BRFCS

BY THE FANS, FOR THE FANS
SINCE 1996
Proudly partnered with TheTerraceStore.com

[Archived] Transfers Part 2

Tom

True you don't want it invading every thread but it cannot be let lie completely because what happens then is gradually history will start to be re written by the plants on here as it is on other forums. Glossing over of facts and steering blame away we've seen it all before a bit like when some constantly appeared trying to blame Shebby Singh for everything and the names Anderson, Kean, SEM, Kentaro almost got airbrushed from history.

It's not happening !!!

• Replies 13.1k
  • Created
  • Last Reply
Just now, Bluebandit said:

I'm trying here not to digress. It's not simplistic it's quite complex I will be attending next season I don't wish to talk about the Venkys to be honest please respect that.

Doesn't really matter what you want to talk about. On an open message board we can talk about anything as long as we don't hijack a thread for our own ends. The fact is that our owners are responsible for inadequate recruitment in previous seasons, have a history of giving a bit with one hand and taking away lots with the other. We know very little about those who have been brought in, and there are 2 months for them to sell anyone they feel like selling, which, if they stick to form, they will do, even if the manager doesn't want to sell. Feel as optimistic as you want. I hope your optimism is well-founded but I'll wait till the window shuts before I get excited at our transfer business. 

Just now, gumboots said:

Doesn't really matter what you want to talk about. On an open message board we can talk about anything as long as we don't hijack a thread for our own ends. The fact is that our owners are responsible for inadequate recruitment in previous seasons, have a history of giving a bit with one hand and taking away lots with the other. We know very little about those who have been brought in, and there are 2 months for them to sell anyone they feel like selling, which, if they stick to form, they will do, even if the manager doesn't want to sell. Feel as optimistic as you want. I hope your optimism is well-founded but I'll wait till the window shuts before I get excited at our transfer business. 

Yes that is true but when I'm quoted I like to offer a explanation I would prefer if this thread stuck to transfers but as you've correctly said it's a open MB forum people can talk about the sainsbury Jaffa cake offer deal if they wish to doesn't mean I have to join in.

8 minutes ago, Bluebandit said:

I'm trying here not to digress. It's not simplistic it's quite complex I will be attending next season I don't wish to talk about the Venkys to be honest please respect that.

I think he stated that your attendance doesn't mean he believes you are pro Venkys. Likewise, he gave a perfect summary of how you can't be a Rovers fan and not totally against Venkys. There's nothing complex about this situation: under Venkys Blackburn Rovers have lost value, fans, quality and respect. It cannot be argued against. Their stewardship has seen the worst years in over 2 decades.

They took over a Premier League club revered in the country for being a well run, family friendly club.

Fast forward 7 years and we are laughed at, held up as an example of how NOT to run a club, ridden with debt and in the lower leagues.

That's how simple this is.

Just now, Gavlar Somerset Rover! said:

Looks like Greer is still training with us :unsure:.

And people still say we don't need defenders.

Just now, Bluebandit said:

Yes that is true but when I'm quoted I like to offer a explanation I would prefer if this thread stuck to transfers but as you've correctly said it's a open MB forum people can talk about the sainsbury Jaffa cake offer deal if they wish to doesn't mean I have to join in.

Are they proper Jaffa cakes or Sainsbury's own ?

1 hour ago, Admiral Nelsen said:

With you entirely about pace. Would stick up for Conway a bit though, I think he's easy to defend against when he's the main threat to focus on. When we had king or Cairney playing, Conway was much more productive. In the last year or two defenders could double up on him, which is where his lack of pace is really exposed. If Dack/Gladwin turn out to be a real threat, then hopefully we might see the Conway of a couple of years ago.

I think he's been poor for 2 years as he is extremely one dimensional (cut inside and either fall over hoping for a foul or cross) and he's lost the little bit of pace he once had.

• Backroom
Just now, bob fleming said:

Are they cakes or biscuits though?

And at the risk of going off topic, I thought Gladwin was on a free by the way?

Depends if they go hard (cake) or soft (biscuit) when stale.

16 minutes ago, Biz said:

You shop at Sainsbury's? Says a lot... :) 

Chance would be a fine thing we have only just got Aldi here in the last 12 months, still a novelty having a chainsaw in with your tea, milk and biscuits in the shopping trolley

• Backroom

I'm starting to wonder if we're actually going to play with out and out wingers?

With transfers so far, it looks as if Mowbray may opt to play our 'wingers' tucked in more centrally as an attacking midfield 3 behind the striker(s).

Dack and Gladwin seem to central players, and of our 3 wingers only Feeney seems to really relish the wide role. Bennett and Conway like coming inside and shooting.

Some pictures on the Rovers website of the players on there first day of pre season training, some eagle eye on facebook has noticed that Paul Caddis is on one of them, on trial maybe?

Picture 15 it is.

I have no idea if it is him or not, no idea what the bloke looks like.

Archived