BRFCS

BY THE FANS, FOR THE FANS
SINCE 1996
Proudly partnered with TheTerraceStore.com

[Archived] Transfers Part 2

Tom

1 minute ago, blueboy3333 said:

It was such a stupid question I ignored it.

So, just to confirm, you've never seen him live?

I've seen him live aplenty blue boy.

stupid question? Behave your struggling because I can only myself think of one maybe two in which he might get in.

• Replies 13.1k
  • Created
  • Last Reply
Just now, Dunnfc said:

I've seen him live aplenty blue boy.

stupid question? Behave your struggling because I can only myself think of one maybe two in which he might get in.

You keep saying you do other things on a Saturday. You proudly list the things you do apart from watching Rovers. So when did you see him live?

12 minutes ago, blueboy3333 said:

You keep saying you do other things on a Saturday. You proudly list the things you do apart from watching Rovers. So when did you see him live?

Yes it's called having a life blue boy, try it. Or so your asking me to list the games! Bit different to your initial question isn't it? Should have just got straight to the point.

ive seen him live at the following

wigan vs Blackburn though he played midfield and looked worse, engine and people were far worse as we got smashed. Underlined he's a physical player woeful technically

Pne vs Blackburn dire we shipped three because his common traits include getting stuck under the ball watching, poor marking and can't time a tackle properly.

Villa vs Blackburn - 6/10 if I'm generous switched of twice in dangerous areas struggles to concentrate, kodjia snuck in twice, corner marking is abysmal, actually for once timed a tackle on hogan if memory serves me correct.

now I've been to Leeds and Huddersfield though I don't recall him playing vs Huddersfield in the napkin wells last minute goal game.

4 minutes ago, Gavlar Somerset Rover! said:

Lenihan is 'pap'? You need to get the glasses on for matches in future Dunn. We'll be very fortunate to hold onto him - he's comfortably good enough for a league higher. 

No I do he's Jason Lowe physically and abysmal technically, funny no one can name me a side in the championship were he'd start in, il go easy put him at midfield or centre back. 

Comfotably good enough a league higher? Your kidding!? League one is his level.

15 minutes ago, blueboy3333 said:

http://www.burtonmail.co.uk/blackburn-rovers-prospect-darragh-lenihan-backed/story-26049130-detail/story.html#ixzz3SIakOovZ

"I think he is a young man who can become whatever he wants to become in football,"

Who to believe?:)

Not sure what your trying or pathetically attempting to try and say, spit it out.

you've posted a link from when a poor poor team were in league one under a manager who got sacked at qpr in the championship. At that time I'm sure they bloody thought he was good.

name me some championship teams he'd get in, post me a link of any club interested in him?

1 hour ago, Stuart said:

I honestly think this was part of the problem last year. The person given the arm band was not the person the rest of the players looked up to. I hope Mulgrew stays this season and can keep himself fit. A lot will depend on Strachan.

Good post by @bob fleming earlier. Things do feel different.

Mowbray v Coyle is a no contest. Fans despised him from the start (for good reasons) - mainly he was more of the same bs, and even his appointment stank the place out. Mowbray meanwhile, in following him, was on the front foot as soon as he walked in the door. Fans want to support the team - even the NAPM. He was a breath of fresh air, a straight talker and it's easy to put one's faith in him.

A clear out of some dead wood, and chiefly the non-captain will now be replaced with a proper leader (I hope). Hopefully contract negotiations are going on to improve Mulgrew's terms and make him captain. I'll confess that apart from Whittingham, I've never heard of the others. May be hidden gems, may be plodders but as long as they manager is happy.

There is no obvious bogey man off the pitch - and no sign of in-fighting or different agendas or agent-led agendas - maybe Mowbray is just better at making it seem that way. This was a feature of the early Bowyer tenure - another man who followed a major period of unrest and benefitted from it - although even that was different to now. Every season there has been a Agnew, Shaw, Singh, Senior (ASS'S) one might say. Only Pasha now sits in the shadows - at least as far as we know. But even so, on the face of it, it looks like Mowbray is getting the players he wants. Now this could still be Senior's B list coming to fruition, we'll never know - although I'd like to think it's because Mowbray and Venus are working their balls off behind the scenes. At the very least, if these are Tony's men then that's as much as we can hope for.

Its a shame really for those principled folk who have nailed their colours to the mast and boycotted. That was a strategy for some time ago - when we were still in the PL. When we needed to get rid of Kean. Protests never reached the necessary numbers and they have remained a minority ever since. I expect part of the boycott is down to feelings not only towards the Raos but also contempt towards fellow fans. An understandable view. We are now past the point where boycotts will have any affect - aside from maybe lowering the blood pressure of the individuals involved - as we now have a normal, maybe even above average, lower league crowd. If Rovers return to the second tier - and dare I say the PL one day then, assuming Venkys don't then sell, a lot of good, long-standing Rovers fans will be out in the cold, while the glory-hunting, plastic, klingons will return to cheerlead and pretend they never left.

Yes, things feel different for those who have stuck it out but I make this point because for a small but important group of people, nothing will feel different at all: same bad owners, same downgrading of the team, same lowering of expectations of the fans, same excuses, and the same gnawing feeling in the pit of their stomach.

#rememberingthefallen

A great post for 1 July!

Yes, I am as angry as a wasp about all the Rovers abusers. It goes right to the top of the game too. Scudamore and Cardinal Pell...who can we trust any more!

