BRFCS

BY THE FANS, FOR THE FANS
SINCE 1996
Proudly partnered with TheTerraceStore.com

[Archived] Championship 2016/17 Season

At this point I'm not sure Shebby could make things any worse. But if he returns I think I'll be taking a long stroll into the ocean.

We should just stay in the ocean and let sharks take us out if our misery lol :D

• Replies 2.1k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

At this point I'm not sure Shebby could make things any worse. But if he returns I think I'll be taking a long stroll into the ocean.

Lol.

It's gotten to the point for me where if they're not gonna hire a competent manager then the least they could do is hire a funny one. Coyley is kinda funny but let's bring Shebby back to facilitate the appointment of Judan Ali.

So glad that Leeds got smashed. The guy I talk to at work about footy is a Leeds fan, makes tomorrow slightly easier. Shared misery and all that.

You can cry on each others shoulders :D

In fairness, Venky's are actually not well known for being trigger happy with managers they've hired. Remove Berg and Appleton from the equation and you find that Kean and Bowyer both got far more time than they deserved. Lambert left by his own choice - I imagine Venky's would have happily continued ignoring him otherwise.

That's why Coyle concerns me. There's no chance he'll have the decency to walk, and when Jerome/Shebby aren't around Venky's take years to sack people.

Shebby has definitely gone. I bet Coyle has never heard of him as well.

Premiership Mk11 anyone?

Looking at the size of some of the Clubs in this division now and their gates we are really struggling before a ball is kicked.

Watch Wednesday v Villa for a perfect example!

You are right, but we do have, Burton, Rottherham, Brentford, Wigan and Barnsley, so we should have enough to stay safe, but fear we won't.

Premiership Mk11 anyone?

Looking at the size of some of the Clubs in this division now and their gates we are really struggling before a ball is kicked.

Always been the case that 4-5 clubs from the cities have much bigger gates. In todays era its of ever decreasing importance. Sky money and rich owners are the difference makers.

Big crowds haven't helped Sheffield Wednesday, Sheffield United, Leeds or Forest over the last few years, and smaller crowds haven't harmed Dingles, Bournemouth, Watford or Swansea.

I do worry some people will point to our 10,000 or so gates as a reason why we can't compete in the Championship.

The reason we can't compete is due to gross mismanagement and negligence stretching over more than 5 years. Its also the biggest reason our crowds are dropping rapidly. Get in new owners who run the club properly and their decisions/investment will be more important than 10,000 extra fans that some clubs get.

That is exactly what we have now been reduced to...survival in this league and nothing more.Cannon fodder for the bigger clubs.

It's a pile of crap!

Second lowest gate of the Championship at Ewood JH this weekend...we could only better the mighty Rotherham by about 1k.

Really sad times.

That is exactly what we have now been reduced to...survival in this league and nothing more.Cannon fodder for the bigger clubs.

It's a pile of crap!

But we need to remember that it isn't natural. Its been brought about from above due to the mismanagement of more than 5 years.

The Telegraph, the club, the national media, will all try to tell us that we can't expect or hope for any better than this ever again because we're a poor little club and our destiny is bottom end of the Championship or League One. It isn't. Our gates and finances are a shambles because of the Indians behaviour, not because we 'cant compete' with the 'bigger boys'. History tells us we can, if we're set up properly. Club propaganda will attempt to convince us this is where we belong and we can't hope to compete with clubs like the mighty Norwich City. All part of the downsizing and downgrading process that Cheston is overseeing in his capacity as accountant-cum-director.

• Backroom

I do worry some people will point to our 10,000 or so gates as a reason why we can't compete in the Championship.

It's been suggested quite a few times on here in the past few days alone. Just another way to try and lay the blame at the feet of the fans, for reasons I can't fathom. As you quite rightly point out, there are plenty of clubs that get gates far above ours but are no better off or worse. Newcastle have, what, five times our average gate? By some people's logic they should be in the CL every year based on that alone. Yet here they are, in the same division as us.

