodes banged the other 20 in. Some people don't rate him so Bowyer did well to get anything out of him!

Unfortunately 40 goals don't guarantee promotion. Surely you know this? Especially with Willowe in midfield. I'm surprised we came 8th and 9th.

Try again Amo lad.

• Moderation Lead

you ignored the rest i see? Take a look, someone else has called you out on your disgraceful post.

I read the rest, it was a simple continuation of what you said to me. Disgraceful? And you told me to grow up and not be so precious. Fantastic.

Have a nice day.

He did very well to establish that strikeforce. He bought Rudy for a song (message to rudy?) and then bought Conway to tee him up. Genius management for a combined fee of £350K. Nobody else did that. It was Bowyer. Rhodes banged the other 20 in. Some people don't rate him so Bowyer did well to get anything out of him!

Unfortunately 40 goals don't guarantee promotion. Surely you know this? Especially with Willowe in midfield. I'm surprised we came 8th and 9th.

Try again Amo lad.

And Steve Kean got a good return out of Yakubu. We still got relegated.

You keep talking about 'Willowe' as if Bowyer was forced to play them together. It was his own pigheadedness that dictated that Lowe play at any cost.

:lol:Yes I'm very ashamed for wanting rid of a manager who was taking us down. You do realise that is what was happening right? Coyle has pressed the accelerator but him and Bowyer were taking us in exactly the same direction with exactly the same end result.

Having said that, Coyle has pressed the accelerator of our decline but Lambert massively applied the brakes. Pretending we never had either and just had Bowyer in charge right up to now, I think we'd have narrowly escaped relegation last season and gone down this season. So pining for Bowyer is pretty daft really, the only plus point about him is he was a Rovers man.

Well Tony Parkes was a Rovers man and the first thing Hughes did was get shut of him, before delivering 3 brilliant years. Don't get me wrong, I'm loyal to a fault to Rovers stalwarts who benefit the club (nearly got in a few punch-ups defending Pedersen back in the day) but personally I won't sacrifice the chance of success to basically indulge in charity cases. How's Bowyer getting on at Blackpool? He's a poor manager, simple as that.

Good to see you smiling. I'm pretty sure I discussed this in my earlier post. 14 points from his last 10 games in charge. You do know this right? We wern't going down. We were in 16th when he was sacked, pretty much where we finished the season. I'm not sure what brakes Lambert was using but we didn't win for nine games under him :lol: (if you include a 'laugh' does that make you superior and condescending?)

How's Lambert getting on with his JSA? Plenty of jobs going in the Championship recently.

Try again Amo lad.

Why if Bowyer was a good manager did he keep picking 'Willowe' then? Bowyer had plus points without a doubt but I felt he had and showed far too many weaknesses. If Lambert had been allowed to spend some money and had 40+ goals from his strikers I think he would have taken us up.

In my opinion the poor start to last season was also a direct result of the ownership situation. It has been a recurring theme of summer transfer windows that we seem to leave it until the last minute to do our business and that we are on the back foot from the moment the previous season ends. Other clubs are busy putting foundations in place months and months ahead of us.

I take Huddersfield as a prime example. This time last season they were in a similar situation to ourselves - struggling down at the bottom end of the Championship. They made a managerial change around the same time as we brought in Lambert. Their results over the course of the rest of the season were similar/worse than ours under Lambert, and they ended up just about surviving. However their manager had been given the ability to put foundations in place, and they hit the summer running with new signings lined up and in the building early doors ready to get up to speed and well drilled for the season ahead.

The contrast with our mob couldn't be greater. Lambert actually conducted himself very well - he moaned and groaned a few times, as he was probably entitled to, but he stuck at it, made sure he delivered the minimum of keeping us up, gave the club notice in good time that he was leaving, and gave them plenty of time to sort out a replacement. He could have thrown a wobbler in March or April and walked out the night before a game leaving us in dire straits. They had an opportunity presented to them to do things properly this summer. They ought to have had a new manager lined up as soon as Lambert said he was going, the ridiculous and flawed 2 month long search could have fatal consequences.

I think that every May we set out on the back foot and never really recover from that. Its dreadful planning. It happened under Kean when we left it until the last minute to sign Yakubu and Dann and we were playing catch up that season we got relegated. It happened under Bowyer when the transfer policy appeared to change mid-way through his first summer and he was given more freedom to spend money after having already brought players in. It happened last summer when we were scurrying around trying to find freebies to fill the squad up at the last minute. It happened this season with the influx of loans only arriving when other clubs agreed to it or when others had been sold to free up more funds.

When we go down, which will in all probability be this season, then we won't be in a position to bounce back up like Wigan and Wolves did because there comes a time when plans have to be put in place for rebuilding ahead of a promotion push, these people will do nothing until June/July when it is far too late.

If it ain't broke then don't fix it is the right term here. They had things ticking over quite nicely under Bowyer and could probably have carried on for another few years cashing in on his players whilst he kept us above water and the fans were relatively calm. Sacking him and them embarking on the Lambert fiasco and then failing to learn from previous mistakes this summer has opened up a whole new can of worms.

Quite right. The decisions they eventually make are nearly always baldly wrong but the time taken to reach them means they are unlikely to work out anyway.

They are incapable of even employing a workable process.

Warnock got it right "a club that doesn't know what its doing."

Quite right. The decisions they eventually make are nearly always baldly wrong but the time taken to reach them means they are unlikely to work out anyway.

They are incapable of even employing a workable process.

Warnock got it right "a club that doesn't know what its doing."

Warnock only just joined the back of the queue 47er

Most of us have know this since the beginning of this whole debacle

Why if Bowyer was a good manager did he keep picking 'Willowe' then? Bowyer had plus points without a doubt but I felt he had and showed far too many weaknesses. If Lambert had been allowed to spend some money and had 40+ goals from his strikers I think he would have taken us up.

Bowyer was another Tony Parkes. A trusty stalwart for steadying the ship but unable to put together a promotion-chasing side.

Posts hidden?

You've got one topic talking about how quiet it is on here and in another posts are being deleted.

Fine it was off topic but why couldn't they have all been moved to an appropriate topic? Is it because of the argument, jeez it's a message board, there's gonna be arguments.

Unless it was just that some mod has had enough of people raking over old ground with Bowyer. Well when you've got a club with owners who are conducting a slow dismantling over a matter of years that nobody can do anything about, the list of fresh new talking points grows very thin.

No idea what has been deleted but I would guess its to do with the Chaddy rule .,

Rule 1. Thou shalt not criticise Chaddy and posts shall be removed

Rule 99

See rule 1

Actually, on this occasion it was Blueboy. He got into a spat with KHod, and next thing we know... boom!

Actually, on this occasion it was Blueboy. He got into a spat with KHod, and next thing we know... boom!

He got into a spat with me, not the other way round. There's not a lot else to read tbh. At least it was a discussion about football, well until it was ruined by K-Hod the self-proclaimed moody mod. He then deletes all the evidence, or one of his chums did, meaning some good posts by others were removed.

And people wonder why the board is dying on its arse.

• Backroom

Cardiff leading 2-1 at home, amazing what happens when a proper manager is appointed!

That's is one further place down the table before kick off

Archived