BRFCS

BY THE FANS, FOR THE FANS
SINCE 1996
Proudly partnered with TheTerraceStore.com

[Archived] Is This What The Once Family Friendly Club Has Become?

Duke of Wellington, man not the pub.

Good answer, a Dublin man.

Good job we are not trying to sign Messi and Aguero with there argentinian connections not after the Falklands war. And if we went for any Germans god help us.

Ardilles got a good reception when he came.

• Replies 113
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Just to shift the question slightly but when did Rovers become family friendly?? For that matter when did football become "family friendly"?? Thought the whole point was two tribes going to war (sorry) but in a socially acceptable manner - football on the pitch and singing/banter between the fans in the ground and the "firms" meeting up outside the ground afterwards to settle that score?

Football in England couldn't get much more stale or family friendly than it is these days I don't think. Two tribes going to war ? Yeah who walk out on the pitch almost arm in arm then stand there shaking each others hand before a hush descends on the ground as the game kicks off. Then as fans sit munching their popcorn and others stand downstairs watching the tv and drinking beer the ref blows for a free kick as two players shirt sleeves collide. Like a trip to the cinema these days.

No one wants a return to be the bad old days but IMO after years of dumbing it down they need to start spicing it up a bit again. Sack off that stupid boring fair play hand shake for a start !!

What would he do when we have have troops on the pitch at the remebarance match? Turn his back to them? Stay in the changing rooms for the Last Post? Certainly wouldn't have a poppy on his shirt.

He's had a poppy on his shirt several times while playing for Celtic so maybe you should do some research before posting nonsense.

Nah, I just don't like people supporting organisations responsible for the death of innocent people.

Like the British Army for example?

He's had a poppy on his shirt several times while playing for Celtic so maybe you should do some research before posting nonsense.

Researched quickly.

Celtic stated that 2010 would be the last season that they would wear a poppy on the shirt, nothing found of them wearing one since, Stokes signed for Celtic in August 2010 and there is a picture of him wearing a poppy shirt in that season on his wiki page. So definitely 1 instance not several but that was a club decision

330px-Stokes_Nov2010.jpg

Fair enough, I didn't think the Poppy had been off the jersey for as long as that, but the point still stands that he never refused to wear one.

Maybe the other poster is getting confused with James McLean?

Not sure why it matters anyway. I don't think anyone is legally obliged to wear one.

Fair enough, I didn't think the Poppy had been off the jersey for as long as that, but the point still stands that he never refused to wear one.

Maybe the other poster is getting confused with James McLean?

Not sure why it matters anyway. I don't think anyone is legally obliged to wear one.

He was caught in controversy a few years ago for holding his crotch through the remembrance day minutes silence away at Aberdeen, i remember that being in the press at the time.

But he's signed now and I don't think he'll refuse to wear the poppy for us.

He was caught in controversy a few years ago for holding his crotch through the remembrance day minutes silence away at Aberdeen, i remember that being in the press at the time.

But he's signed now and I don't think he'll refuse to wear the poppy for us.

Caught in controversy for holding his crotch? Not sure if you're being serious or not but what's controversial about that?

I don't imagine he will refuse to wear one either if he's done it before but it should be a personal choice either way.

The Poppy fascists obviously cant see the irony in them screaming at people who don't wear one. Usually moronic Britain first types who have been brainwashed by the media.

Caught in controversy for holding his crotch? Not sure if you're being serious or not but what's controversial about that?

I don't imagine he will refuse to wear one either if he's done it before but it should be a personal choice either way.

The Poppy fascists obviously cant see the irony in them screaming at people who don't wear one. Usually moronic Britain first types who have been brainwashed by the media.

I'm going to humor you here, have you ever witnessed anyone observing a minutes silence holding there crotch?

I never have? have you?

I'm going to humor you here, have you ever witnessed anyone observing a minutes silence holding there crotch?

I never have? have you?

I can't say I pay much attention to how other people observe a minutes silence if I'm honest but I don't think it's outrageous to suggest that some people would have their hands down their front rather than behind their back.

Is this how we're judging Rovers' signings now, by how they observe minutes silences?

I can't say I pay much attention to how other people observe a minutes silence if I'm honest but I don't think it's outrageous to suggest that some people would have their hands down their front rather than behind their back.

Is this how we're judging Rovers' signings now, by how they observe minutes silences?

It was a simple question.......

Google it then come back and we'll discuss further, probably no need really as he's clearly doing it on purpose in my opinion.

Anyway he'll be judged here on what does on the pitch, I fear it'll be very little, but time will tell.

Nah, I just don't like people supporting organisations responsible for the death of innocent people.

Ryan quote :-

You should be ashamed od yourself for that.

Is there something wrong with you or are you an IRA member?

Care to elaborate as to why?

The lads in the British Army are there to keep you safe. I don't believe you!

How does bombing civilians in the middle east keep me safe in Glasgow?

Wasn't really wanting to get into a political debate on a Rovers board, was just pointing out the hypocrisy and flawed logic regarding the signing of Tony Stokes but come on mate, you're showing yourself up here.

How does bombing civilians in the middle east keep me safe in Glasgow?

Wasn't really wanting to get into a political debate on a Rovers board, was just pointing out the hypocrisy and flawed logic regarding the signing of Tony Stokes but come on mate, you're showing yourself up here.

I hadn't realised where you came from. That accounts for your lack of respect for the British Forces. I'll bet you voted for independence for Scotland.

I hadn't realised where you came from. That accounts for your lack of respect for the British Forces. I'll bet you voted for independence for Scotland.

You've still to answer my earlier question. You're coming across as one of those people I mentioned earlier in the thread, brainwashed and incapable of looking at things objectively.

And yes I voted for independence but i don't see how that's relevant to this discussion?

Ryan quote :-

You should be ashamed od yourself for that.

All about perception. I don't think that innocent people in foreign lands are very keen on them.

You've still to answer my earlier question. You're coming across as one of those people I mentioned earlier in the thread, brainwashed and incapable of looking at things objectively.

And yes I voted for independence but i don't see how that's relevant to this discussion?

I think I did, and you come across as someone who disrespects what great Britain stands for. Have you no loyalty to the country you live in? And I mean great Britain not Scotland.

I could tell from your disloyal attitude which way you had voted.

Anyway now back to discussing Rovers.

All about perception. I don't think that innocent people in foreign lands are very keen on them.

What about the not so innocent people who caused the problem in the first place.

Lets get back to Football

I think I did, and you come across as someone who disrespects what great Britain stands for. Have you no loyalty to the country you live in? And I mean great Britain not Scotland.

I could tell from your disloyal attitude which way you had voted.

Anyway now back to discussing Rovers.

What about the not so innocent people who caused the problem in the first place.

Lets get back to Football

Al, you can still respect Great Britain while voting for Scottish Independence! I just don't particularly want to be ruled by a bunch of old Etonians from Westminster. Plenty of English folk in Scotland - like me - voted for independence.

Thanks for proving my point about not being able to look at things objectively Al.

Yes, let's get back to talking about football.

How objective were you being on twitter when you mocked the English working class lads singing the National Anthem. I don't think I wish to discuss anything with anyone so disloyal to his country as you any more. Mr Hooray Hamish1985@RPS.

How objective were you being on twitter when you mocked the English working class lads singing the National Anthem. I don't think I wish to discuss anything with anyone so disloyal to his country as you any more. Mr Hooray Hamish1985@RPS.

I said I couldn't understand why working class folk would sing god save the queen, so what?

You keep using the word disloyal, who or what am i disloyal to?

You're not that ignoramus Tommy Johnson who founded the EDL are you? You sound like a parody.

Archived