BRFCS

BY THE FANS, FOR THE FANS
SINCE 1996
Proudly partnered with TheTerraceStore.com

[Archived] Is This What The Once Family Friendly Club Has Become?

I think I did, and you come across as someone who disrespects what great Britain stands for. Have you no loyalty to the country you live in? And I mean great Britain not Scotland.

I could tell from your disloyal attitude which way you had voted.

Anyway now back to discussing Rovers.

What about the not so innocent people who caused the problem in the first place.

Lets get back to Football

I think the original poster was hinting at the fact that neither nation is perfect. It doesn't interest me getting into a patriotic arguement. I respect all good people in the world and I'm not blind to the fact that at the root of many wars is greed and control.

• Replies 113
  • Created
  • Last Reply

I'm English and also don't sing the national anthem. I don't believe in God and I'm far from a Monarchist. Give me Jersualem any day, rather than that rubbish!

And on the British Army, you can understand why some don't hold the same positive views as you do, Al. Some innocent people have suffered tremendously from their actions - McLean himself doesn't wear the poppy due to the mass slaughter in his neighbourhood on Bloody Sunday.

Calling someone 'disloyal' just sounds bizarre, we live in a great country but it doesn't mean it's always above reproach.

I would sing the anthem were she present but as a formality to be sung on national occasions it's a dirge and not really about our nation so I don't bother. We need an anthem that reflects our nationhood and keep the royal anthem for royal occasions

Queen and country :tu:

She isn't going to be around forever so I think it'll be fair to change it in the future when that time has come.

Agreed. Changing it now would just seem to be an attempt to stir the pot.

Will be interesting if England play NI in the Euros, they'll have to play it twice!

Agreed. Changing it now would just seem to be an attempt to stir the pot.

Will be interesting if England play NI in the Euros, they'll have to play it twice!

It's nonsense to sing it at England games. It's the anthem of the Union and Commonwealth.

The Scots and the Welsh have the right idea.

It's nonsense to sing it at England games. It's the anthem of the Union and Commonwealth.

The Scots and the Welsh have the right idea.

Agreed. It's just as bizarre NI singing it, especially given they sing Danny Boy at other sporting events!

Then again, NI doesn't even have an official flag, so perhaps not too surprising.

I'm English and also don't sing the national anthem. I don't believe in God and I'm far from a Monarchist. Give me Jersualem any day, rather than that rubbish!

And on the British Army, you can understand why some don't hold the same positive views as you do, Al. Some innocent people have suffered tremendously from their actions - McLean himself doesn't wear the poppy due to the mass slaughter in his neighbourhood on Bloody Sunday.

Calling someone 'disloyal' just sounds bizarre, we live in a great country but it doesn't mean it's always above reproach.

It isn't a national anthem at all anyway. It's the "Royal Anthem" traditionally sung throughout Europe in different languages according to the monarch of the day ie it isn't British or English at all!

Annoyed me for decades that our international sports team have to run out to that dirge. Beaten before we start.

Compare our anthem to the French. Pitiful.

The owners, the manager, their advisors are laughing at the Blackburn Rovers fans.

Yep. No doubt 7-8 signings will be concluded in the next few weeks, which will then be dressed up as some sort of ambitious revolution from the club, all the while it is being paid for with interest by the likely sale of Hanley or Marshall down the line once the season ticket renewal stage has passed.

The only reason we need so many signings this summer is because they sold all our best players, refused to reinvest the proceeds and replaced them with dross or loans, meaning now we've got no players left. If there was any sort of plan at the club the fortunes received for Cairney, Gestede, Rhodes and King would have been reinvested into another batch of decent players who would grow in value. Instead they've allowed us to reach late June with only 14 outfield players at the club.

It isn't a national anthem at all anyway. It's the "Royal Anthem" traditionally sung throughout Europe in different languages according to the monarch of the day ie it isn't British or English at all!

Annoyed me for decades that our international sports team have to run out to that dirge. Beaten before we start.

Compare our anthem to the French. Pitiful.

think the original, or one of the original versions was to a tune by Lully written for Louis xiv of France.

Yep. No doubt 7-8 signings will be concluded in the next few weeks, which will then be dressed up as some sort of ambitious revolution from the club, all the while it is being paid for with interest by the likely sale of Hanley or Marshall down the line once the season ticket renewal stage has passed.

The only reason we need so many signings this summer is because they sold all our best players, refused to reinvest the proceeds and replaced them with dross or loans, meaning now we've got no players left. If there was any sort of plan at the club the fortunes received for Cairney, Gestede, Rhodes and King would have been reinvested into another batch of decent players who would grow in value. Instead they've allowed us to reach late June with only 14 outfield players at the club.

Yep the clubs been running itself for 12 months now on the back of sales, borrowings against parachutes did it before. Obviously sales will have to cover the next 12 months plus incomings.

Oh our benevolent 'billionaire' owners eh ! I'm surprised they haven't got their own royal anthem.

It is ridiculous that England don't have their own national anthem like the Scots etc do.

The way people go on about hating Scotland for example, then join in with an anthem that basically includes them!

As for Scotland, I have been there many times and their way of life is so different to ours... much of it I envy. I don't blame any Scot who wanted independence and without going too much into it i see how they feel detached from Westminster as many people in the North of England also do. Good to see that they have got their own government of sorts who puts them first.

William Blake is tosh? Love to hear your description of Westlife!!

Westlife are tosh! :P

Jerusalem irritates me. The tune and lyrically. Puts me on edge. Similar songs that do this to me are:

"Brown Girl in the ring" "Total Eclipse of the Heart" "Wind beneath my wings", and "mmmmbop"

Westlife are tosh! :P

Jerusalem irritates me. The tune and lyrically. Puts me on edge. Similar songs that do this to me are:

"Brown Girl in the ring" "Total Eclipse of the Heart" "Wind beneath my wings", and "mmmmbop"

Thought you where suggesting total eclipse of the heart as a new anthem then!

I'm with you on Jerusalem. I think it's misunderstood by many people who sing it too. But it does nothing for me. I think if we were going to change, especially for sporting occasions, it would have to be something new.

Archived