SINCE 1996
Proudly partnered with TheTerraceStore.com

[Archived] Transfers Part 2

Tom

• Replies 13.1k
  • Created
  • Last Reply
2 minutes ago, Bigdoggsteel said:

the club is after getting very active on Instagram lately. Plenty of good footage and interviews 

I'm not much into fb, t or i so miss out on those sources.

Still on here and a few sites work out ok and iFollow soon when the app is released.

Just now, AllRoverAsia said:

I'm not much into fb, t or i so miss out on those sources.

Still on here and a few sites work out ok and iFollow soon when the app is released.

I don't bother with Facebook. Twitter is ok for breaking news, but there are some real crackpots on there. Instagram is nice and stress free I find, as its just video and pictures, no bitching :D 

I am raging Ifollow is restricted here in Ireland. 

11 minutes ago, Bigdoggsteel said:

the club is after getting very active on Instagram lately. Plenty of good footage and interviews 

Could it be that somebody else is taking charge here? It's within reasoning that Venkys won't publicly announce another 'chief-executive-of-global-operations-director-of-football-adviser-in-chief' and that somebody else is simply advising the club how to be run. Last few years season ticket packs have either not been sent out or sent out extremely late; we've had 0 communication from the club in terms of social media activity, press interviews, Q&As and the website has been incredibly baron. Transfer activity has come about with 0 information prior and everything has been largely guesswork.

This year there seems to be a hint of professionalism about us. It can't be Cheston that has done it, nor can it be silent Coar or that other rat bag with him. Pasha has been here a while and is about as invisible as that Babu bloke. So what has brought about the change in how we do things? Or, more importantly, who? And could the accountants be linked with this?

2 minutes ago, Bigdoggsteel said:

I don't bother with Facebook. Twitter is ok for breaking news, but there are some real crackpots on there. Instagram is nice and stress free I find, as its just video and pictures, no bitching :D 

I am raging Ifollow is restricted here in Ireland. 

Do you read the thread on this? Some 'alternatives' are suggested.

1 minute ago, Dreams of 1995 said:

Could it be that somebody else is taking charge here? It's within reasoning that Venkys won't publicly announce another 'chief-executive-of-global-operations-director-of-football-adviser-in-chief' and that somebody else is simply advising the club how to be run. Last few years season ticket packs have either not been sent out or sent out extremely late; we've had 0 communication from the club in terms of social media activity, press interviews, Q&As and the website has been incredibly baron. Transfer activity has come about with 0 information prior and everything has been largely guesswork.

This year there seems to be a hint of professionalism about us. It can't be Cheston that has done it, nor can it be silent Coar or that other rat bag with him. Pasha has been here a while and is about as invisible as that Babu bloke. So what has brought about the change in how we do things? Or, more importantly, who?

Have a quick look at the Rovers site and current sponsors. I'm not saying they are still involved past end of season but...

2 minutes ago, Dreams of 1995 said:

This year there seems to be a hint of professionalism about us. It can't be Cheston that has done it, nor can it be silent Coar or that other rat bag with him. Pasha has been here a while and is about as invisible as that Babu bloke. So what has brought about the change in how we do things? Or, more importantly, who?

I doubt a new CEO or equivalent could be kept secret. 

1 hour ago, Boz said:

He spoke of the 4 new permanent signings, Whiitingham, Smallwood, Dack & Gladwin. Commented about wary of suggestion that signing League 1 players might  mean that he is settling for such standard of players, which he is not. 

A couple offers pending, one for a striker.  He wants cover at right and left back. He needs 80 goals if Rovers are to be promoted, Graham 20 to 25, plus a similar total amount from midfield and then also set piece defenders goals, means that he definitely requires another striker for a similar 20 goal tally.

Chatted about the recruitment process, Tommy Johnson chief scout and being away only back touching base with him only once a week, he'd  also like to have a team of young interns, Sports Science, each looking at  the analytics from specific leagues, for example French 2nd tier league, knowing the league inside out and highlighting the best right back for example, TM speaking with them each afternoon about players that might be a good fit and who he should be looking at. So Chaddy at al, send him your FIFA and Football manager CV.

Strange about wanting another 20 goal a season striker, what formation does he plan on playing? I can't really see how Dack fits in unless he is behind two strikers, which is pretty much unheard of in modern day football. Something like this?

Raya

Nyambe Lenihan Mulgrew Williams

Bennett Whittingham Smallwood

Dack

Graham New

Not convinced myself.

1 hour ago, Suhail Slayer said:

YAWN

all this optimism and euphoria about winning the league will be shot to pieces. Just watch.

Everyone wants this to positive... needs it to be positive....it looks and feels positive.... so surely it must be positive....right ?