I have been a "principled boycotter", but I am always looking for a reason/excuse to go back. Also, I began to define it as a choice to withdraw advanced funding etc, rather than martyring myself. This gave me permission to attend games on borrowed tickets and even pay for the odd important game like Bristol City and Aston Villa-not Man Utd though, as a kind of ( self indulgent?)FA Cup boycott principle!

I am torn. I don't claim to be certain or sorted out in my feelings. I have hope again, but I maintain my distrust and revulsion.

I do confess to a regret that fellow fans did not do more re boycotting single games e.g. Blackpool, but I will never despise my brothers and sisters haha. Better to see us all as a group who have been robbed, victimised, ignored and marginalised by a football world, which I have grown to despise.

In short, my head has been f***d by VENKYSCUM...and I still love Abbey!

1 hour ago, Dunnfc said:

Danny Graham let's be honest prior to here struggled so that's different as we could only look at form. Graham or Rhodes would we have gone down with Rhodes, no.

Personally, I think we would've gone down sooner with him. He isn't the player we had or sold. He was in a better side (or two) and had a much lesser impact for both.

Rhodes has proven what a few of us on her dared say - he doesn't 'guarantee 20 goals a season at all.

Above All, the argument between Rhodes and Graham is irrelevant.  Away from The ownership,  the main factor in our relegation was Coyle.

Just now, Pedro said:

Personally, I think we would've gone down sooner with him. He isn't the player we had or sold. He was in a better side (or two) and had a much lesser impact for both.

Rhodes has proven what a few of us on her dared say - he doesn't 'guarantee 20 goals a season at all.

Above All, the argument between Rhodes and Graham is irrelevant.  Away from The ownership,  the main factor in our relegation was Coyle.

It's pretty spot on to be fair. In regards to 20 goals and the player he is now to the one we enjoyed. Rhodes single handed kept us up under GB though, he's a finisher, deadly when in the right team. I think he's a victim of not playing 90 mins every game, players like him get rusty but I do think Rhodes would have kept us up, goals tally to graham and Gallagher figures last year is not even a contest. 

57 minutes ago, Dunnfc said:

I'm glad I'm not blind either. He's pap. Tell me a championship side he'd get into? I wouldn't say he's awful but he's not good just a very ordinary youth product, if we can fleece a million for him get shut.

I find this comment contradicts itself. You think we would be capable of getting a million for him, but don't feel he would get into a Championship side? Only a Champs or higher team would pay anything like that.

19 minutes ago, Dunnfc said:

Yes it's called having a life blue boy, try it. Or so your asking me to list the games! Bit different to your initial question isn't it? Should have just got straight to the point.

:lol:I'd love your life. Posting on here on a Saturday. Oh hang on...

The question didn't change. I'll leave it there, I'd forgotten how illogical you are. Glad you got to a few games though. Oh, and when Kodja got clean through it was Nyambe playing him on. Good try though:)

1 minute ago, bluebruce said:

I find this comment contradicts itself. You think we would be capable of getting a million for him, but don't feel he would get into a Championship side? Only a Champs or higher team would pay anything like that.

Really? As we are speaking hypothetically it's reasonable to assume someone might be that daft. Though you are correct in regards to splashing out a fee like that it's not beyond the realms of possibility that someone perhaps may.

2 minutes ago, blueboy3333 said:

:lol:I'd love your life. Posting on here on a Saturday. Oh hang on...

The question didn't change. I'll leave it there, I'd forgotten how illogical you are. Glad you got to a few games though. Oh, and when Kodja got clean through it was Nyambe playing him on. Good try though:)

No your wrong nyambe was having that thought to go back or stay advanced on the halfway and was nowhere near. He was wingback and it came up towards the Blackburn end right hand side of the centre of defence, Lenihan severely misjudged and the lad got in behind, I think he may have blazed it over. Ward tried covering but the lead boots meant he couldn't get back.

Have a good weekend yourself! Yep Saturday posts over a hangover Brunch, over did it badly last night 

8 minutes ago, Dunnfc said:

Really? As we are speaking hypothetically it's reasonable to assume someone might be that daft. Though you are correct in regards to splashing out a fee like that it's not beyond the realms of possibility that someone perhaps may.

That would be a good indicator that a Championship team wanted him to play for them. An LT article also said a few champs teams were sniffing.

4 minutes ago, bluebruce said:

That would be a good indicator that a Championship team wanted him to play for them. An LT article also said a few champs teams were sniffing.

True it would be but it'd be great business as my initial post suggested to get shut if offered a figure like that. L1 is his level he'd excell potentially at this level but he's not good enough for anything more. 

The LT?! I think I know the link you mean however bear in mind that given the LT printed comments from TM this week saying no serious interest in any of our players or I think definite was the word he used when speaking of  interest in our players, lack of mention of other clubs what they usually do in previous windows in the article then I'm slightly inclined to suggest it's yesterday's chip paper.

• Backroom
3 minutes ago, Dunnfc said:

Nixon reckons McMahon failed because Venkys wouldn't sanction his wages. @Suhail Slayer think the light has reverted 

In fairness, we can't just choose to believe that bumbling halfwit just because it suits us.

It may have fallen by the wayside because Mowbray has chosen to focus on Caddis.

3 minutes ago, islander200 said:

Nixon also laughed off the suggestion that we where buying Dack.

Just passing on what was on Twitter before pal. I do get the impression that Alan gets allot of feeds from football agents looking to push players into clubs.

That's exactly how good old Nicko works, stooge.

Read a lot of chatter saying that Bradford lad isn't up to much so no loss there by look of it especially if he's only sniffing about for a better contract.

Archived