BRFCS

BY THE FANS, FOR THE FANS
SINCE 1996
Proudly partnered with TheTerraceStore.com

[Archived] Transfers Part 2

Tom

8 minutes ago, Hasta said:

I like the way Mowbray speaks in almost all interviews he has given. 

However you could make me Manager and I'd say the perfect words to make all the fans get behind me. He's a gr at PR machine for the club, and I really hope he can pull,off something of a little miracle in keeping the squad together and getting us back up. 

But the easiest bit of his job is saying the right thing. Just because he says we will be attacking and work hard, it doesn't mean we will !!!

Agreed, it's ok talking the talk but it looks like he could have one of, if not the, strongest squad in League 1 next season. There will be pressure on him to deliver, especially after spending quite a bit of money on fees and wages, with the promise of more to come.

That said, I think he's just genuinely obsessed with football, and is a decent, honest bloke to boot...which is a huge improvement on the vacuous motor-mouth we appointed last summer.

• Replies 13.1k
  • Created
  • Last Reply
20 minutes ago, blueboy3333 said:

Agreed, it's ok talking the talk but it looks like he could have one of, if not the, strongest squad in League 1 next season. There will be pressure on him to deliver, especially after spending quite a bit of money on fees and wages, with the promise of more to come.

That said, I think he's just genuinely obsessed with football, and is a decent, honest bloke to boot...which is a huge improvement on the vacuous motor-mouth we appointed last summer.

Of course there is pressure on him, along with the other 91 managers.  It comes with the job.  However I think as you do, that this guy does not shirk the pressure unlike previous incumbents of the position.

Lets hope against hope our owners also see that?

Time will tell.

Looking at these potential line ups and one player is missing ... a captain .. yes Mulgrew is talented and experienced but will he stay and if he does who captains for the 30 games a season he misses through injury .. Whittingham ?? He will have the respect as a player yes but really is he a roll your sleeves up type when the chips are down ? Does he strike you as someone who will get a hold of a player or the team and hand out a rollicking ? 

8 hours ago, arbitro said:

And that is pretty much all we ask from our manager. Somebody who is forthright, honest and speaks a football language we understand and can identify with. 

... And one who buys and sells players to benefit the team, rather than making deals to line their own pockets.

... Oh and one who get a team fit enough to last ninety minutes, are organised at set pieces and defending as a unit.

I'm too picky I know!

6 hours ago, Suhail Slayer said:

YAWN

all this optimism and euphoria about winning the league will be shot to pieces. Just watch.

Everyone wants this to positive... needs it to be positive....it looks and feels positive.... so surely it must be positive....right ?

Let's see what the final outcome is of the net transfer activity and what happens "on the grass".

NAPM

FOV

So, this.

i read it earlier and thought, oh here we go again, another OTT negative post by suhail, just as things were looking up. 

I was going to reply, then thought better of it. After all, I thought, we've lost 12 players this summer, we've brought in four. We've paid money for one! Their local paper said it was nearer £500k than £750k but there you go. I expect it'll be 500k more than most teams in this division will spend this summer...

But we're still 8 players down on last season. I'm genuinely struggling to remember all the names of the 12 who have left let alone a good un. Mahoney perhaps, if only for his potential. We need more, we'll get there we've been told.

Which brings me to who we now sell. I think we will sell a few, if we're lucky. Who will I miss? Graham on his day is a handful, however, he's heavy, looked unfit. I'd still love him in this division mind you. Mulgrew? Class player when fit. Will have one eye on playing for Scotland, would be no surprise if he went. Lenihan? He's ok. Anyone else? Who'd you really miss? Conway on his day. Mulgrew I suspect - the others? Hand on heart? A bit to prove for me. Stokes may go, paid up. Another one. Sigh.

So I don't see the club selling anyone of great value, maybe to balance the ins and outs of this window, yes, but you could sell the lot, players, management, Ewood Park etc and theyd still not get anywhere near.

Yes, yawn. Yes fov. Yes yes yes. Please put the club up for sale. Then we'll see. Whatever happens, someone's got to dig deep to get us back to where we were 7 years ago though. Really deep. Right now I trust Tony Mowbray. I don't trust Venkys and never will. 

But i'm genuinely optimistic. I think. It feels different. It feels like there's a plan.

We really do need TM to do well. The next one, by the law of averages, will be a cross between Kean, Shebby Singh and a Zimbabwean ex-Venkys warehouse operative now living in Reykjavik called Susan. And no one wants that (particularly Susan).

