BRFCS

BY THE FANS, FOR THE FANS
SINCE 1996
Proudly partnered with TheTerraceStore.com

[Archived] Transfers Part 2

Tom

6 minutes ago, JayPeeBee40 said:

Like the idea of Armstrong purely from his goals record, but am always wary of signing players that have been involved in a relegation previously.

To be fair about that though, Tommy spurr was a steady performer in the championship for us, having been relegated previously with Doncaster.

Armstrong would be a good player but Newcastle may want him to play in championship this season.

Spurr was very good when olssan was injured and then he moved on. 

Probadly bought more as cover at Preston wouldn't surprise me if he was loaned out 

• Replies 13.1k
  • Created
  • Last Reply
Just now, Bluebandit said:

You think far too much for my liking. I'd rather invest or misplace my confidence in people who have amassed a fortune by not being stupid. People do not simply become like that by making wrong decisions. The potential is for us is to become a stable club once the debt is cleared more support will accelerate that process or we can all squabble & drag our heels. People simply invest to secure a healthy return short term or long term. Last post on this thread I'm done.

Ha! Like I said, we have a choice to watch the football or not watch it.

Acknowledging our eye-watering unsustainable-without-Venkys debt is not overthinking, it's a fact.

Still need more than one striker even if the plan is just one up top. Graham (gets injured a bit), Stokes (gets nicked a bit). 3 strikers is not enough unless they are planning on bringing another young lad through.

I think it's clear from that interview that TM doesn't see Stokes as a big part of his plans. I would expect to see him leave this summer and three strikers brought in. 

It sounds like the plan is to play 5 in midfield with one up top. Dack/Gladwin will play in behind Graham I'd imagine, with Whittingham and Smallwood/Evans sitting in behind. 

Think we're lacking a lot of pace on the wings, that needs addressing. 

It will be an exciting season. We have the strongest squad in the league by a country mile. 

15 minutes ago, Bluebandit said:

You think far too much for my liking. I'd rather invest or misplace my confidence in people who have amassed a fortune by not being stupid. People do not simply become like that by making wrong decisions. The potential is for us to become a stable club once the debt is cleared more support will accelerate that process or we can all squabble & drag our heels. People simply invest to secure a healthy return short term or long term. Last post on this thread I'm done.

Funny really as stupid is a great word to describe Venkys actions towards us. And I believe they inherited their business from their parents. So on all counts I'd call them pretty stupid. And that's being charitable - corrupt would be even more apt.

PS for full list of stupidity see my earlier list. No way would I have confidence in them to get anything right and with all the evidence of their muck ups I can't see how anyone can seriously put their confidence in them. I mean seriously - it's more than a few mistakes it's the destruction of a club. How can you have confidence in that when the evidence shows they're not fit to run a bath let alone a football club???

19 minutes ago, Bluebandit said:

You think far too much for my liking. I'd rather invest or misplace my confidence in people who have amassed a fortune by not being stupid. People do not simply become like that by making wrong decisions. The potential is for us to become a stable club once the debt is cleared more support will accelerate that process or we can all squabble & drag our heels. People simply invest to secure a healthy return short term or long term. Last post on this thread I'm done.

It must be a beautiful planet that you live on.

5 minutes ago, Fraserkirky said:

No chance. Surely they have got their players mixed up somehow? Maybe they meant Stokes.

18 minutes ago, RV Blue said:

No chance. Surely they have got their players mixed up somehow? Maybe they meant Stokes.

Could definitely see stokes going out on loan with us probably splitting his wage with Hibs to get some of his wages off the bill without having too fork out a load to pay his contract off as it seems pretty clear he has no future here. 

34 minutes ago, Fraserkirky said:

"It’s understood Rovers would be happy to let the 31-year-old — who has also starred for Middlesbrough, Watford and Sunderland — leave for a club happy to take on a percentage of his wages"

But then we'd have to buy someone else and pay them wages instead.

Unless of course Graham really is unhappy being at a club in League 1. If so, ship him out, based on most of last season he'd be no great loss. A fit and committed Graham is the minimum Mowbray should demand from him.

I see a few have written Conway off. Bit hasty. He wasn't fit last season. With a proper pre-season, and not a Coyle pre-season, he might do a lot better this season

2 hours ago, Bluebandit said:

You make yourself look rather short sighted in this post. I'm glad you're done - your posts are as inane as many a WUM that has blighted these forums over the years.

7 minutes ago, Beanie01289 said:

Nothing TM has said indicates his thinking of letting Graham go and him coming in early for pre season would seem to say hes not overly unhappy.

