BRFCS

BY THE FANS, FOR THE FANS
SINCE 1996
Proudly partnered with TheTerraceStore.com

[Archived] Is This What The Once Family Friendly Club Has Become?

Jerusalem is far less stirring than even God Save The Queen so it's a massive no from me. Might be a great piece in some eyes but keep it away from sport. Besides isn't it a rugger song ?

• Replies 113
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Yep. No doubt 7-8 signings will be concluded in the next few weeks, which will then be dressed up as some sort of ambitious revolution from the club, all the while it is being paid for with interest by the likely sale of Hanley or Marshall down the line once the season ticket renewal stage has passed.

The only reason we need so many signings this summer is because they sold all our best players, refused to reinvest the proceeds and replaced them with dross or loans, meaning now we've got no players left. If there was any sort of plan at the club the fortunes received for Cairney, Gestede, Rhodes and King would have been reinvested into another batch of decent players who would grow in value. Instead they've allowed us to reach late June with only 14 outfield players at the club.

After taking into account the players:

Political views,

Religion,

Sings the 'god save the queen' - or not,

Wears a poppy or not,

Hands on or off crutch during minutes silence,

In or out of EU,

History of country - or even county,

History of parents,

Are they vegetarian,

Do they eat pork,

etc etc etc.

Then ask can they play football.

The anthem should be extended to included verse 2. I don't see why others (especially south americans) can have 34 minute long anthems and we cut our down ;)

There's a rule about these things------the smaller the country,the longer the anthem.

It's some form of compensation I think.

• Backroom

There's a rule about these things------the smaller the country,the longer the anthem.

It's some form of compensation I think.

Is that why ours feels like it's a decade long?

• 1 month later...

I didn't want to create a new thread for this, but thought it worth posting. This thread is the most relevant I could find.

I'm anti-Venkys and am disgusted by how the club is being run into the ground by these muppets. However I'm happy to give credit where credit is due and whoever at the club was responsible for the gesture in the story linked below deserves a pat on the back.

http://www.belfasttelegraph.co.uk/sport/football/blackburn-rovers-in-tribute-to-lifelong-fan-jonathan-peden-killed-at-lurgan-work-34959881.html

I live just 6 miles from where this Rovers fan lost his lfe, I didn't know him personally but wish I had, as there are not many rovers in this part of the world.

Sincere condolences to his family. Lets get him a win tomorrow.

I didn't want to create a new thread for this, but thought it worth posting. This thread is the most relevant I could find.

I'm anti-Venkys and am disgusted by how the club is being run into the ground by these muppets. However I'm happy to give credit where credit is due and whoever at the club was responsible for the gesture in the story linked below deserves a pat on the back.

http://www.belfasttelegraph.co.uk/sport/football/blackburn-rovers-in-tribute-to-lifelong-fan-jonathan-peden-killed-at-lurgan-work-34959881.html

I live just 6 miles from where this Rovers fan lost his lfe, I didn't know him personally but wish I had, as there are not many rovers in this part of the world.

Sincere condolences to his family. Lets get him a win tomorrow.

95% of people at our club are fantastic people. Unfortunately it's the 5% who are doing all the damage.

We all love this club. That's why many of us post/read on here for several hours a day.

RIP to a fellow Rover.

Archived