Of course, Newcastle are in better health than us financially and have an owner who makes himself accountable, whether you agree with his decisions or not - but without a sound structure in place you're doomed to failure regardless of crowd size. Under Venky's we will never have a sound structure. Never. An extra 10,000 in Ewood won't change that. The extra generated revenue will either pay off some of the Raos debt or go straight to the BOI. One thing's for sure, it won't go into the team.

Until Venky's leave, we are stuffed. There is no ambition at Rovers, no will to succeed and no desire to become an institution the town, its people and all fans can be proud of. The club just takes the @#/?, season after season. The time for attending and "getting behind the lads!" is when Venky's leave. In the meantime, attending or not, all efforts should be focused on forcing them out. God knows how we achieve that, though.

Couldn't agree more...it's just a never ending spiral of decline though.It took us years of hard work under JW to get the crowds back into Ewood and win their confidence and belief.

I'm just so damn well angry at the state this club is in compared to others..we are not competing here we are just about surviving.

Lovely to see the big ex-prem clubs get a rude awakening to the championship. First the barcodes now Villa.

Goes to show money isn't everything and a bit of fight is needed (and can get you a fair way) in this division. Still think Newcastle will go up mind.

Lovely to see the big ex-prem clubs get a rude awakening to the championship. First the barcodes now Villa.

Goes to show money isn't everything and a bit of fight is needed (and can get you a fair way) in this division. Still think Newcastle will go up mind.

What did Norwich do? Oh wait! :(

What did Norwich do? Oh wait! :(

Tbf Norwich are a bit different as they were in the championship not long ago, with a good nucleus of the squad having played at this level. so they weren't naive prem stars not expecting a rough ride and knew what the championship os about.

Plus we're very accommodating...

Premiership Mk11 anyone?

The only reason we are struggling is the bloody Venkys !!!!!

Norwich squad hasnt change much since the PL. Plus they have good manager.

I expect them to be beating the lower half teams by 2 or 3 goals a game

Doesn't work like that in this league - they'll hammer some teams, but won't happen every game. This reads to me as you trying to justify us getting thumped at home.

We can moan and moan about poor little Rovers having no fans and no money and not being able to compete with the other goliaths that compete in this league. Unfortunately it won't get us anywhere, other than continuing to lower expectations to the point we've now reached where merely surviving in this league will be considered an achievement.

We all know the real reason we're in this state. It isn't our fanbase, it isn't our revenue, it isn't our potential as a club, it isn't because Blackburn is an unattractive town whilst the best players all want to go and live in London.

The reason we're in this state is because of the owners. Nothing more to really say on that. Everything at this club spins off from their disgraceful mismanagement of this club from the top down, and includes the shambolic operation we now see on a day to day basis at Ewood, where the lunatics really have taken over the asylum with nobody of any calibre to keep them in check.

Plenty of the 'smaller' clubs will thrive and succeed this season. That's the nature of football and the nature of the Championship. That's why Swansea, Burnley, Watford and Bournemouth are all heading into a Premier League season whilst Newcastle, Leeds, Aston Villa and Sheffield Wednesday are in the 2nd division.

Keep going on about club size/fanbase/potential/resources is just making excuses for the continued decline of this club. There are ways of succeeding with less money than others if you have the plan and nous to do it, and I'll bet now that at least one of the 'smaller' clubs find their way into the play-offs this season ahead of one of the 'big boys'.

Doesn't work like that in this league - they'll hammer some teams, but won't happen every game. This reads to me as you trying to justify us getting thumped at home.

No need to justify anything. I have already commented about Rovers poor performance.

Just think Norwich has quality all over the pitch plus a good young manager. Plus most know this league aswell

No need to justify anything. I have already commented about Rovers poor performance.

Just think Norwich has quality all over the pitch plus a good young manager. Plus most know this league aswell

That's true. But the nature of the Championship is that you don't just beat lower league teams 2-3 goals a game as a given. It will happen some weeks, but they'll have to grind some out and will inevitably be turned over from time to time.

and they also have a proven and experienced 1st team coach who operated at PL level for years - wonder where he came from.

Our new 1st team coach coached the stiffs at Burnley, Bolton and Wigan and latterly plied his trade as assistant manager at the mighty Ayr.

I think the dumbing down of our club from top to bottom continues at an unprecented pace. We are already set-up for League 2 and lower.

Archived