Oh and they would not be paying anywhere near his full wage.

Exactly, would be pointless as Hibs would be paying a minuscule amount compared to what he's on.

After reading about our search for a striker I decided to have a look at the top scorers in League One for last season. I was astonished to see Josh Morris in the number 3 spot with 19 goals (plus 17 assists) presumably all from central midfield.

I really can't say I rated him at all on the handful of occasions I saw him play for us, so to me it has really come to something that I'm looking at those stats and wishing Josh Morris played for us next season.

Why would Rovers loan Danny Graham when Hibs cant afford Stokes wages?

Plus Mowbray praised Graham yesterday. 

Strange story. 

On the striker search

Nothing wrong with enquiring for Adam Armstrong on loan. Newcastle can only say no

Look at Obita on a free would be decent 4th choice. Just need a pacey striker as 3rd striker

1 minute ago, chaddyrovers said:

Mowbray saying.he is control who leaves if anyone

._If_there___s_movement_out_then_it_will_be_because_I_want_it_to_happen____Rovers_boss_issues_strong_message_on_likelihood_of_player_sales/

Any player that wants to go, will go. 

It's the same every window on here, every player we sign is brilliant and all our players want to stay.

Some will leave, some signings will not work.

Lennon is upset that Rovers will not give him his drinking buddy Stokes for basically free.

To cause unrest at Rovers the ginger shortarse plants the Graham story in the gutter press hoping that to quieten things down TM may rethink on Stokes.

TM responds by telling Lennon, but without naming him, to do one.

It's actually a non-story although eventually TM may decide that Stokes is better suited for the Hibernian Swingers & Drinking Club.

Imo

i don't see the attraction of bringing Lambert in if Stokes and Graham are staying , I would much rather see a different type of striker , one with pace and movement I haven't seen a lot of this John Akinde but he looks a real handful ,like Jason Roberts  . Nyambe and Williams both did enough for me last season to earn the starting spots at full back , what we don't have is sufficient back up to them , so bringing in Caddis or McMahon on a free makes sense , as left back goes I think we need someone who could operate all down the left hand side , someone who is comfortable at left back or left midfield ( dare I say it - a young Marcus Ollson ). After that I think we are more or less there , I just cannot see Mulgrew he come September so maybe bring in a c/b now may appeal . 

• Backroom
25 minutes ago, AJW said:

i don't see the attraction of bringing Lambert in if Stokes and Graham are staying , I would much rather see a different type of striker , one with pace and movement I haven't seen a lot of this John Akinde but he looks a real handful ,like Jason Roberts  . Nyambe and Williams both did enough for me last season to earn the starting spots at full back , what we don't have is sufficient back up to them , so bringing in Caddis or McMahon on a free makes sense , as left back goes I think we need someone who could operate all down the left hand side , someone who is comfortable at left back or left midfield ( dare I say it - a young Marcus Ollson ). After that I think we are more or less there , I just cannot see Mulgrew he come September so maybe bring in a c/b now may appeal . 

Having seen him in the U23s Jack Doyle may suit our left side needs in exactly the way you describe! I think it'd be more pragmatic to do it using youth only because Williams has no injury record to speak of, while Mulgrew can slot in there if need be.

10 hours ago, rovers11 said:

I think it's clear from that interview that TM doesn't see Stokes as a big part of his plans. I would expect to see him leave this summer and three strikers brought in. 

It sounds like the plan is to play 5 in midfield with one up top. Dack/Gladwin will play in behind Graham I'd imagine, with Whittingham and Smallwood/Evans sitting in behind. 

Think we're lacking a lot of pace on the wings, that needs addressing. 

It will be an exciting season. We have the strongest squad in the league by a country mile. 

So we will finish top by a mile?

• Moderation Lead
1 hour ago, AllRoverAsia said:

Lennon is upset that Rovers will not give him his drinking buddy Stokes for basically free.

To cause unrest at Rovers the ginger shortarse plants the Graham story in the gutter press hoping that to quieten things down TM may rethink on Stokes.

TM responds by telling Lennon, but without naming him, to do one.

It's actually a non-story although eventually TM may decide that Stokes is better suited for the Hibernian Swingers & Drinking Club.

Imo

This Stokes and Hibs thing has really started to annoy me now.

It's like finding your dream house but not being able to afford the asking price or the repayments yet constantly bleating about it to the estate agents. 

It really is absolutely pathetic from Hibs and that small man syndrome victim Lennon. Put up or shut up you cheap swines!

3 hours ago, chaddyrovers said:

Although his stance on the players is commendable, we all know that player power wins the day every time.

Archived