BRFCS

BY THE FANS, FOR THE FANS
SINCE 1996
Proudly partnered with TheTerraceStore.com

[Archived] Transfers Part 2

Tom

43 minutes ago, Blue blood said:

Now I'm not sure i believe that! You evisaged:

The club dropping 2 tiers in 7 years, narrowly missing relegation several times on the way

That agents would be running the club

That we would appoint 2 never before having been managers, journeymen coaches as managers

We'd fire a proven manager who had success with us when he was doing well

The club would turn on it's fans when they protested

The media campaign against our fans

5 managers in 1 season

Having no proper board structure for 7 years

Appointing a joke of a pundit from India to be in charge

To appoint an ex programme seller as our assistant ceo or whatever title he had

a civil war in the board room

Signing all those Portugese players some of whom couldn't get into non league teams

Spending less than 1% of our incoming transfers fees on players

Radio silence from the owners

1 That is not natural decline. That is the rape and pillage of our club.

2 No one expected such a mess. It's the stuff of dream team tv soap.

But still, clean slate eh? After all it's hardly anything.

Whoops missed off adding £100 million to the debt.

Thus we will never forget! This club isn't safe in the hands of Venkys and suhail Pasha.this man needs removing

• Replies 13.1k
  • Created
  • Last Reply
  • Moderation Lead
1 hour ago, Bluebandit said:

I envisaged all this when the WT sold up it signified the end of what of you could call the end of a golden era I also knew that there would be a period of decline. It's fair to say mistakes have been plentiful along the way things could/should have been done differently for a myriad of factors. It hasn't transpired to be any different from my premonition. Time is relative 7mins 7hrs 7days 7weeks 7years the end result is still the same. So far I've not been wrong with my feelings I believe now if we can stabilise the debts learn from certain mistakes we can start going up in terms of league standing won't be a overnight thing.

It didn't have to be that way though! :angry: If they'd left Big Sam in situ, to crack on as he had been doing and let us crack on in the PL, they'd have been even richer with all the TV money which was about to come rolling in. They didn't have to do anything, but no, they know best and trust the wrong people and were 'badly advised'. :rolleyes:

All of this is Venky's fault and cannot and should not ever be forgiven.

1 hour ago, chaddyrovers said:

Wasnt my only source tho..2 others ones who backed all this up and more. I wont reveal the other 2 sources cos they dont want to named on public messageboard. 

Why don't you keep these things to yourself though? It's incredibly boring continually reading what other people have told you.

Just now, den said:

Why don't you keep these things to yourself though? It's incredibly boring continually reading what other people have told you.

May be to you but some find it interesting and informative. I do and it saves me ferriting around the web.

This is the Transfer thread.

Don't want to be named on a messageboard? :lol: You got it off Twitter.. I, for one, greatly appreciate you posting links and updates of Rovers news for us, personally I don't  have the time or inclination to sit trawling the internet for it, but can you please stick to that and stop talking and acting like you're a well connected sports journalist? You have no "sources", you don't "expect" anything to happen - the word you're looking for is either hope or think - the actual journos you follow and parrot on twitter have the sources and expect things to happen. If you said "A.N Journo expects, rather than I expect, Player x to sign this week" , then noone would or could give you any grief and would probably be more appreciative of your efforts to keep people updated.

Just a bit of friendly advice, back to transfers..

Looks like midfield is pretty much sorted. Could do with sorting out strikers next, then we see who is sold and line up replacements. Makes a refreshing change for the manager to have the makings of a plan for Summer!

Just now, K-Hod said:

Thank God you're along to rescue it then eh lad? :rover:

We have a serious infestation of "perennial wallow-hawks"...

"What you having for tea?" 

"I'm never eating chicken again..."

In all seriousness, it would be nice to move on at some point? We have no impact on who owns us, so why allow that to fester in every single discussion.

Just now, Reidy You're a Star said:

Don't want to be named on a messageboard? :lol: You got it off Twitter.. I, for one, greatly appreciate you posting links and updates of Rovers news for us, personally I don't  have the time or inclination to sit trawling the internet for it, but can you please stick to that and stop talking and acting like you're a well connected sports journalist? You have no "sources", you don't "expect" anything to happen - the word you're looking for is either hope or think - the actual journos you follow and parrot on twitter have the sources and expect things to happen. If you said "A.N Journo expects, rather than I expect, Player x to sign this week" , then noone would or could give you any grief and would probably be more appreciative of your efforts to keep people updated.