Let's see what the final outcome is of the net transfer activity and what happens "on the grass".

NAPM

FOV

I think the YAWN is a bit dismissive, but I have to say I do share your reservations.I will reserve my judgement, fearing the worst...

53 minutes ago, Dreams of 1995 said:

This year there seems to be a hint of professionalism about us. It can't be Cheston that has done it, nor can it be silent Coar or that other rat bag with him. Pasha has been here a while and is about as invisible as that Babu bloke. So what has brought about the change in how we do things? Or, more importantly, who? And could the accountants be linked with this?

I think you might be on to something, however my suspicion would be that various staff at Ewood know they have to raise their game otherwise they'll be first in line when the job cuts come after the accountants have done their bit.

7 minutes ago, RV Blue said:

Strange about wanting another 20 goal a season striker, what formation does he plan on playing? I can't really see how Dack fits in unless he is behind two strikers, which is pretty much unheard of in modern day football. Something like this?

Raya

Dack

Graham New

Not convinced myself.

What?? How is wanting another 20 goal striker strange when you only have 2 strikers currently at the club? Whether we play 1 or 2 or 5 upfront, how is wanting a 20 goal striker strange?? I am confused 

Check the stats, 80 goals for champions, look at the squad and ask yourself who will score these and also can you see Graham playing 46 games?

He did actually discuss formations , adding that on occasions he might look at the opposition and decide that with their high pressing game, he might set the team deeper and look to break at speed, in such instances he said he'd see DG perhaps coming on off the bench later in the game. Implying another striker with perhaps more movement and pace? 

5 minutes ago, JHRover said:

I think you might be on to something, however my suspicion would be that various staff at Ewood know they have to raise their game otherwise they'll be first in line when the job cuts come after the accountants have done their bit.

There is that point but all seems to have gone too swimmingly for this to be an overnight kick-up-the-arse for the staff. I'm hoping something comes out soon as to why these accountants came to Ewood but I doubt it. Perhaps somebody, somewhere, wanted an independent evaluation outside of Cheston and took the cost to do so.
If you think about it, the cost of 800k for accountants + Dack, Smallwood, Whittingham & Gladwin must all come to a total of 2.5/3 million up front cost before we have even kicked a ball. I thought we were skint? Where's this money come from?

I know the FFP are less strict in League 1 but that goes against the principles of Venkys to spend. It's a complete U-turn on how they've decided is best to run the club.

10 minutes ago, RV Blue said:

Raya

Dack

Graham New

Not convinced myself.

Pardon?

I think the easy solution to that would be to drop Smallwood back and change the shape into a diamond. That said TM would more likely line up something like:

Raya                                                                                      Raya

Lenihan Mulgrew (New CB)                                       Nyambe Lenihan Mulgrew Williams
Nyambe                                   Williams                                            Whittingham Smallwood
              Whittingham  Smallwood                            OR         Bennett        Dack             Conway/Gladwin
                          Dack                                                                               Striker
               Graham       New

Guesswork of course but can't help but think you've chosen that odd formation to further a point.

6 minutes ago, Bigdoggsteel said:

What?? How is wanting another 20 goal striker strange when you only have 2 strikers currently at the club? Whether we play 1 or 2 or 5 upfront, how is wanting a 20 goal striker strange?? I am confused 

Did you not read my post? By signing Dack it would suggest that he was planning on playing 1 upfront and 1 in behind, how can a striker get 20 goals if he's sitting on the bench? From Mowbray's comments it sounds like he wants to play 2 upfront which is strange seeing as he just signed Dack. So how can you fit Dack and two strikers in the same team? Chelsea didn't have two 20 goals a season strikers last year, neither did Tottenham, Man City, Liverpool or anyone else I can think of. To me it is strange.

There is that point but all seems to have gone too swimmingly for this to be an overnight kick-up-the-arse for the staff. I'm hoping something comes out soon as to why these accountants came to Ewood but I doubt it. Perhaps somebody, somewhere, wanted an independent evaluation outside of Cheston and took the cost to do so.
If you think about it, the cost of 800k for accountants + Dack, Smallwood, Whittingham & Gladwin must all come to a total of 2.5/3 million up front cost before we have even kicked a ball. I thought we were skint? Where's this money come from?

I know the FFP are less strict in League 1 but that goes against the principles of Venkys to spend. It's a complete U-turn on how they've decided is best to run the club.

Pardon?

I think the easy solution to that would be to drop Smallwood back and change the shape into a diamond. That said TM would more likely line up something like:

Raya                                                                                      Raya

Lenihan Mulgrew (New CB)                                       Nyambe Lenihan Mulgrew Williams
Nyambe                                   Williams                                            Whittingham Smallwood
              Whittingham  Smallwood                            OR         Bennett        Dack             Conway/Gladwin
                          Dack                                                                               Striker
               Graham       New

Guesswork of course but can't help but think you've chosen that odd formation to further a point.

