BRFCS

BY THE FANS, FOR THE FANS
SINCE 1996
Proudly partnered with TheTerraceStore.com

[Archived] 9.30Pm Tonight - New Social Media Hashtag

• Replies 2.6k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Wheelock just went up in my estimation. Excellent contributions from him and Glen.

"But let's move on from Blackburn"

...is what we are up against - apathy.

At least it was another 2 minutes of airtime though (taking the positives).

Wheelock just went up in my estimation. Excellent contributions from him and Glen.

"But let's move on from Blackburn"

...is what we are up against - apathy.

At least it was another 2 minutes of airtime though (taking the positives).

2 minutes on prime time with many many fans of all clubs listening in. I would not complain at that.

Fair play to Wheelock and Glen for ringing in, and also for Savage for giving them a platform. It's just a shame that the real problems at the club can't be mentioned.

I'd be surprised if the following comment couldn't be made on 5live:-

'It isn't relegation, or even our league position that is the problem. The problem is the way the club is being run by absent owners, and for whose benefit, because it isn't being run for the benefit of BRFC or it's supporters'

really ..its been alluded to many a time ..scouse mafia..

will some one post link after as im off out now

Didn't last long mate. I'll try to paraphrase...

Glen was excellent.

Succinct and accessible to non-Rovers fans. It's not about results.

Certainly portrayed the suffering of fans..

Asked Robbie to step up and be a patron of the Action Group...

The football authorities have abandoned us...

There is no communication...

No idea why they are still here...

Low gates...

Heartbreaking...

Wheelock confirmed that all decisions are taken in India from afar and that they are wanted out...

There is nothing really left to sell...

There was some sympathy from Savage to be fair but his co-presenter just sees it as another call. Next.

Good airtime though.

I know we want wall to wall of the woes of Blackburn Rovers but it will not happen.

We have had more coverage in the last 2 weeks than we have had in 2 years.

Focus on the positives and keep up the pressure.

And well done Wheelock. You have taken some stick on here......credit when credit is due,

In fairness to Savage he did ask Wheelock 'Who is making the decisions at Rovers'?

2 minutes on prime time with many many fans of all clubs listening in. I would not complain at that.

Agreed, it's the beginning of the season and there's a lot more of interest to most football fans than whats going on at Rovers (the new Prem season for a start). We're only getting this exposure because of Savage. Massive thanks to him.

Agreed he had a chance there to say something and he bottled it in my opinion

Savage is a spineless jellyfish. You only have to look at how he changed his opinion on Kean after he won a few games.

• Backroom

Savage is a spineless jellyfish. You only have to look at how he changed his opinion on Kean after he won a few games.

Indeed.

http://www.mirror.co.uk/sport/football/news/robbie-savage-feel-steve-kean-3312338

Yes I've changed my tune over steve kean , what he has been through, to keep Blackburn up is success, players like him, gives youth a chance

Was the fundraiser mentioned?

To be fair to Savage, Oyston at Blackpool proved how these disgusting wretches who ruin football clubs operate. If they'll sue their own fans then they'll certainly sue prominent media. Savage was probably wary about legal action on a personal level and bosses at the BBC going ballistic about putting the organisation at the threat of litigation for Blackburn Rovers (who they likely care little about).

Indeed.

http://www.mirror.co.uk/sport/football/news/robbie-savage-feel-steve-kean-3312338

Yes I've changed my tune over steve kean , what he has been through, to keep Blackburn up is success, players like him, gives youth a chance

Was the fundraiser mentioned?

Hopefully Savage is now a lot more clued in to what has happened at our club. Some Rovers fans still dont know who was pulling Kean's strings. Savage just gave our fans a platform and got 'his mate' Wheelock to speak out. Lets not criticise him for not being clued up years ago.

• Backroom

Hopefully Savage is now a lot more clued in to what has happened at our club. Some Rovers fans still dont know who was pulling Kean's strings. Savage just gave our fans a platform and got 'his mate' Wheelock to speak out. Lets not criticise him for not being clued up years ago.

His show relies on people calling in, so we're doing him as much of a favour as he's doing us. If it's being treated as "just another call" then he's doing no more for us than any other talk show host.

His stance on Kean was laughable, and as an ex-player I'm sure he knew something wasn't quite right there. That was the time to support us, it's all a bit late now.

Archived