Just a bit of friendly advice, back to transfers..

Looks like midfield is pretty much sorted. Could do with sorting out strikers next, then we see who is sold and line up replacements. Makes a refreshing change for the manager to have the makings of a plan for Summer!

He knows more than you think y'know.

There are some very sobering posts now on this thread. If the upcoming season turns out well and we are winning plenty of matches and in the top two, understandably, the fans will be pleased and the chances are attendances will increase. That is the natural phenomena, of a winning team, irrespective of the division. As a couple of posters have highlighted, we should not be in this position and even a promotion as Champions, would only out us back to one tier lower than when the current owners took over. I dread to think what the mood will be, if we get off to a bad start and are only hovering around mid table, or worse.

Just now, RV Blue said:

We need a quick winger Tony! Both Conway and Feeney are not good enough to start and would be clear weak links in the 11.

You don't think Conway would be good enough in league one?  He was decent enough in the Championship, admittedly not consistent enough but not the only one, I certainly believe he's more than good enough in this league.  For me league one is Feeney's level so can't see how he'd be a weak link either, though I wouldn't be sad to see him leave.

Just now, lraC said:

There are some very sobering posts now on this thread. If the upcoming season turns out well and we are winning plenty of matches and in the top two, understandably, the fans will be pleased and the chances are attendances will increase. That is the natural phenomena, of a winning team, irrespective of the division. As a couple of posters have highlighted, we should not be in this position and even a promotion as Champions, would only out us back to one tier lower than when the current owners took over. I dread to think what the mood will be, if we get off to a bad start and are only hovering around mid table, or worse.

Think lynch-mob, dog-pack mentality looking for someone to blame.

Clue: They live in Pune

Just now, tomphil said:

We know that but the court case was obviously in the pipeline smart a*se

And we know that he got the big contract at Rovers to cover the civil damages that were bound to follow the conviction. I wonder how much the 'arrangers' fee was.

2 hours ago, RoversClitheroe said:

Surely not that Jamie person? He thought we were signing emmanuel rivere on a free when he still has a year left on his contract

That Jamie guy on twitter is about as in the know as the rest of us, he never reports anything as his own he see's us linked with someone then latches on too it as his own. Chaddy doesn't have any sources, the only sources he has are the people on twitter he pesters everyday and I wouldn't call any of them in the know. 

Just now, Manchester Blue said:

You don't think Conway would be good enough in league one?  He was decent enough in the Championship, admittedly not consistent enough but not the only one, I certainly believe he's more than good enough in this league.  For me league one is Feeney's level so can't see how he'd be a weak link either, though I wouldn't be sad to see him leave.

No I don't, the lad's legs have gone. Just because he's a bit of a cult hero doesn't mean he's good enough to start, he'll be ok as an impact player though. Besides, we need pace! Our current best 11 is lacking in one department, pace. As League 1 is a very physical league, pace goes a long way.

Pace is definitely needed. We need a player with pace and skill though - it's no good buying a donkey like Delfounso who has, or had, bags of pace but the touch of a brick wall.

What is happening with this Akinde fella? I've heard Lambert's name floating around but I can't see much point in that, except for the fact his ability in the air with the deliveries of Dack/Whittingham could be a good partnership. If we see Lambert come in I'd expect to see Graham going; if we see Lambert come in and no pace added up front I'd suggest it would be TM's first mistake this transfer window.

I'm over the moon we can start to discuss incoming players and have some faith they may come. Last two transfer windows have been depressing to say the least. 

2 hours ago, Blue blood said:

Now I'm not sure i believe that! You evisaged:

The club dropping 2 tiers in 7 years, narrowly missing relegation several times on the way

That agents would be running the club

That we would appoint 2 never before having been managers, journeymen coaches as managers

We'd fire a proven manager who had success with us when he was doing well

The club would turn on it's fans when they protested

The media campaign against our fans

5 managers in 1 season

Having no proper board structure for 7 years

Appointing a joke of a pundit from India to be in charge

To appoint an ex programme seller as our assistant ceo or whatever title he had

a civil war in the board room

Signing all those Portugese players some of whom couldn't get into non league teams

Spending less than 1% of our incoming transfers fees on players

Radio silence from the owners

1 That is not natural decline. That is the rape and pillage of our club.

2 No one expected such a mess. It's the stuff of dream team tv soap.

But still, clean slate eh? After all it's hardly anything.