Say pardon to me then post a load of gibberish, brilliant.

Just now, RV Blue said:

Did you not read my post? By signing Dack it would suggest that he was planning on playing 1 upfront and 1 in behind, how can a striker get 20 goals if he's sitting on the bench? From Mowbray's comments it sounds like he wants to play 2 upfront which is strange seeing as he just signed Dack. So how can you fit Dack and two strikers in the same team? Chelsea didn't have two 20 goals a season strikers last year, neither did Tottenham, Man City, Liverpool or anyone else I can think of. To me it is strange.

So you don't think we should sign another 20 goal striker, if one becomes available? 

3 minutes ago, Dreams of 1995 said:

Pardon?

Graham       New

I am confused you have one team with 12 players and 1 team with 10

Just now, Bigdoggsteel said:

So you don't think we should sign another 20 goal striker, if one becomes available? 

Not if we are spending big money on one because I think there are more important areas where we need to improve. What is the point of having two top strikers and playing one of them? He must be thinking of playing two strikers which makes it confusing as to where Dack will be playing.

1 minute ago, RV Blue said:

Say pardon to me then post a load of gibberish, brilliant.

It's not gibberish at all. The diamond is a formation used by lots of managers who wish to play 2 up top. Likewise, the 3 at the back with wing backs & 2 forwards is how TM has played before. What was gibberish was the formation you put forward.

Just now, Peteb2014 said:

I am confused you have one team with 12 players and 1 team with 10

No I don't.

Just now, RV Blue said:

Not if we are spending big money on one because I think there are more important areas where we need to improve. What is the point of having two top strikers and playing one of them? He must be thinking of playing two strikers which makes it confusing as to where Dack will be playing.

Very considerate of Venkys money aren't you :) 

We need competition. We currently have 2 recognized senior strikers. I would prefer competition from a 20 goal striker rather than someone like Chris Brown. 

Why are you so sure signing Dack means we will play 1 upfront? Why can't he play behind 2 strikers? 

I have never , ever heard someone say we shouldn't sign a 20 goal striker before :lol:

Just now, Dreams of 1995 said:

It's not gibberish at all. The diamond is a formation used by lots of managers who wish to play 2 up top. Likewise, the 3 at the back with wing backs & 2 forwards is how TM has played before. What was gibberish was the formation you put forward.

No I don't.

Read what you put again, it makes no sense. Which team has played a diamond formation with 2 upfront? Liverpool but that didn't go so well. When TM played 3 at the back he had 1 stiker and 2 wingers. I would much rather keep it simple and play a 4-2-3-1 like most teams do.

Raya

Whittingham Smallwood

Bennett            Dack             New

Graham

1 minute ago, Bigdoggsteel said:

Very considerate of Venkys money aren't you :) 

We need competition. We currently have 2 recognized senior strikers. I would prefer competition from a 20 goal striker rather than someone like Chris Brown. 

Why are you so sure signing Dack means we will play 1 upfront? Why can't he play behind 2 strikers? 

I have never , ever heard someone say we shouldn't sign a 20 goal striker before :lol:

You're completely misinterpreting what Boz said. TM said we need two strikers to get 20 goals each in order to get promotion, not that we need a potential 20 goal a season striker to provide competition to Graham. This new striker won't be competing with Graham, he will be playing alongside him.

4 minutes ago, Bigdoggsteel said:

It would have to be an almost unheard of formation for it to happen, which is exactly the point I initially made.

7 minutes ago, RV Blue said:

Read what you put again, it makes no sense. Which team has played a diamond formation with 2 upfront? Liverpool but that didn't go so well. When TM played 3 at the back he had 1 stiker and 2 wingers. I would much rather keep it simple and play a 4-2-3-1 like most teams do.

Raya

Whittingham Smallwood

Bennett            Dack             New

Graham

To the formation you put forward you'd put Smalwood in front of the back 4 and it would make sense as a formation. Then I provided 2 formations I'd say TM will be more likely to adopt.

Since when has 2 strikers been unheard of? Hahahaha. Give over, you are on the wind up. The diamond has been used for years.

To the formation you put forward you'd put Smalwood in front of the back 4 and it would make sense as a formation. Then I provided 2 formations I'd say TM will be more likely to adopt.

Since when has 2 strikers been unheard of? Hahahaha. Give over, you are on the wind up. The diamond has been used for years.

Your formation is formatted wrongly, it comes up as gibberish. 2 strikers with 1 in behind is almost unheard of. If I'm wrong please give me some examples...

Archived