4 minutes ago, bob fleming said:

So, this.

i read it earlier and thought, oh here we go again, another OTT negative post by suhail, just as things were looking up. 

I was going to reply, then thought better of it. After all, I thought, we've lost 12 players this summer, we've brought in four. We've paid money for one! Their local paper said it was nearer £500k than £750k but there you go. I expect it'll be 500k more than most teams in this division will spend this summer...

But we're still 8 players down on last season. I'm genuinely struggling to remember all the names of the 12 who have left let alone a good un. Mahoney perhaps, if only for his potential. We need more, we'll get there we've been told.

Which brings me to who we now sell. I think we will sell a few, if we're lucky. Who will I miss? Graham on his day is a handful, however, he's heavy, looked unfit. I'd still love him in this division mind you. Mulgrew? Class player when fit. Will have one eye on playing for Scotland, would be no surprise if he went. Lenihan? He's ok. Anyone else? Who'd you really miss? Conway on his day. Mulgrew I suspect - the others? Hand on heart? A bit to prove for me. Stokes may go, paid up. Another one. Sigh.

So I don't see the club selling anyone of great value, maybe to balance the ins and outs of this window, yes, but you could sell the lot, players, management, Ewood Park etc and theyd still not get anywhere near.

Yes, yawn. Yes fov. Yes yes yes. Please put the club up for sale. Then we'll see. Whatever happens, someone's got to dig deep to get us back to where we were 7 years ago though. Really deep. Right now I trust Tony Mowbray. I don't trust Venkys and never will. 

But i'm genuinely optimistic. I think. It feels different. It feels like there's a plan.

We really do need TM to do well. The next one, by the law of averages, will be a cross between Kean, Shebby Singh and a Zimbabwean ex-Venkys warehouse operative now living in Reykjavik called Susan. And no one wants that (particularly Susan).

Wonderful post, really wonderful.

39 minutes ago, AJW said:

Looking at these potential line ups and one player is missing ... a captain .. yes Mulgrew is talented and experienced but will he stay and if he does who captains for the 30 games a season he misses through injury .. Whittingham ?? He will have the respect as a player yes but really is he a roll your sleeves up type when the chips are down ? Does he strike you as someone who will get a hold of a player or the team and hand out a rollicking ? 

I don't feel as though we've had a captain since Nelsen. We do need one though.

2 hours ago, Bigdoggsteel said:

Be doing well to sign Bogle. Didn't he just join Wigan in January? I haven't heard of the other two. Who do they play for and what would they bring to the table do you think? 

Yeah he signed in January didn't think he was overly impressive when we played them at Ewood 

32 minutes ago, Pedro said:

I don't feel as though we've had a captain since Nelsen. We do need one though.

I totally agree Pedro, it's an age since we've had a true leader in the team. Absolutely imperative we have one. (John Terry?!) 

1 hour ago, blueboy3333 said:

https://www.rovers.co.uk/news/2017/june/business-breakfast-at-ewood/

Here's the thing with Mogga this morning that a few on here attended. Is this a new thing? Is it part of some weird attempt to start functioning like a normal club?

They did it last year with Coyle and of course similar soundbites came out and similar optimism followed lol

This time though it's at least fuelled by having seen TM at work for a bit and him talking sense from the min he walked through the door instead of verbal diarrhea !

Lenihan for captain? Young yes, but a hard worker, will put the boot in when needed, has a history with the club, seems to be vocal and seems to have the respect of his teammates.

Captains can be effective in many different ways... I once played in a team that was captained by one of the most quiet guys at the club. However he could tackle through a brick wall and could lift the entire team performance by 50% by crashing into someone and winning the ball back for us. 

3 hours ago, AJW said:

Why not give it Lenihan who will play a full season? Whittingham or Smallwood could be option. But I think it will be Mulgrew as captain this season

6 minutes ago, JayPeeBee40 said:

Positive post miserable post positive post miserable post.. I see a pattern here..

And you? Positive or miserable? Happy or sad?

I'll add to that, personally I'm fluctuating at the moment between Joy Divisions Unknown Pleasures and The Peel Sessions. The difference between dark and shade is astonishing. But hey, I keep smiling!

(the peel sessions are brilliant by the way)

12 minutes ago, bob fleming said:

And you? Positive or miserable? Happy or sad?

I'll add to that, personally I'm fluctuating at the moment between Joy Divisions Unknown Pleasures and The Peel Sessions. The difference between dark and shade is astonishing. But hey, I keep smiling!

(the peel sessions are brilliant by the way)

I'm balanced. :) :(

Archived