BRFCS

BY THE FANS, FOR THE FANS
SINCE 1996
Proudly partnered with TheTerraceStore.com

[Archived] Championship 2016/17 Season

• Replies 2.1k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Didn't really know where to put this, so I suppose this thread will do... GB, Kevin Davies and Steve McClaren are attending the same university course...

http://www.bbc.com/sport/football/37318373

Looks like GB may not see a long term future in management...

Surprised not to see a few agents on that course (sponsored by the FA) after the succesfull Blackburn Rovers trial

For what it's worth, I thought the match itself was great. Very entertaining with both teams going for it. Some woeful defending but a fantastic spectacle for a neutral.

The decision to send Pereira off was shameful, but it's hard to lambast the ref for it. He was following the laws of the game and probably would have been giving a dressing down by his superiors had he not produced a second yellow. It's the laws themselves that need relaxing, a bit of common sense is needed.

How often have players or fans been injured through mutual celebration? Genuine question, as the only reason I can see for such a silly rule is that there have been many instances of injury in this scenario. Off the top of my head I can't remember any.

I can remember one from a few years back where one team-mate picked up the scorer in the celebration of the goal and he went over his shoulder and landed on his head! I've an idea it was a Cup Final but I could be totally wrong!

(Not that it detracts from your point of course!)

I can remember one from a few years back where one team-mate picked up the scorer in the celebration of the goal and he went over his shoulder and landed on his head! I've an idea it was a Cup Final but I could be totally wrong!

(Not that it detracts from your point of course!)

It was Tony Adams who dropped Steve Morrow after Arsenal had actually won the Littlewoods Cup at Wembley. The story goes that Morrow was asked in hospital how he sustained the injury (broken shoulder from memory) he replied "I fell off a donkey".

Preston fans yesterday were after Grayson being sack. I really don't get why they want rid. He has had no money to spend this summer and Garner was sold, their owner not investing millions but to his credit they are debt free(which is a good thing). so who better could they honestly get tbh?

Maybe the fans expectations have bigger than the owners expectations are?

Jeremy Helan from Sheffield Wednesday has retired at 24 to devote his life to his religion (Islam) which is a surprising move

I remember Peter Knowles walking out on Wolves in 1969 to become a Jehovah's Witness. At the time he was one of the outstanding young players in the First Division and an England Under-23 international on the verge of full England honours. If I remember rightly, I think Wolves retained his registration for many years in the hope he would return but he never did.

I remember Peter Knowles walking out on Wolves in 1969 to become a Jehovah's Witness. At the time he was one of the outstanding young players in the First Division and an England Under-23 international on the verge of full England honours. If I remember rightly, I think Wolves retained his registration for many years in the hope he would return but he never did.

Yeah remember that well. Big sensation at the time.

Preston and Wigan both look like good teams from a distance.

I thought both teams looked really poor. Not having seen Rovers this season I have nothing to compare them against but if the standard of Rovers is worse than them two then we must be bad.

Not too surprised Preston won. Grayson is a good manager - admittedly I keep saying this - and he did a great job lad year of keeping a league 1 standard club in the championship. Think he'll probably do so again, although Preston's team is no better than ours. That's the difference a good manager makes.

Archived