BRFCS

BY THE FANS, FOR THE FANS
SINCE 1996
Proudly partnered with TheTerraceStore.com

[Archived] Is This What The Once Family Friendly Club Has Become?

• Replies 113
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Is this quote Stokes or a current Rovers player?

"UP THE RA #coybig"

Answers on a postcard.

That was from Duffy's phone apparently sent by a "mate" who got hold of it on a night out, was mentioned on here when he signed.

http://www.dailymail.co.uk/sport/football/article-2295323/Evertons-Shane-Duffy-apologises-tweeting-support-IRA-St-Patricks-Day.html

Its no problem having sympathies or attending events for terrorist organisations , can always blame the parents.

Any good players out there with ISIS sympathies that we can sign? Is the Greek player who gave the nazi salute still banned?, might be worth a punt and probably won't be in demand.

Any awkward questions can always be avoided at the player announcement presser by our manager saying he has never heard of them and does not know who they are and the rest is airbrushed history.

Onwards and downwards!

• Backroom

Hold on, Ewood Spark told us the Venky's were peace-loving philanthropists, moral champions, the kindest and most charitable family ever to exist. Surely they wouldn't sanction this kind of signing? :rolleyes:

Hold on, Ewood Spark told us the Venky's were peace-loving philanthropists, moral champions, the kindest and most charitable family ever to exist. Surely they wouldn't sanction this kind of signing? :rolleyes:

All morals and values go out of the window when free trips to India and hotel rooms are on offer :tu:

I think Stokes should make a statement on his position. He should use the communications channels within the club to facilitate this......oh hang on, he's just signed for Blackburn Rovers hasn't he.

Am I mistaken or did Stokes once refuse to have a poppy on his shirt? Although I'm sure there are a lot of players in the leagues in England who are anti Britain in their politics. African and Asian for instance.

Am I mistaken or did Stokes once refuse to have a poppy on his shirt? Although I'm sure there are a lot of players in the leagues in England who are anti Britain in their politics. African and Asian for instance.

I believe Celtic are the only club in Britain to not wear poppies on their shirts for remembrance day.

This despite hundreds, if not thousands of fans/players having lost their lives in the 2 world wars.

Can I just point out that wearing a poppy should be a matter of individual choice. I haven't worn one for 50 years. I refuse to be blackmailed into wearing one. I don't parade my support for other charities in public, in that I don't wear mc Millan daffodils, stickers from any other charity. I don't go round saying I don't wear a poppy for political reasons or whatever either. I just choose to keep all my charity giving to myself.

• Backroom

Can I just point out that wearing a poppy should be a matter of individual choice. I haven't worn one for 50 years. I refuse to be blackmailed into wearing one. I don't parade my support for other charities in public, in that I don't wear mc Millan daffodils, stickers from any other charity. I don't go round saying I don't wear a poppy for political reasons or whatever either. I just choose to keep all my charity giving to myself.

Similarly I'll not be buying one after last year being called a 'scumbag' for not wearing one. In actual fact I WAS wearing one on my jumper but it was underneath a coat at the time. I'll just wear my poppy wristband in future anyway.

In any case, we bought 2 of those Tower of London poppies, so that's a good few decades of poppies paid for anyway.

Given Stokes upbringing, family connections etc,the death of a close friend, irrespective of political orientation,is something that he obviously chose to support.Whether this was wise, is for his conscience to decide.The Queen has met Martyn Mcguiness,Gerry Adams etc is she to be pilloried for her actions. Footballers are human and not without faults,I have Irish friends of different political persuasions,should I disassociate myself fron them.

I hadn't realised there were so many experts on the political intricacies of 'our wee country' on here. Or is it a case of fighting to get as good a position as possible on the moral bandwagon as seems to be the modern trend in this social media age?

I hadn't realised there were so many experts on the political intricacies of 'our wee country' on here. Or is it a case of fighting to get as good a position as possible on the moral bandwagon as seems to be the modern trend in this social media age?

I think anyone around in 70's and 80's will have an opinion, and it didn't just impact on 'your wee country' sadly.

Thankfully despite the best efforts of some republican dissidents, the peace process is holding, long may it continue.

I was out last night and the question was asked: "Who was the greatest ever Irishman?" The consensus was Michael Davitt!...

Good job we are not trying to sign Messi and Aguero with there argentinian connections not after the Falklands war. And if we went for any Germans god help us.

Awkward admission time.. Years ago, when Rovers were being linked with Lee Bowyer, my wife was challenging the kids about what kind of people they would want playing for their beloved Rovers.

Before I could even comment, the eldest looked straight at me and said.

"Don't you start, Dad. You wouldn't mind if Rovers signed. Adolf Hitler, as long as he scored regularly...;"

Good job we are not trying to sign Messi and Aguero with there argentinian connections not after the Falklands war. And if we went for any Germans god help us.

Err,

"The terrorist threat level in Great Britain was upgraded to "substantial" on 11 May 2016, with the New IRA's continuing threats being part of the reason by Home Secretary Theresa May and MI5."

When was the last time the threat level was raised in mainland Britain due to Nazi Germany's or Argentina?

• Moderation Lead

Nah, I just don't like people supporting organisations responsible for the death of innocent people.

Nah, I just don't like people supporting organisations responsible for the death of innocent people.

And conversely, half of the Northern Irish community would say the same is true of the British government. It all depends on your intrinsic beliefs.

For the record, I would fully concur with your belief system also. My point was that people are only to quick to take offence at something that, with certain people, they may not fully understand. Also, that Stoke's is a footballer, and could perhaps do with better advice at times. I don't think there is any great conspiracy here; Coyle knows him due to the Celtic link, and most important of all, there was no up-front fee.

Archived