Whoops missed off adding £100 million to the debt.

I did say there had been plenty of mistakes in the past which had ultimately led to problems. For me it's just about watching a game of football & enjoying it. I envisaged the decline but not necessarily all the incidents you have mentioned. Im not pro or anti Venkys to be honest I'm not that interested in them. Back to the topic I'm just glad somebody has pulled they finger out & we are making signings & tonys still on board. I haven't come on here on for a row it's the last thing I want.

19 minutes ago, RV Blue said:

No I don't, the lad's legs have gone. Just because he's a bit of a cult hero doesn't mean he's good enough to start, he'll be ok as an impact player though. Besides, we need pace! Our current best 11 is lacking in one department, pace. As League 1 is a very physical league, pace goes a long way.

I agree. Conway slipped into Easy Street after he signed a three year deal in December 15. Before signing that deal he was pretty much first choice and created plenty of chances for our strikers with some great balls into the box. At 32 it will be difficult for him to play a regular role in what I think will be high tempo football. If he has any saleable value I would be looking to cash in.

30 minutes ago, RV Blue said:

With you entirely about pace. Would stick up for Conway a bit though, I think he's easy to defend against when he's the main threat to focus on. When we had king or Cairney playing, Conway was much more productive. In the last year or two defenders could double up on him, which is where his lack of pace is really exposed. If Dack/Gladwin turn out to be a real threat, then hopefully we might see the Conway of a couple of years ago.

3 hours ago, RoversClitheroe said:

Surely not that Jamie person? He thought we were signing emmanuel rivere on a free when he still has a year left on his contract

Thats Jamie person is closer.and full of bs. He was caught out yesterday and when I told him this he blocked me

2 hours ago, JacknOry said:

Your mum and dad dont want to be associated with you perhaps? :D

Such a funny guy :rolleyes:

1 hour ago, den said:

I keep alot of stuff to myself tho and dont post them

Just now, Bluebandit said:

I did say there had been plenty of mistakes in the past which had ultimately led to problems. For me it's just about watching a game of football & enjoying it. I envisaged the decline but not necessarily all the incidents you have mentioned. Im not pro or anti Venkys to be honest I'm not that interested in them. Back to the topic I'm just glad somebody has pulled they finger out & we are making signings & tonys still on board. I haven't come on here on for a row it's the last thing I want.

There wouldn't have been a decline had all the "mistakes" (by that I mean corruption, ill intent, arrogance and irresponsibility) not happened. We definitely wouldn't be in league 1 with an extra £100 million debt. Heck under Big Sam we probably wouldn't have been even relegated. No one could foresee such a big decline which was only made possible by the "mistakes".

As for neither pro or anti Venkys, anyone pro Rovers has to be anti Venkys because they are destroying the club. Btw you can be anti Vs and still attend - not what I'm saying. It's like saying you're indifferent to the hole in your boat and just want to sail - you can't just sail because the hole and leaking in water is forcing you down. The two are utterly connected and if you care about Rovers you should be bothered about what/who is destroying them.

Just now, Blue blood said:

There wouldn't have been a decline had all the "mistakes" (by that I mean corruption, ill intent, arrogance and irresponsibility) not happened. We definitely wouldn't be in league 1 with an extra £100 million debt. Heck under Big Sam we probably wouldn't have been even relegated. No one could foresee such a big decline which was only made possible by the "mistakes".

As for neither pro or anti Venkys, anyone pro Rovers has to be anti Venkys because they are destroying the club. Btw you can be anti Vs and still attend - not what I'm saying. It's like saying you're indifferent to the hole in your boat and just want to sail - you can't just sail because the hole and leaking in water is forcing you down. The two are utterly connected and if you care about Rovers you should be bothered about what/who is destroying them.

I'm trying here not to digress. It's not simplistic it's quite complex I will be attending next season I don't wish to talk about the Venkys to be honest please respect that.

Archived